Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 56 Tigers vs. White Sox June 4, 2017

The bull pen is not that bad. It's the dumb dumb pulling the strings that's the problem.

I dont care what this pen had done latly. ..to many blown wins.
Give me a clap gif for how the pen has been the last month.
Yippee.. bette llate then never i guess.

tt's about freaking time.

Now hit a dinger.

Last edited:
I dont care what this pen had done latly. ..to many blown wins.
Give me a clap gif for how the pen has been the last month.
Yippee.. bette llate then never i guess.

tt's about freaking time.

Now hit a dinger.

Yea they will be fence swingers now!

That bat flip might get someone plunked next time we play Chicago. Oh well!!!

.500 again, 4 straight new season high consecutive thus far, keep it going need about 10 more straight would be good

Last edited:
NOTABLE:
Tigers outfielder JaCoby Jones went 0-for-2 on Sunday and is now 1-for-11 with seven strikeouts in his second stint with the Tigers. He's a candidate to be optioned back to Triple-A Toledo when Ian Kinsler comes off the disabled list on Tuesday.

Miguel Cabrera nearly got his manager ejected by the same umpire for the second day in a row.
Cabrera was angry after being called out on strikes in the fourth inning. The third strike did appear low, and Cabrera shouted as he walked back to the dugout.

More dugout chirping apparently attracted the attention of home plate umpire Fieldin Culbreth, who glared in, prompting manager Brad Ausmus to yell back. Nothing more occurred.
Culbreth ejected Ausmus on Saturday over an instant replay dispute.

Cabrera walked in the fifth inning. The fourth ball was very borderline and could have easily been called a strike. Cabrera appeared to nod to Culbreth as he took his free base.

Verlander threw 72 pitches, or 12 per out recorded, on Sunday. The White Sox fouled off 20 pitches in the first two innings, contributing to his inflated pitch count.

On a day when Justin Verlander lasted two innings and two batters – the fourth shortest start of his career;
on a day when the Tigers rallied to take a 4-2 lead in the sixth, only to give it back in the top of the eighth,
John Hicks, after an epic nine-pitch battle – he fouled off four pitches with the count 2-2 – lined a double to the gap in left center to tie it.

Justin Upton smacked a three-run, walk-off home run, sending the Tigers to a sweep of the White Sox, 7-4.

It was the team's first walk-off win of the season and a heck of a rescue project for the Tigers.

It was the Tigers’ fourth straight win and they return to .500 (28-28) for the first time since May 19.
After struggling to score runs on the 11-game road trip, the Tigers scored 32 runs in the three wins over the White Sox.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/white-s...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490945
Boxscore.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers Win over the white sox.

Roars:
Warwick Saupold: Saved the Tigers’ bacon with four shutout innings of relief.

J.D. Martinez: Dinger, double. Somebody call the fire department, the man’s on fire.

Justin Upton: Walk-off home runs get an automatic roar in my book, friends.

Hisses:
(given the day off due to the sweep).

Stats and things:
This was Verlander’s shortest start since August 11, 2014 in Pittsburgh.

On the flipside, this was Saupold’s longest outing in the bigs; his previous high was 3 1⁄3 innings in Tampa on April 20, 2017.

Iglesias cooled off a bit with an 0-for-3 day; he was 17-for-38 heading into the game.

Last edited:

original.gif

Four in a row and back to .500.. man it would be nice to see a double digit win streak becaue the fans for detroit deserve it.!!!!

Back