Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Vikings @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

Healthy Ansah good. Zettel good. Ashawn good. Ngata was still good. Hyder solid. Washington solid. Diggs good nickel. Quin good. Wilson run d good, coverage issues. Lawson regressed big time from solid. Killebrew showed good things but lost snaps for some reason. Davis talented rookie but needs coverage work. Whitehead solid. Worrilow bad. Jrm rookie showed flashes. Spence bad. Ledbetter solid rookie. Hyder was solid. The d has talent but having lapses and rookie mistakes

Decker, Lang, Wagner good. Glasgow solid. Swanson bad. But run blocking not coming together

Stafford elite, Tate and jones good, tj jones and golladay solid third and deep threat. Fells blocker but some big drops. Ebron good but slow start. Was making plays.

Riddick good receiver. Abdullah what the hell happened was good in 2015 and 2016. Washington and Zenner bad

Lots of talent but still need to execute. So damn close to falcons, steelers, Vikings at home . Play or two either our way needed. 9-2 to 6-5 can happen in tough nfl

By the time the defense is good Slay will be too old or gone.

Dline could be fixed this off season, need to replace Whitrhead this year too. Hopefully Tabor takes a giant leap next year, Lawson is just not starter quality.

Healthy Ansah good. Zettel good. Ashawn good. Ngata was still good. Hyder solid. Washington solid. Diggs good nickel. Quin good. Wilson run d good, coverage issues. Lawson regressed big time from solid. Killebrew showed good things but lost snaps for some reason. Davis talented rookie but needs coverage work. Whitehead solid. Worrilow bad. Jrm rookie showed flashes. Spence bad. Ledbetter solid rookie. Hyder was solid. The d has talent but having lapses and rookie mistakes

Decker, Lang, Wagner good. Glasgow solid. Swanson bad. But run blocking not coming together

Stafford elite, Tate and jones good, tj jones and golladay solid third and deep threat. Fells blocker but some big drops. Ebron good but slow start. Was making plays.

Riddick good receiver. Abdullah what the hell happened was good in 2015 and 2016. Washington and Zenner bad

Lots of talent but still need to execute. So damn close to falcons, steelers, Vikings at home . Play or two either our way needed. 9-2 to 6-5 can happen in tough nfl

Scrubs on the dline, Ansah included. If they don't let him walk I'll be irrate. Don't care if he has 8 sacks in the final 5 games, he needs to bounce. Draft to replace everybody on the dline. Green qbs have way too much success against this d, because our dline is trash and non existent most games. If youre content with anybody on the dline, you have issues.

By that logic anyone who did anything remotely positive for a play produced.

No, all i'm saying, for how bad Stafford played, he wasn't total garbage..lol. Ya, he missed some throws. Two of them really stick out to me. Another drop in the EZ by Fells though. That ball was thrown where ONLY Fells "should" have caught it. But ya, Stafford gets part of the blame but his weapons and defense failed once again....

K, 1 player. Who else? Quin is getting old. This defense is complete trash

I agree they're trash. You build around guys like Davis and Zettel too. Two really young guys and Slay is still young too.
They need another stud DE, CB and RB. Throw in another LB as well. A lot of work to do on that D. When you got players like Kizer, Trubisky and Keenum making you look silly, ya it's time to address the problem.

No but somehow I think he's after at the earliest. Doesn't he have an opt out?

We're deep enough into the season to know what this team is... average with an opportunity to win each game if Stafford had a great game. Every win is the same... Stafford plays well and the defense causes timely turnovers. Every loss is the same... Stafford leaves to many plays on the field and the defense loses the turnover battle. It's very black and white... one happens or the other. Other teams have the luxury of being picked up by other parts of the team... we don't. Which means we lack playmakers. I'd pick all defense in the upcoming draft... you aren't fixing this run game... just stop trying. Help Stafford by getting a complimentary defense.

Last edited:
We're deep enough into the season to know what this team is... average with an opportunity to win each game if Stafford had a great game. Every win is the same... Stafford plays well and the defense causes timely turnovers. Every loss is the same... Stafford leaves to many plays on the field and the defense loses the turnover battle. It's very black and white... one happens or the other. Other teams have the luxury of being picked up by other parts of the team... we don't. Which means we lack playmakers. I'd pick all defense in the upcoming draft... you aren't fixing this run game... just stop trying. Help Stafford by getting a complimentary defense.

If we picked up a pounder of a rb in fa, I'd have no problem with all 7 of our pick go to the d

Last edited:

You can't stop trying to fix the run game. There's no way we can go into 2018 with AA or Riddick as our lead backs. We just can't!!!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/running-back/

Leveon Bell gets a franchise again I'm sure. Or a long term deal with the Steelers. He would be a tremendous get if the Steelers play hard ball on his deal and don't want to franchise twice

Carlos Hyde is next best

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/running-back/

Blount 30, Gore 34, Lacy fat, Crowell Browns. Jeremy Hill, Rex Burkhead, Terrence West, Jerrick McKinnon. No real young bell cows. Crowell and Hill at right price maybe. Vereen, Dion Lewis and McKinnon are receiving backs.

Last edited:
the Lions don't need to go after a free agent...they need to draft a good one. There will be 5-10 backs coming out of college that are better than Abdulah and Riddick...they just need to identify those guys and draft one

the Lions don't need to go after a free agent...they need to draft a good one. There will be 5-10 backs coming out of college that are better than Abdulah and Riddick...they just need to identify those guys and draft one

Bell and Hyde are pretty beastly though

Bell and Hyde are pretty beastly though

Bell is a stud but I doubt he leaves the Steelers. Hyde is better than any RB on the Lions roster. He would fit in nicely...he's big and can catch. He isn't very explosive though.

I guess if the Lions think he is the missing piece of the offense it would make sense to sign him. At least he is a known. There will be better backs that will be drafted next year, but identifying them is not easy.

Bell is a stud but I doubt he leaves the Steelers. Hyde is better than any RB on the Lions roster. He would fit in nicely...he's big and can catch. He isn't very explosive though.

I guess if the Lions think he is the missing piece of the offense it would make sense to sign him. At least he is a known. There will be better backs that will be drafted next year, but identifying them is not easy.

Bell was franchised once already and they had a big disagreement on price. We shall see

Hyde would be nice

Anyone else would have to be on the cheaper side but I'd rather go with draft for that. Depends on free agency for Dline too

CB2 is Tabor or Lawson back cheap
SS Killebrew needs to step up with Wilson a FA but need depth. Wilson could be brought back cheap
Swanson a FA so one spot to fill either C or LG if Glasgow slides over. Depends on Dahl at LG but he was hurt
Whitehead a FA should bring back. Having a good year

And will add to Dline talent plus need to see price tag on Ansah and how he finishes with all these injuries

I think there’s room for improvement at RB, but I also think their issues run much deeper than talent at the position. The slight bump in production probably wouldn’t be worth the cost (in the current scheme/system).

I think there?s room for improvement at RB, but I also think their issues run much deeper than talent at the position. The slight bump in production probably wouldn?t be worth the cost (in the current scheme/system).

Abdullah was getting good Yards after contact and is 7th in league for 20+ yard runs.

The issue is run blocking/Oline injuries then lack of power back because Abdullah can't do it all himself in both making guys miss and getting a ton of carries

Even with Abdullah back they still need a power back. Decker, Glasgow, Lang and Wagner just need to grow together and run block better. They are learning the zone scheme on the fly with injuries. Fells and Ebron too. Play calling is limited due to blocking issues/injuries. Plus passing is a strength so they run less.

"Even with Abdullah" - This guy should be gone.

I still don't don't think Detroit is a battleground for incoming talent. No way Bell stiffs Pittsburgh and decides to come here. Detroit usually gets the 'not quite established and may never be' free agent or the 'he might be on his last legs free agent'.

Back