Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gibbons kicked off team

Aside from the whole Rich Rod thing, give me Bill over DB any day. And most of the Rich Rod circus existed only because of the media, message boards, and bloggers. He didn't handle that (see: eliminate it) so well but in some sense he doesn't have to -- just needed to diffuse the rumors.

yeah, those rumors going around were pretty crazy. that rumor of the 3-9 record was just nutty. So was the one about NCAA sanctions. or the ones about having a consistently terrible defense, and a terrible record in the conference. All BM had to do was step up and declare them to be false and all would've been well.

I meant the coaching search itself, obviously. No matter how you slice it, Rich Rod was a total failure and hiring him is almost entirely on BM. Hiring Beilein was a better coaching move than any other we've made this century though.

I meant the coaching search itself, obviously. No matter how you slice it, Rich Rod was a total failure and hiring him is almost entirely on BM. Hiring Beilein was a better coaching move than any other we've made this century though.

Oh, yeah, obviously...

In light of how the RichRod coaching search went, I think BM deserves little credit for hiring JB.

it appeared to be a "broken clock is right twice a day" situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really an aside and not related to the core questions we'd like answered, but this guy does raise a good one. He sounds a little bit into conspiracy theory and misses the boat entirely claiming that this is the question we should really be asking, but it's still a good question.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/02/05/heres-another-question-concerning-brendan-gibbons-blog/

The expulsion of a student involves two parties: the student and the school. We know that Gibbons didn’t send the document to the Michigan Daily. He would want this issue to stay hidden, for obvious reasons. The only other party who would be privy to the expulsion documents would be the school.
The Daily also obtained an additional document, specifically showing that Gibbons himself was found responsible for his conduct on or before Nov. 23rd. How did the Daily get these TWO specific documents detailing a student’s enrollment? Who would have given it to them?
Would the victim get a copy if she did not cooperate? Or maybe a university employee involved with the process did it anonymously. The original article only says "The Michigan Daily did not obtain these documents from the University."

Last edited:
Back