Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

ah yeah, you're right. I conflated the year with the number.

This site reports 1,183.

talking about whether these killings are justified:
The report found that most killings by police begin with traffic stops, mental health checks, domestic disturbances, and other non-violent offenses where no crime was alleged. One in three police killings began with an alleged violent crime.​

It's not the year 2150 or 2200 yet. I don't think you conflated anything, you either doubled it or pulled it out of your ass thinking you wouldn't be fact checked (like you always do).

I like your piece though - doesn't sound at all biased. By far the most frequent reason for initial interaction with police of a police involved killings is alleged violent crime (32%), but they add up Traffic Violations (7%), mental health checks (9%), domestic disturbances (8%), and other non violent crimes to mislead the reader. It's misleading for other reasons as well because it doesn't really matter why the people had the initial interaction with the cops. What matters is what happened after that interaction. To just assume the cops are the ones that escalate these things because they're a bunch of trigger happy licensed-to-kill racist murderers is just stupid and completely unsupported by any evidence.

But I think the best part of your link is in the first paragraph where they say "forest protector" Tortuguita shot by Georgia State Police, not only NOT mentioning he shot a Georgia State Trooper, but also calling him a "non-violent lover of nature." That's not at all misleading or biased but I'm not surprised you didn't question that. You have to be pretty f'n dumb to take these people seriously.

Last edited:
some people might be claiming that. other people are saying police departments nationwide are clearly out of control, and need to be reigned in.

the # of Americans killed by police went up again last year.

Those people are called morons or anarchists or ANTIFA fascists - kinda the same thing except not all morons are anarchists or ANTIFA fascists.

But how about we humor these morons for a bit - let them make their case. Which police departments are out of control? There have to be thousands of police departments across the country so the average is clearly less than 1 police killing per department so the out of control ones have to be easy to identify. Which police departments have a disproportionate share in those killings? Once we identify those, we can take a look and see if all, most or any of those killings were unjustified. If there are police departments with large numbers of unjustified police killings, we can take corrective action but based on the numbers, we can clearly start by stating unequivocally that police departments nationwide aren't out of control, right?

Or does that not fit the anarchist, ANTIFA fascist narrative? Do we have to pretend that 1.2k deaths per literally millions of police interactions annually, the overwhelming majority of which are justified indicates that cops are clearly out of control racist murderers and we have to defund them, tear down the institution and replace it with social workers? I honestly can't believe even you are dumb enough to think that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Another black man gunned down in the streets by police. This time a double amputee in a wheelchair.

From the article: ?The way they killed my son, they murdered my son in a wheelchair with no legs,? Dorothy Lowe, Anthony Lowe?s mother, said at a news conference Monday. ?So they do need to do something about it, because I do I want justice for my son.?

Lowe was a loving, caring father who loved to dance and was quite funny, Ebonique Simon, mother to one of Lowe?s children, told CNN.
?We know that the Black community in Los Angeles is reeling and searching for answers. We know nothing can heal the trauma the community is experiencing right now,? she said, adding that ?Los Angeles County deserves to know how and why these incidents have occurred.?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/31/us/california-double-amputee-anthony-lowe-killed-by-police

Of course there is more to the story

On Thursday afternoon, Huntington Park Police Department officers responded to a report of a stabbing, the department said in a statement Monday. Responding officers found a victim suffering from ?a life-threatening stab wound resulting in a collapsed lung and internal bleeding,? the statement said.

The victim described the attacker as a Black man in a wheelchair who ?dismounted the wheelchair, ran to the victim without provocation, and stabbed him in the side of the chest with a 12? butcher knife? and then fled the scene in his wheelchair, HPPD said.

During their search, police found the alleged suspect a few blocks away holding a 12-inch butcher knife, HPPD said. The suspect allegedly ignored officer commands and threatened to ?advance or throw the knife,? and officers used two separate Tasers to try and subdue the suspect but failed, HPPD said.

?The suspect continued to threaten officers with the butcher knife, resulting in an officer-involved shooting,? HPPD said. It was not immediately clear how many officers were present or shot the suspect.

ZLM. I have to say I'm rather surprised MC didn't beat me to this one by posting it sooner. Obviously, there's no way in hell the cop would have shot the zebra if it wasn't half black. They haven't released the body cam footage yet, probably because witnesses are contradicting the cops story that the zebra was ignoring his warnings and advancing on him, saying that zebra was backing off with his front hooves in the air. Any predictions on how many cities are going to burn when this story gets picked up?

Last edited:
ah yeah, you're right. I conflated the year with the number.

This site reports 1,183.

talking about whether these killings are justified:
The report found that most killings by police begin with traffic stops, mental health checks, domestic disturbances, and other non-violent offenses where no crime was alleged. One in three police killings began with an alleged violent crime.​

Don't look now, another police involved shooting started with a traffic stop...

Like I said in post#2101 above...

...it doesn't really matter why the people had the initial interaction with the cops. What matters is what happened after that interaction. To just assume the cops are the ones that escalate these things because they're a bunch of trigger happy licensed-to-kill racist murderers is just stupid and completely unsupported by any evidence...

Although, I have no doubt you could watch that video and still blame the cop for this one too...

Last edited:
Back