Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

Exactly what I said is a myth - that police violence against minorities is a real threat to minorities. It's not. And the idea that this case is being put forth by the race hustlers as proof of a problem that doesn't exist it absurd and it's largely due to it being misreported by the media from the very beginning.

Then you would have a point if people were only protesting over police violence, but they aren't. It's just a trigger, not the whole thing.

Then you would have a point if people were only protesting over police violence, but they aren't. It's just a trigger, not the whole thing.

Like I said pages ago, the arsonists and the looters are protesting over "justice for Mike Brown" because to them justice = a trial, conviction and life sentence for officer Wilson and nothing less. Obviously, that's not the whole thing either so what is the whole thing?

Last edited:
Like I said pages ago, the arsonists and the looters are protesting over "justice for Mike Brown" because like I said pages ago, to them justice = a trial, conviction and life sentence for officer Wilson and nothing less. Obviously, that's not the whole thing either so what is the whole thing?

Where's my post from pages ago where I went over some of the other things this has become about?

Covering all of it is a bit more than a message board post, don't you think? I'm not sure it's worth the effort if you equate looters and people protesting. They're not the same thing.

Last edited:
Like I said pages ago, the arsonists and the looters are protesting over "justice for Mike Brown" because like I said pages ago, to them justice = a trial, conviction and life sentence for officer Wilson and nothing less. Obviously, that's not the whole thing either so what is the whole thing?

Here's a start:

http://detroitsportsforum.com/showpost.php?p=524052&postcount=266

But that's not all of what it's about either. For some, this is about racial bias in general, regardless of what happened in Ferguson.

There are many voices involved. Not just the looters and those that believe Brown was innocent.

Last edited:
no one rioted when Zimmerman was acquitted... it's not about convictions it's just about, at a minimum, following due process and holding police accountable for their actions. I don't think that was done here. I think Governor Nixon should appoint a special prosecutor from outside the region to conduct the investigation, or the feds should.

though if you had any doubts the ranks of police in Ferguson & surrounding areas were riddled with outright racists, check all the links to police statements & actions post-Mike-Brown's-shooting in the wiki article on this today. "Bring it you fucking animals"...

Post #1 in this thread links to stories about reporters getting arrested and the FAA banning news helicopters from the airspace.

no one rioted when Zimmerman was acquitted... it's not about convictions it's just about, at a minimum, following due process and holding police accountable for their actions. I don't think that was done here. I think Governor Nixon should appoint a special prosecutor from outside the region to conduct the investigation, or the feds should.

though if you had any doubts the ranks of police in Ferguson & surrounding areas were riddled with outright racists, check all the links to police statements & actions post-Mike-Brown's-shooting in the wiki article on this today. "Bring it you fucking animals"...

"Animals" is not a racist comment. It could be Speciesist at worst, but humans are technically animals, so....

Still trying to stoke the racism flames though, awesome!

You cannot apply other's thoughts to Wilson. He is an individual. Do you have evidence of him being racist? No? Then you have no case.

Post #1 in this thread links to stories about reporters getting arrested and the FAA banning news helicopters from the airspace.

FAA is allowed by the powers of the President to restrict air traffic, not the powers of local police. They may make a request and if there is sufficient safety related reasons to warrant the restriction then the FAA may institute those restrictions by the power of the Federal government.

Being a reporter does not make one immune from police arresting if they feel there are grounds. An arrest is not the same as a conviction. Cops arrest the wrong people on a daily basis. It is reasonable that in a highly intense situation, wrongful arrests of many sorts will be possible, not just of reporters.

Were the police completely innocent, no.... but no arrests would be needed if people did not stoke the racial elements into an issue when the shooting was never racially motivated. If they had protested peaceably, then there would not have been an escalation.

Gulo, I don't understand why a scientist would twist facts to fit theories instead of theories to fit facts. Cause THEN effect, not the opposite.

"Animals" is not a racist comment. It could be Speciesist at worst, but humans are technically animals, so....

Still trying to stoke the racism flames though, awesome!

You cannot apply other's thoughts to Wilson. He is an individual. Do you have evidence of him being racist? No? Then you have no case.

Depends on who he was referring to as animals, doesn't it? I mean, if you want to get technical.

Out of context, there's nothing racist about saying "you people", but it certainly can be used in a racist fashion.

FAA is allowed by the powers of the President to restrict air traffic, not the powers of local police. They may make a request and if there is sufficient safety related reasons to warrant the restriction then the FAA may institute those restrictions by the power of the Federal government.

Being a reporter does not make one immune from police arresting if they feel there are grounds. An arrest is not the same as a conviction. Cops arrest the wrong people on a daily basis. It is reasonable that in a highly intense situation, wrongful arrests of many sorts will be possible, not just of reporters.

Were the police completely innocent, no.... but no arrests would be needed if people did not stoke the racial elements into an issue when the shooting was never racially motivated. If they had protested peaceably, then there would not have been an escalation.

Gulo, I don't understand why a scientist would twist facts to fit theories instead of theories to fit facts. Cause THEN effect, not the opposite.

What have I twisted?

Many people in New York act like animals, race has nothing to do with that comment... it is purely based on their behavior. I usually use that term when referencing bad drivers or people with low brow behaviors. Again, it is twisting a fact... the statement... to fit a theory or agenda... making this non-racially motivated shooting into a racial one in order to make the criminal appear to be an innocent victim.

Many people in New York act like animals, race has nothing to do with that comment... it is purely based on their behavior. I usually use that term when referencing bad drivers or people with low brow behaviors. Again, it is twisting a fact... the statement... to fit a theory or agenda... making this non-racially motivated shooting into a racial one in order to make the criminal appear to be an innocent victim.

What have I said about any innocent victim?

...and what does how you use the term have to do with how he used the term?

...and how would it be ok for the officer to say this, even if you knew for certain there was no racism involved?

Feel free to keep trying, but keep in mind Wilson ordered Brown to stop and fired multiple times before the kill shot, so why did Brown die where he did if he was not moving toward Wilson despite orders to stop and essentially warning shots directed his way?

This has to be the most ridiculous thing posted in this thread.

Wow, a whole 12 out of a total of how many? certainly over 120, but lets use that as the high point to maximize the numbers in your favor. I personally would not be surprised to find out of all the people in that proximity to what was happening that 10% got arrested wrongfully. I would actually venture those were more likely the percentages detained during the chaos until things calmed down.

Again, how many were given a citation even? Convictions of some wrong doing??? None is my guess, but where is that conveniently left out dataset?

Here. If you want to know how a possibly non-racist event could lead to protests over racial discrimination, it might help to to try to get over the idea that there are many people out there looking at this without bias.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/

Science has bad news, though, for anyone who claims to not see race: They're deluding themselves, say several bias experts.

This has to be the most ridiculous thing posted in this thread.

Did those shots hit him? Maybe a few did, but Brown kept coming until the kill shot.

Even if Wilson was just a poor marksman, why did Brown keep moving toward him.

You cannot answer it, but keep pushing your Racism Agenda as always.

Here. If you want to know how a possibly non-racist event could lead to protests over racial discrimination, it might help to to try to get over the idea that there are many people out there looking at this without bias.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/ferguson-racism-or-racial-bias/

And those again are twisted facts to fit an Agenda. I read that propaganda article before. And once again this is an attempt to place the thoughts, opinions, results from SOME of those studied and apply them upon a separate, untested individual in order to push the Racism Agenda.

Back