Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Seahawks @ Lions Thread

So many starters out. It was stupid that this franchise thought they could count on Decker and Vaitai . They both are never healthy. Please draft more linemen.

11 starters now hurt. That is crazy
Jameson (hamstring and gambling)
Vaitai (knee)
Moseley (knee but known coming in, but then he hurt hamstring to delay come back)
Houston (broken ankle). Plus Julian Okwara IR to start season
Decker (ankle)
CGJ (torn pec)
Reynolds (groin)
Joseph (hip)
Montgomery (thigh)
St Brown (turf toe) Could play
Josh Paschal IR

I don't think I have ever seen that many. And we can still beat Atlanta
Jacobs(but not last week), Walker, Gibbs, Sewell to LT and Nelson at RT, Raymond, Glasgow, Cominsky, Romeo Okwara is actually really good depth

St Brown and Joseph on top of the other ones would be too much though but they have a chance to play.

Last edited:
I?m so over Decker and Vaitai. Neither can stay healthy.

Decker has played 15+ games in 4 of the last 5 years. All 17 last year.

Not sure what you're talking about with him.

Vaitai is true. That guy cant stay on the field.

The injuries are mounting and in all the wrong areas. The depth we have needs to step in and step up or this will be a very disappointing year.

Decker has played 15+ games in 4 of the last 5 years. All 17 last year.

Not sure what you're talking about with him.

Vaitai is true. That guy cant stay on the field.

The injuries are mounting and in all the wrong areas. The depth we have needs to step in and step up or this will be a very disappointing year.

Good I stand corrected on Decker as we need him badly . He always seems to be on the injury report along with Ragnow. Seems like I always hear their names. (Probably to much radio lol) I should have looked it up first . That he he can play through injuries is a credit to him. I?d draft a linemen some where in the draft every year or every other year. Look Vaitai is great when he is on the field.
He never is. We need Penny back in his old spot soon.

Last edited:
St Brown does indeed have turf toe. We'll see if they push him through it but maybe not with a short week at Green Bay next Sunday. On top of that, Josh Reynolds has a groin injury. Green cleared concussion protocol at least. WR is in rough shape though

Marvin, Green and Raymond could be the starters with PS backups. Woof. Lots of La Porta and Gibbs receiving I guess too.

Wasn't happy with Craig Reynolds on Sunday for Montgomery. They signed Zonovan Knight and I like what he did with Jets last year. Give him a shot.

We have Glasgow so not worried about Vaitai

I thought Decker would be back (since doubtful not out designation) but Campbell wasn't optimistic quite yet. LT Sewell/RT Nelson combo actually did fine. Nelson has some experience now but you would rather not see him on the field clearly.

CGJ and Houston IR but both could be back this year. Shocked they think CGJ could return late. Houston will be 6-8 weeks. Julian Okwara should be back Week 5 or 6 though hopefully to be the SAM until Houston is back. Double SAM injury. But Walker is like the best depth you could have behind CGJ now that Branch stepped up. I think all offseason we thought Walker would be the starter and CGJ in the slot. And then Branch played so well that Walker lost his spot.

Last edited:
We are so thin at wide receiver. Is Kennedy around anymore :(

Just kidding but do we have anyone on the practice squad that could help us? It?s only been 2 freaking game and the Williams suspension is really pissing me off. I am beginning to think that draft pick killed us. He better deliver when he comes back Back to back smartest man in the room picks Gibbs and Williams netter not backfire. Hopefully the both hav e long years of Lions TD?s. Man we are thin in spots.

Just kidding but do we have anyone on the practice squad that could help us? It?s only been 2 freaking game and the Williams suspension is really pissing me off. I am beginning to think that draft pick killed us. He better deliver when he comes back Back to back smartest man in the room picks Gibbs and Williams netter not backfire. Hopefully the both hav e long years of Lions TD?s. Man we are thin in spots.

The Lions took two of the least valuable positions in the first round last year (RB & MLB). They are pretty thin at some of the most valuable positions (pass rushing end, WR, CB). Even if Gibbs and Campbell end up being good players, they aren't at positions of need and/or positions where they are considered to be difference makers.

The Lions took two of the least valuable positions in the first round last year (RB & MLB). They are pretty thin at some of the most valuable positions (pass rushing end, WR, CB). Even if Gibbs and Campbell end up being good players, they aren't at positions of need and/or positions where they are considered to be difference makers.

Lions are deep at end. They have Romeo Okwara and Cominsky (who needs to step up) and starters Hutchinson and Charles Harris (who needs to step up). This is after 3 guys got hurt in Paschal, Houston and Julian Okwara.

CB needs Moseley healthy and he had a setback with a hamstring injury not his knee. Wasn't IRed and then had the hamstring which made him miss 2 games, probably 3 this Sunday. Doubt he plays short week at Green Bay too. Dorsey also got hurt and is on IR hurting CB depth (KR depth). I wonder how Gilmore would play if called upon. Unknown there. Same with Dorsey really. Unknown.

The depth is already playing in Jerry Jacobs and now Walker at safety (both are great depth). When Moseley healthy they are deep with Jacobs and Will Harris at nickel. Safety lost one guy, maybe 2 if Kerby Joseph doesn't play (hip). Thin at safety with just Ife and Walker now with CGJ hurt but I guess Branch or Harris could play safety and the other is at nickel if needed.

Last edited:

Kennedy got hurt and was waived injury. Everybody hurt. St Brown, Reynolds, Jameson (hurt and suspended). Marvin Jones is the depth playing and Kalif is depth playing. Kalif doing well but Marvin is old now and not separating even more than before here. St Brown and Reynolds are both limited but should try to play Sunday. Green cleared concussion protocol too. Plus La Porta and Gibbs are good pass catches. Goff should still have enough weapons. We face Okudah this week. Better torch him. Terrell will blanket whoever he covers though (probably Reynolds).

Lions are deep at end. They have Romeo Okwara and Cominsky (who needs to step up) and starters Hutchinson and Charles Harris (who needs to step up). This is after 3 guys got hurt in Paschal, Houston and Julian Okwara.

CB needs Moseley healthy and he had a setback with a hamstring injury not his knee. Wasn't IRed and then had the hamstring which made him miss 2 games, probably 3 this Sunday. Doubt he plays short week at Green Bay too. Dorsey also got hurt and is on IR hurting CB depth (KR depth). I wonder how Gilmore would play if called upon. Unknown there. Same with Dorsey really. Unknown.

The depth is already playing in Jerry Jacobs and now Walker at safety (both are great depth). When Moseley healthy they are deep with Jacobs and Will Harris at nickel. Safety lost one guy, maybe 2 if Kerby Joseph doesn't play (hip). Thin at safety with just Ife and Walker now with CGJ hurt but I guess Branch or Harris could play safety and the other is at nickel if needed.

thin maybe the wrong term. They need to get better DL and upgrade at CB. Maybe a stud DE or DT, a high end WR, or stud CB instead of drafting a RB and ILB. IMO those were wasted first round picks because of the positions they play.

I could be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

thin maybe the wrong term. They need to get better DL and upgrade at CB. Maybe a stud DE or DT, a high end WR, or stud CB instead of drafting a RB and ILB. IMO those were wasted first round picks because of the positions they play.

I could be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

They added Sutton and Moseley and added Branch. They added plenty of CBs. Jacobs was solid last year but got abused by Seattle.

Agree the defensive line needed to step up. Cominsky, Harris, McNeil, Romeo Okwara all have the talent to play much much better. They didn't the first two weeks (other than run D was fine)

Falcons won't throw very much which is good news but Lions better bring their A game in run defense. Ridder has some weapons though but the Lions need to get to him before he gets it to Pitts, London or Bijan.

Back