Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Election Aftermath

also everyone bitching about this "handout," but not all the written off PPP loans, Pentagon waste, TARP bailout funds, etc. is a complete dumbfuck who deserves to die in a fire.

I have enjoyed the White House Twitter account calling out all of the politicians for their forgiven PPP loans.

I think it could be a combination of several things.

Empathy as michchamp put it. Most people know someone struggling with student debt for one reason or another.

We're so used to bailouts and subsidies in this country, it may be refreshing for some to see it happen to 'normal' people instead of the oil industry, automobile industry, politicians, banks, etc.

A lot of it I suspect is just people toeing the party line. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will benefit from this that would still tell Democrats to fuck off and vice versa for Democrats that have no use for it still supporting it.

People also like 'free' shit. That's truly a bipartisan opinion.

You?re preaching to the choir brother. I remember when the Republicans were the majority party from 2001 - 2007, they couldn?t give away free shit in the form of ?relaxed qualification mortgages? fast enough. Astonishingly, the loyal opposition party stood by and did nothing to stop that?in fact they were fully on board!

Can ya believe it?

It's also pretty fucked up for anyone who went to college debt-free (say before the mid 80's) or close to it, because it was better subsidized by our government to call this a handout or complain about it.

And I'm willing to be a lot of these "takers" or "parasites" getting a "handout" easily paid back that $10K and much more than that amount in interest already.

also everyone bitching about this "handout," but not all the written off PPP loans, Pentagon waste, TARP bailout funds, etc. is a complete dumbfuck who deserves to die in a fire.

I have bitched about everything on the list.

I actually didn?t bitch about the new Biden proposal. I just said I?m surprised that so many of the 87% who stand not to get a dime out of it are nevertheless supportive of what many view as a regressive handout to people who financed their way into a position of statistical advantage, not unlike the way the catastrophic PPP program, the TARP bailout and Pentagon waste are regressive.

Last edited:
how anyone can argue that people shouldnt get debt forgiveness because they didnt is a horrendous person. it is the institutions profiteering by price fixing and it should be illegal or capped for education. so if the gov price capped energy profits now would they say what about all the extra money they lost before the price cap? should blame rampant capitalism for taking adv of people and not the people being taken adv of.

See some people have this thing called "empathy" and/or another thing called "altruism" whereby they can support good things for other people even if it doesn't directly benefit them.

But also, my parents, for example, would want their kids to get loan forgiveness, even though they don't carry any debt from their college years. or spouses, or siblings would want something better for their relations.

That 13% figure seems like an undercount to me anyway.

The vast majority of Americans never went to college but if it seems like an undercount to you, that's all we need to know this is a great idea.

It may be empathy but supporting the government forcing everyone else who paid their debts or didn't go to college to pay for your kids degree isn't altruism. An altruist would set up and voluntarily pay into a fund that other altruists could voluntarily pay into to relieve student debt. or simply overpay their taxes if they thought the government could better decide how to spend that money (the realist in me thinks that's tantamount to the altruist simply lighting their money on fire).

And if it's empathy, it's misplaced given that massive amounts of this boondoggle are going to pay for people making over $80k/yr. Kinda like all the working class people paying taxes so the 1% can get $7.5k in tax breaks on their nearly $70k electic vehicle. More ALTRUISM!

I think my parents would prefer their children make good choices and take responsibility for those choices, even the bad ones.

You?re preaching to the choir brother. I remember when the Republicans were the majority party from 2001 - 2007, they couldn?t give away free shit in the form of ?relaxed qualification mortgages? fast enough. Astonishingly, the loyal opposition party stood by and did nothing to stop that?in fact they were fully on board!

Can ya believe it?

Barney Frank did more for the subprime mortgage industry than anyone - he's the guy who laughed in Paulson's (or was it Greenspans) face when he testified before Frank's committee and warned that Fannie and Freddie were in danger of collapsing. He literally told him they were going to grow Fannie & Freddie, not shrink them. Then he has the audacity to blame the banks for doing exactly what he and Congress demanded they do and low information morons buy in and want to cede more power to these crooks.

I have bitched about everything on the list.

I actually didn?t bitch about the new Biden proposal. I just said I?m surprised that so many of the 87% who stand not to get a dime out of it are nevertheless supportive of what many view as a regressive handout to people who financed their way into a position of statistical advantage, not unlike the way the catastrophic PPP program, the TARP bailout and Pentagon waste are regressive.

Everything on this list plus all the corporate welfare and bailouts from the '08 financial crisis and the billions we keep sending to Ukraine...

Barney Frank did more for the subprime mortgage industry than anyone - he's the guy who laughed in Paulson's (or was it Greenspans) face when he testified before Frank's committee and warned that Fannie and Freddie were in danger of collapsing. He literally told him they were going to grow Fannie & Freddie, not shrink them. Then he has the audacity to blame the banks for doing exactly what he and Congress demanded they do and low information morons buy in and want to cede more power to these crooks.

More than this guy?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkAtUq0OJ68

That?s a tough sell.

From 2001 to 2007, two Republicans, one guy named Leach and the other guy named Oxley, one was from Iowa and the other from Ohio, chaired the House Financial Services Committee, that Barney Frank was the ranking member of during that time.

I don?t know whose face Frank did or didn?t laugh in.

Again, when the Republicans were in control during that time, and decided to become the party of giving away free shit, did the Democrats put the brakes on that?

Is it smart to put a fox in a hen house?

?When your opponent is about to trip over their own dick, get the fuck out of the way.?

That?s attributed variously to Sun Tzu, Confucius and Napoleon.

I like to think it was Washington, Grant or Eisenhower.

So, the affidavit is what they based the search on? The big question is did they find what they were looking for?

So, the affidavit is what they based the search on? The big question is did they find what they were looking for?

That's already been released when the warrant was, they found several hundred pages of classified documents, including ones marked TOP Secret SCI which means they weren't ever supposed to leave special rooms. They found unsecured classified documents relating to national defense, that's why the espionage act was cited on the warrant. And now it's been verified they found top secret human intelligence lists.

Mainly this affidavit, says they found 14 of the boxes that they were handed over in May had classified materials in them. Then they had multiple sources saying there was more classified data there, so they asked for this search warrant. And they found what is now at least another 300 classified documents, 700+ pages total.

The nature of some of the classified documents will never be known, but when an indictment is filed we'll know some more about some of the others. The DOJ has already said that some of the documents were the most highly sensitive secrets our government holds, that's where the speculation about nuclear weapons secrets is probably coming from, although I think there has been a leak suggesting there were nuclear weapons secrets in the materials recovered.

We'll see. Of course Trump is going to claim he telepathically declassified documents that were being packed in his last moments as President, but what he doesn't know is that Dark Brandon telepathically reclassified all of those documents the minute he took the oath of office.

Of note, the President doesn't have the authority to declassify nuclear secrets, only the department of energy does and it's a process that takes years to do.

Last edited:
I wonder if he also stole the Sharpie hurricane map. That would probably be something to look out for on Ebay.

That doesn?t matter. Merrick Garland found there was probable cause so Trump stole national security secrets and sold them to our enemies.

Back