Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Falcons @ Lions Thread

The Tate play wasn't iffy though. You could clearly see he was down. Dez there was 8 people around and couldn't see the ball.

Remember though, refs screw teams over like the cowboys to appease the large market teams like Green Bay!

I still don't think he knee was down and I'm definitely no slappy. Mike Valenti is the biggest Lion hater on the planet and he thinks Tate scored and the Lions got jobbed..

Lmao. Just happened in the Monday nighter. Dez TD and it was iffy at best. TD on the field. Guess what? Not overturned.

Yup. The NFL is a joke. Tate's td would never be overturned in the NFL' s made cities. Not a freaking chance.

Last edited:
Yup. The NFL is a joke. Tate's td would never be overturned in the NFL' s made cities. Not a freaking chance.

Do you complain this much when Michigan gets various calls because they are a made college program. Or do you think Michigan gets screwed too?

The Tate play wasn't iffy though. You could clearly see he was down. Dez there was 8 people around and couldn't see the ball.

Remember though, refs screw teams over like the cowboys to appease the large market teams like Green Bay!

Ya. The Tate TD was iffy. It was close. You just said it yourself. "Couldn't see the ball". Guess wtf that means? NO TD!!! LOL!

Trying to make a point and the point was clearly made. Call on the field stands. Especially if you're the Cowboys. That call never gets overturned unless you're a Lion lol. Bs

I still don't think he knee was down and I'm definitely no slappy. Mike Valenti is the biggest Lion hater on the planet and he thinks Tate scored and the Lions got jobbed..

I heard that too. Couldn't tell if MV was trolling us or not at first though. After listening to him longer, he was full blown backing up the Lions.

Ya. The Tate TD was iffy. It was close. You just said it yourself. "Couldn't see the ball". Guess wtf that means? NO TD!!! LOL!

Trying to make a point and the point was clearly made. Call on the field stands. Especially if you're the Cowboys. That call never gets overturned unless you're a Lion lol. Bs

Okay. With Tate's you could see the ball with knee down. That's why it was over turned.

Cowboys game call was a TD. What could you see to overturn it. Nothing. That's why it stood.

The only people that think Tate wasn't down are slaps and a blogger or two.

Caldwell, Stafford and everyone else thought Tate didn't make the endzone. I get pretending to act like some bad call went against us makes you feel better. So if that's what you need, enjoy. Playing victim is fun for some.

Sorry Brewer, I'm normally with you. Not on this one.

The call was made TD. 99/100 times during the regular course of the game, that call stands. There's just absolutely not enough to make that change. I've watched the replay 800,000 times. I did not see anything conclusive to reverse.

They aren't reversing that call if that's the Packers or Patriots, sorry. And for Caldwell not to get up there and dish it out, is pretty bad.

Right after the score when I saw the replay it totally looked like he was down and I told my Pops we were about to get screwed.. Now that I've seen it 20,000 times I feel his knee wasn't on the ground before lunging and breaking the plane. It's pretty simultaneous but you can still see grass between his knee and ground before he lunged and broke the plane but either way I don't get how the hell they overturned it with "indisputable" evidence, and like many other have said, that would never happen to the Pats/Cowboys of the world.

Okay. With Tate's you could see the ball with knee down. That's why it was over turned.

Cowboys game call was a TD. What could you see to overturn it. Nothing. That's why it stood.

The only people that think Tate wasn't down are slaps and a blogger or two.

Caldwell, Stafford and everyone else thought Tate didn't make the endzone. I get pretending to act like some bad call went against us makes you feel better. So if that's what you need, enjoy. Playing victim is fun for some.

Not playing the victim, you fkn idiot.

And if you CAN'T SEE the ball cross the goaline then it's NO TD. Learn the fkn rules. You don't see Dez with the ball over the goaline. The Tate call was so close with his knee down that the call should have stood up. That's the fkn point, smartass. Me personally, I thought it was so close. There's pics of Tate with his knee hovering over the carpet and nobody touching him, then he bounces in the endzone. Call should have stood because it was too close. Know what that's called, genius? Inconclusive evidence! Lions TD. Now, i'm not mad at the refs because i actually thought it was a tough call to make but it being so tough it dhould have been a score. And the whole point is that teams like Dallas, NE, GB..yadayadayada...that score stands. Hard for you to understand? For sure it is lol.
Valenti crushes the Lions daily and he was baffled that it wasn't a TD becsuse he seen no evidence Tate was down. He's hardly a slappy or a blogger. Bad call against a historically bad team. Does not justify the call whatsoever.

Sorry Brewer, I'm normally with you. Not on this one.

The call was made TD. 99/100 times during the regular course of the game, that call stands. There's just absolutely not enough to make that change. I've watched the replay 800,000 times. I did not see anything conclusive to reverse.

They aren't reversing that call if that's the Packers or Patriots, sorry. And for Caldwell not to get up there and dish it out, is pretty bad.

Caldwell and Stafford are like robots when it comes down to this shit. It's the only thing I can't stand about #9

Caldwell and Stafford are like robots when it comes down to this shit. It's the only thing I can't stand about #9

Agreed, at some point you gotta speak what's on your mind. It makes them look like pushovers IMO.

The still photos you see clearly look like a knee down. I hate skip bayless but this video shows the replay about 45 times and the way Tate pushes off to extend makes it nearly impossible for his knee to actually be down. I'm starting to side with the inconclusive camp.

https://youtu.be/LfZ8Z0fZtXs

The still photos you see clearly look like a knee down. I hate skip bayless but this video shows the replay about 45 times and the way Tate pushes off to extend makes it nearly impossible for his knee to actually be down. I'm starting to side with the inconclusive camp.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/09/lions_hosed_by_rulebook_but_no.html#incart_2box_lions look at the picture in this article and tell me its CLEAR 100% he is down.... Inconclusive at best should have stood.

Last edited:

And you're the anti-slappy lol. I have watched that video over 100? (no joke) and it's too close a call to make. TD dhould have stood....

Had that last-seconds play been made by the Falcons in their new football facilty, I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever, that it would not have been overturned upon review. Of all of the teams in the NFL's preferred pecking order, the NFC Lions and AFC Browns are @ the very bottom.

But it shouldn't have come down to making that play, Golladay was more open in the EZ, and the Lions could have tried one run play to punch it in, had the very green and recent waiver-wire pickup Zac Kerin not been in during such a crucial set of downs. That hold call hurt, then a subsequent OPI flag on Jones moved the Lions from 1st and 10 on Falcons 18, with 1:10 on the clock, to 1st and 30 on their 38 with :57 left. Lions were lucky that the INT was negated by def holding on Trufant, or the game was over right then and there.

Time to move on post game 3. If the Lions really are going to be one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, there are plenty of games yet remaining for them to prove it.

Watched a vid of Bryant's TD, all of the group of surrounding Cards defenders' feet were in front of the goal line, there was little if any pushback, and in fact a few had piled on seconds later from behind, trying to pull Dez back, instead of push (so dumb!!) ...so how could he have broken the plane?

Last edited:
Do you complain this much when Michigan gets various calls because they are a made college program. Or do you think Michigan gets screwed too?

Did you see the Ohio st game last year at Columbus when jt was stopped 6 inches short and the buckeyes who average 6 flags a year only had 2. Yes I am a tad Salty still about that game being ripped from us, and I wasn't the only one that said these officals in that game had a agenda. Does Michigan get more calls then Purdue ? Yeah I bet we do. But college isn't as bad as the NFL unless your Norte Dame and you know have God on your side.

So whats your Point , and why am I not allowed to have a opinion on what happened. I've seen the lions get screwed, and be shitty since 1969 when I started paying attention to them . The Lions margin for error in winning games is very small so when I see a victory ripped from us, and yes this game was ripped from us I get pissed.

Last edited:
Back