Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister Traded, now is retiring from baseball

Do because Robbie Ray got busted up a few starts we throw out his good starts he had and we declare the trade terrible? I agree it wasn't best case scenario for a win now team, but you can't judge a trade the day after or even a half a season... I hope ray doors become something just to shove it all the haters faces

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk

Do because Robbie Ray got busted up a few starts we throw out his good starts he had and we declare the trade terrible? I agree it wasn't best case scenario for a win now team, but you can't judge a trade the day after or even a half a season... I hope ray doors become something just to shove it all the haters faces

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using Tapatalk

Sure you can. Did you think the Miggy trade was a huge win at the start or did you say "we should wait."

Sometimes you just know..

Sure you can. Did you think the Miggy trade was a huge win at the start or did you say "we should wait."

Sometimes you just know..

When Miggy got off to a slow start in 2008, there was some writer, I wanna say Law, who said it was one of the worst trades in history, in part due to the contract extension given to Cabrera.

When Miggy got off to a slow start in 2008, there was some writer, I wanna say Law, who said it was one of the worst trades in history, in part due to the contract extension given to Cabrera.

Law was pretty much an idiot..but at the time I can't believe anyone wasn't completely thrilled when it happened.

The Fister trade festers in my brain, and I hope that DD is reminded of its recklessness every time Fister takes the mound and spins another gem. Fister was traded for guys who are gone, gone, in the minors and on the DL (and a WHIP of 1.5) You might say that's hindsight, but the trade was a disaster from its announcement, not because Fister was traded, but for who the Tigers (didn't) get in return. THAT's the issue here.

Robbie Ray isn't on the DL. He has made 4 starts in June:

4 GS 20 IP 23 H 11 ER 9 BB 17 SO 4.95 ERA 1.60 WHIP 4.1 BB/G

For the season

13 GS 66.3 IP 72 H 26 ER 24 BB 50 SO 3.53 ERA 1.45 WHIP 3.3 BB/G

The concern is the WHIP

Robbie Ray isn't on the DL. He has made 4 starts in June:

4 GS 20 IP 23 H 11 ER 9 BB 17 SO 4.95 ERA 1.60 WHIP 4.1 BB/G

For the season

13 GS 66.3 IP 72 H 26 ER 24 BB 50 SO 3.53 ERA 1.45 WHIP 3.3 BB/G

The concern is the WHIP

Poorly phrased.

"gone," (Lombardozzi) "gone" (Gonzalez) "in the minors" (Ray) "on the DL" (Krol, with the 1.5+ WHIP)

I wish someone had sarcastically asked DD during the rough patch if he wished he still had Fister.

I hated this trade from the second it broke and I will always hate it.

Well, considering most that like this deal feel Ray is the key, I thought I would provide an update. I read somewhere else where some other poster mentioned he was on the DL.

Krol is a LOOGY. He has negligible impact on the team as a whole. DL or not, he doesn't change the team a whole lot.

Lombardozzi/Gonzalez is a joke. First getting him and then trading him to pay another player $1 Mil for 9 games.

Well, considering most that like this deal feel Ray is the key, I thought I would provide an update. I read somewhere else where some other poster mentioned he was on the DL.

Krol is a LOOGY. He has negligible impact on the team as a whole. DL or not, he doesn't change the team a whole lot.

Lombardozzi/Gonzalez is a joke. First getting him and then trading him to pay another player $1 Mil for 9 games.

No one mentioned Ray was on the DL. I mentioned that Krol was on the DL.

Probably because he was, in fact, on the DL earlier this month for a blister

7-day DL. Got it. He missed all of one start. But the post (wish I could not find it) implied he was going to be out longer.

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread is still going, holy shit

We Tigers fans had what was likely the longesr-lived/revived thread in ESPN team messageboard history with the INGE=HOF!!! topic, that would have survived continuously save a few reformats.

INGE=HOF lasted years. I doubt this lasts beyond this year. But who knows for sure on anything.

We Tigers fans had what was likely the longesr-lived/revived thread in ESPN team messageboard history with the INGE=HOF!!! topic, that would have survived continuously save a few reformats.

Tigers Team Notes say hi.

Back