Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

Is Is this same incident?

This appears to be from the body cam of an officer.

hmmm, looks and sounds like a bunch of blood thirsty cops hoping to shoot an unarmed mentally ill person. The only thing I can say for sure after watching that video is the only reason he wasn't summarily executed faster is because he wasn't black.

This looks like the point in the conversation where MC either walks away and admits nothing or pretends to not have watched the video and continues to push lies he made up from whole cloth, like he did in posts #2050 and #2054, like he continues to do with the Eric Garer, Treyvon Martin, George Floyd and many other cases.

Last edited:
hmmm, looks and sounds like a bunch of blood thirsty cops hoping to shoot an unarmed mentally ill person. The only thing I can say for sure after watching that video is the only reason he wasn't summarily executed faster is because he wasn't black.

So I guess you?re saying it is the same incident?

Also black guys don?t do suicide by cop the same way white guys do it. They just get the cops attention and then run away.

This looks like the point in the conversation where MC either walks away and admits nothing or pretends to not have watched the video and continues to push lies he made up from whole cloth, like he did in posts #2050 and #2054, like he continues to do with the Eric Garer, Treyvon Martin, George Floyd and many other cases.

I watched the video before I posted, and the different viewpoint doesn't change my opinion of anything I said.

I watched the video before I posted, and the different viewpoint doesn't change my opinion of anything I said.

Of course it doesn?t. When has taking a wrong sided, indefensible position in the face of indisputable facts and evidence to the contrary ever stopped you from making an ass of yourself?

(The answer is ?never?)

Last edited:

Okay.

The thing that cops dislike most about about obvious ?suicide by cop? suspects, is, they?re a little unpredictable.

They?re unpredictable because they?re specifically suicidal - an inarguably not normal state of mind.

In such a situation, how is any cop attempting to de-escalate supposed to be expected to know without a doubt that the poor miserable bastard, at his wit?s end, is really unarmed, and isn?t bent on taking as many cops out with him as he can?

In exactly 28 days, it will be the quarter century anniversary of a day that started out for me like any other day at the time. I was going to do some business, and then head to my bank ? the B of A on Laurel Canyon in North Hollywood, just north of Victory.

Anyways, I got to talking with a business associate, and got started to the bank about a half hour later than I intended to.

As I was about to get onto the Hollywood Freeway north at the Gower on ramp, I witnessed an astonishing sight ? a literal battalion of police cars were whirring passed me onto the on ramp, lights and sirens blazing.

I turned on news radio ? the bank I was heading to was under siege by two heavily armed gunmen, with strategic defense body armor, armed with munitions that would outgun the LAPD.

Anyway, that went onto be the fabled and legendary North Hollywood bank heist attempt of lore, the one that many say the movie ?Heat? was based on. If I had kept on schedule, I guess I probably would have been a hostage.

You probably know there was a massive firefight; the police had to literally upgrade their own arms at a gun shop on Vanowen and Whitsett near the bank. Thanks to whoever or whatever, no police nor civilians were killed; only the perps ? one killed himself walking on a residential side street, I don?t know, maybe he got bored waiting for the cops to get around to taking him out. The other died from wounds inflicted by the cops.

It was obvious they knew there was no chance they were going to get out alive. It was inarguably the most spectacular event of suicide by cop to date.

When a poor unfortunate bastard gets to the place of suicide by cop ? the cops can?t take any chances ? who knows what a person in that state of mind will do to police or civilian bystanders?

Okay.

The thing that cops dislike most about about obvious ?suicide by cop? suspects, is, they?re a little unpredictable.

Okay, so cops should just summarily execute anyone acting unpredictable, something I trust the average 20-something jackass cop to be a reliable witness to.

Okay, so cops should just summarily execute anyone acting unpredictable, something I trust the average 20-something jackass cop to be a reliable witness to.

It wasn?t just anyone being ?unpredictable;? whatever you mean by that, somebody on this board actually described it as an ?obvious suicide by cop? situation.

I forget who called it that - oh, that?s right, I remember now, it was you, in #2050.

A person who is obviously bent on killing at least one person poses a danger to everybody else around.

Beyond that, I don?t know what you mean by ?anyone acting unpredictable,? that?s a pretty nebulous description of a hypothetical situation.

they were begging the guy to put the knife down and not do anything to harm anyone for several minutes. they don't shoot the guy until he pulls something from his pocket, raises it up like a gun and points it at the cops. In your mind, that's cops summarily executing a guy just for acting unpredictably. Again, good take - very convincing.

Actor Jussie Smollett sentenced to probation, jail time for staging hate crime

CHICAGO, March 10 (Reuters) - A Chicago court on Thursday sentenced actor Jussie Smollett, one-time star of the TV drama "Empire," to 30 months probation and 150 days in jail for staging a hate crime against himself.

A jury in December found Smollett, 39, guilty of five of the six felony disorderly conduct counts he faced, one for each time he was accused of lying to police.

On Thursday, Cook County Circuit Court Judge James Linn also ordered Smollett to pay over $120,000 in restitution and fined him $25,000.

"I know that there is nothing that I will do here today that can come close to the damage you've already done to your own life," said Linn. "You've destroyed your life as you knew it."

Smollett's acting career declined after the incident. He lost his role as a singer-songwriter in the final season of "Empire," a Fox television hip-hop drama that ended a five-year run in 2020.

He has the right to appeal and said in court on Thursday that he was innocent.

Nice to see Smolletts attacker (himself) brought to justice. the sentence seems Fair and Reasonable.

Last edited:
More evidence that white supremacist terrorist violence is the single biggest threat we face today...

I was actually going to post about this in the ?Christian?s behaving badly? thread.

EDIT: I made ?Christians? plural, not possessive. Auto correct or voice recognition correct changed it. I know the fuckin? difference. I have a degree in English from the University of Michigan and a Masters Degree from the Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism at the University of Southern California, for the love of Mike.

Last edited:
Mostly peaceful rioter who ganged up on and assaulted a teenager for trying to put out the fire he (mostly peacefully) started, who then fired the first shot that led to two men getting killed is charged with multiple violent felonies. Please MC, tell us more about how Rittenhouse is the bad guy and these peaceful protestors are the victims of his white supremacist hate...

Interestingly, not a single "main stream" media outlet is reporting on this story...

Last edited:
is this the thread where we were talking about race hustler and total moron Jamele Hill or was it another thread? I can't remember. Anyway, I think I know what 5,000 of sbee and johnny's closest friends will be getting for Christmas...

This line made me laugh...

The sales for the memoir are on par with self-published cookbooks from aspiring authors who write as a side hustle, and Hill is a seasoned full-time journalist.

Last edited:
Back