Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

2017 under contract. Able to franchise 2018. Extension his best bet. Will lower 2017 cap number. Win win

He's loyal to the Lions, but I think he's going to say enough is enough, and get the fuck out of here. 1 year of having a solid defense since he's been here, and didn't add another solid wr until CJ was on his last leg. They never built around him, never got him adequate protection, never supplied him with a consistent running game, and we wonder why the Lions don't succeed. Actually we don't wonder, we just blame it on Stafford. He will succeed elsewhere, just needs to get away from this inept organization.

The problem with that how many QB's just leave? Teams sign them if they're worthy.. or they trade them, which doesn't happen a whole lot. As far as him being better elsewhere, not a chance. Whether you believe he'd good, average or fantastic.

I based this not on the stats, the protection he gets or the players around him. It's based on when he has time, when guys are open etc. he's the same guy, inconsistent. If he over throws a guy here he can over throw someone else elsewhere..

2017 under contract. Able to franchise 2018. Extension his best bet. Will lower 2017 cap number. Win win

the only win win would be for the Lions to dissolve itself as a so called professional football franchise, just close it down already.

His FIRST DECISION he flunked horribly. One of these things is not like the other.

He flunked. His first decision. He flunked. His first decision.

The team is 1-3, bringing back Caldwell was a mistake and this team lacks talent from top to bottom. YOUR words, buddy. That's a shot at the GM.

But keep repeating yourself like a retard though....

I'm repeating myself because you have trouble disseminating two pieces of information. So much so in fact that I tried to actually dumb it down further in the 2nd paragraph but it still went right over your melon.

Of course it is! I think he fudged up big time bringing back Caldwell. But I also CLEARLY STATED "we need time before we can make a final decision." So far, it's been a very meh job and for you to say he's been nothing short of spectacular is you just being a blind homer. Which is fine.

Tbd on if was a good move. Injuries and refs muddle it..damn close to 3 and 1

Lets see how next five games play out

Close to 3-1. Most likely 4-0 if levy and ansah not hurt

Darn. Well maybe they'll be 3-1 or 4-0 in real life wins and not the unicorn ones next season.

Way too early to give up on this season

They could be 3-6 and finish 7-0 and make playoffs. 1-3 is nothing

Easter bunny not caught on game tape. Ref incompetence and incorrect calls were

Last edited:
They're approaching the 60 year mark soon....but hey, at least we'll feel good about those true wins in yet another failed season

Go Lions!

14% of teams since 1990 have made the playoffs after starting 1-3. So there's an 86% chance they won't.

And I would venture a guess that 100 percent of teams who lose to the 0-3 Chicago Bears don't make the playoffs.

I don't think the stat makers factor in the true win stuff.

Last edited:
100 percent chance they make the playoffs with ansah and levy healthy

14% of teams since 1990 have made the playoffs after starting 1-3. So there's an 86% chance they won't.

And I would venture a guess that 100 percent of teams who lose to the 0-3 Chicago Bears don't make the playoffs.

I don't think the stat makers factor in the true win stuff.

But one of those 14% of teams was us in 1995!

Back