Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries only matter if it's another team, right?

Alex Smith is sacked at a higher rate than Stafford. He's putting together a decent season.

Yes Stafford has been under pressure. However what separates good from great & Elite. Is how they play when things are not ideal. I get Stafford will never be a elite QB. He is not a top tier QB, very few are. I'm okay with that.

What I'm not okay with is his performance when he's not pressured. You can't be overthrowing balls, or missing wide open people when you have time and no pressure. Those are the plays you need to make just to be average.

Seems like people are excusing his poor play when not pressured due to being "shell shocked" from the pressure he's faced in the last few games. That is not an excuse, if you are scared to be out there, don't be out there. (for the record I don't think Stafford would use this as an excuse for his poor play, just his fanboys do).

Alex Smith is sacked at a higher rate than Stafford. He's putting together a decent season.

Yes Stafford has been under pressure. However what separates good from great & Elite. Is how they play when things are not ideal. I get Stafford will never be a elite QB. He is not a top tier QB, very few are. I'm okay with that.

What I'm not okay with is his performance when he's not pressured. You can't be overthrowing balls, or missing wide open people when you have time and no pressure. Those are the plays you need to make just to be average.

Seems like people are excusing his poor play when not pressured due to being "shell shocked" from the pressure he's faced in the last few games. That is not an excuse, if you are scared to be out there, don't be out there. (for the record I don't think Stafford would use this as an excuse for his poor play, just his fanboys do).

Be careful when talking about Mr Hold the ball to long in the endzone on the Lions first series that oh BTW made the Lions have to play catch up like we always seem to have to do. Plain and simple if Matt played even 25% better last Sunday we win. Matt has to play better . Blaming losses on injuries is a cop out . Yeah we are banged up. So what . So are other teams.

Be careful when talking about Mr Hold the ball to long in the endzone on the Lions first series that oh BTW made the Lions have to play catch up like we always seem to have to do. Plain and simple if Matt played even 25% better last Sunday we win. Matt has to play better . Blaming losses on injuries is a cop out . Yeah we are banged up. So what . So are other teams.

The Saints were pretty healthy and got some crazy fluke plays in their favor

Like overthrowing Marvin Jones on the 15 yd corner route with a completely clean pocket...still missed him by like 5 yards. Probably was a touchdown with a good throw.

Other teams are for sure but not like Stafford. Watching GMFB and the topic was "Best QB in the NFC?". When talking about Stafford they constantly rrminded the audience that he's beat the fuck up. Not one other mention of injuries about Wentz, Brees or any other QB in the NFC. just sayin..

Lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhget9ggFg

Pretty sure they blitzed on this touchdown pass but you'll all prolly say it was a great catch, which it was but still..... Feel like he would beat the defender easily had the guy not held on to his jersey for dear life....

OoOoooooh tossing up a 50/50 ball vs man defense.....way to just destroy that blitz stafford!

Wait...are you trying to say it was a better pass than catch? Thats just foolish.

I love how all the announcers and experts are praising stafford for his mobility this year. LKPs excuse for sucking the last 3 games...limited mobility lmao.

Fucking moron...

I love how all the announcers and experts are praising stafford for his mobility this year. LKPs excuse for sucking the last 3 games...limited mobility lmao.

Fucking moron...

He's hurt you fucking retard. Ankle and thigh. And now ribs

He's hurt you fucking retard. Ankle and thigh. And now ribs

yup...lkp strikes again. Bruised quad! Stafford obviously cant play anymore...time for Ruddock! I have a feeling we'll hear about his bruised quad as a reason for sucking the rest of the year. Awesome.

yup...lkp strikes again. Bruised quad! Stafford obviously cant play anymore...time for Ruddock! I have a feeling we'll hear about his bruised quad as a reason for sucking the rest of the year. Awesome.

Quad and a high ankle sprain. Did you not notice them in shotgun the whole fucking game. My goodness you are the most oblivious idiot I've ever come across

Quad and a high ankle sprain. Did you not notice them in shotgun the whole fucking game. My goodness you are the most oblivious idiot I've ever come across

yup..looked exactly like all the rest of the games this year and last year. Keep on trolling away LKP. LMAO...now youre trying to explain to us that were really an under the center system but were forced to run this shitty pistol offense because staffords bruised thigh. LMAO youre fucking retarded.

yup..looked exactly like all the rest of the games this year and last year. Keep on trolling away LKP. LMAO...now youre trying to explain to us that were really an under the center system but were forced to run this shitty pistol offense because staffords bruised thigh. LMAO youre fucking retarded.

Ankle injury. You are a complete moron.

Ankle injury. You are a complete moron.

Packers have given up the same number of sacks.

Rodgers Stats:
Regular Season

Staffords Stats:
Regular Season

Both shitty olines, both shitty run games. Fuck off LKP!...stafford isnt playing well. Staffor is 16th in QB rating behind the likes of fucking tyrod taylor, jared goff, case keenum and the 1-win giants Eli Manning. yippie....hes playing like a scrub.

I say we all come to agreement on a set of rules with Stafford. Let me start with mine:

-Stafford is a very good QB. He's not great, he's very good. His general overall rating in his career bears that out, and there's definitely a large enough sample size to say that is who he is. I think you can win playoff games with him, but I don't think he's good enough to win you a SB.

-He definitely has not had a ton of help through his career. He's had help, but it's been disjoined and never all together at once.

-I think his ability to truly make players around him "better" is lacking. He's not the type of guy that can be given random receivers and lift their game up.

-He calls a pretty good game. Seems to have a good understanding of what to switch into at the line.

Last edited:

Dude, you're acting like a full blown retard. The Lions don't want to put him under center because he's hurt. The panel on GMFB were all over it today. He's playing hurt.

Calvin, Tate, Marvin all had their best years with Stafford. Got a lot out of Burleson before his 2012/2013 injuries and even Pettigrew 2010 and 2011 (before he was slowed by injuries and phased out). Titus Young 600 and 6 Tds as a rookie but then went fucking crazy. Broyles always hurt in 2012, 2013.

Golladay good start but then got hurt. Derrick Williams was 2009 rookie year in Millen mess and cut after 2010 (Stafford missed most of 2010). Riddick looks good receiving and isn't a high talent (late round pick). Ebron better in 2015 and good in 2016. Regressed this year. Scheffller nice 2011.

Sorry he didn't make more out of Kris Durham and TJ Jones. Some guys just suck. The Pats have guys that suck. Edelman and Welker are good players. Moss was a great player. Gronk most years and Bennett last year. Pats also have D, run game and protection. Maybe that is why Brady can use any receiver, he has everything else.

Stafford was busy having long fields in 2011-2016, running for his life for the most part since 2014, first half 2015, some 2016 and a lot the last 3 in 2017 and having no run game most years (least rush yard support of any QB in the last 6 seasons)

Last edited:
Dude, you're acting like a full blown retard. The Lions don't want to put him under center because he's hurt. The panel on GMFB were all over it today. He's playing hurt.

Hes never under center...what the fuck world do you live in? He might go under center like 10 snaps a game to hand the fucking ball off. Thats the excuse youre trying to use as to why we were down 45-10? What the fuck is wrong with the 2 of you?

Calvin, Tate, Marvin all had their best years with Stafford. Got a lot out of Burleson before his 2012/2013 injuries and even Pettigrew 2010 and 2011 (before he was slowed by injuries and phased out). Titus Young 600 and 6 Tds as a rookie but then went fucking crazy. Broyles always hurt in 2012, 2013.

Golladay good start but then got hurt. Derrick Williams was 2009 rookie year in Millen mess and cut after 2010 (Stafford missed most of 2010). Riddick looks good receiving and isn't a high talent (late round pick). Ebron better in 2015 and good in 2016. Regressed this year. Scheffller nice 2011.

Sorry he didn't make more out of Kris Durham and TJ Jones. Some guys just suck. The Pats have guys that suck. Edelman and Welker are good players. Moss was a great player. Gronk most years and Bennett last year. Pats also have D, run game and protection. Maybe that is why Brady can use any receiver, he has everything else.

Stafford was busy having long fields in 2011-2016, running for his life for the most part since 2014, first half 2015, some 2016 and a lot the last 3 in 2017 and having no run game most years (least rush yard support of any QB in the last 6 seasons)

annnnd were back to "need moar weapons". LMAO...this is fucking hillarious. I could have swore you wrote a thread this offseason about how fucking stacked we are at every position with depth everywhere? All of a sudden Tate and Marvin Jones isnt good enough....what about your boy Ebron? Riddick and Abdullah? Need MORE WEAPONS for stafford to be good...ok, got it.

So folks, LKP has now admitted in a single thread that our oline isnt good, our run game isnt good, our defense isnt as good as the elite teams, and now our weapons suck on offense. FINALLY LKP...youre starting to see the light. good job.

Back