Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries only matter if it's another team, right?

I say we all come to agreement on a set of rules with Stafford. Let me start with mine:

-Stafford is a very good QB. He's not great, he's very good. His general overall rating in his career bears that out, and there's definitely a large enough sample size to say that is who he is. I think you can win playoff games with him, but I don't think he's good enough to win you a SB.

-He definitely has not had a ton of help through his career. He's had help, but it's been disjoined and never all together at once.

-I think his ability to truly make players around him "better" is lacking. He's not the type of guy that can be given random receivers and lift their game up.

-He calls a pretty good game. Seems to have a good understanding of what to switch into at the line.

Hes good...but misses alot of easy throws that other qbs make to keep drives going.

Hes had below average olines for the most part. But...He didnt have a good year with good protection. He didnt have a good year with a solid run game. He didnt hae a good year with a top 2 defense. He didnt have a good year with Calvin and Tate on the team. So when will he....he needs all of those during the same year to be successful?....ok....then you might as well start fucking Brad Kaaya lol.

True

I think he calls a horrible game. We run on obvious down in obvious run formations which puts us behind the ball and forces us to pass on obvious passing downs. Then we complain when pass protection breaks down. Thats on stafford just as much as it is Cooter. Why the fuck do we continue to run vs a 8 man box and throw vs a 6 man box? Its simple football that we continuously fail at.

Last edited:
Hes never under center...what the fuck world do you live in? He might go under center like 10 snaps a game to hand the fucking ball off. Thats the excuse youre trying to use as to why we were down 45-10? What the fuck is wrong with the 2 of you?

Nothing's wrong with me. We got our asses kicked plain and simple but it's funny hearing about Stafford under center today because it was talked about on the NFLN. This team is so one dimensional that nobody is afraid of our running game at all. Add in that #9 is hurt and Cooter won't put him under center. Teams know this.

Nothing's wrong with me. We got our asses kicked plain and simple but it's funny hearing about Stafford under center today because it was talked about on the NFLN. This team is so one dimensional that nobody is afraid of our running game at all. Add in that #9 is hurt and Cooter won't put him under center. Teams know this.

Oh so nooooww NFLN are the experts. Ive heard on NFLN that stafford is a top 22 qb and didnt deserve all that money. So i guess we know the facts now cause NFLN said so.

All we can hope is Mr Half Season can put together a good second half in the now arguably easiest division in football.

annnnd were back to "need moar weapons". LMAO...this is fucking hillarious. I could have swore you wrote a thread this offseason about how fucking stacked we are at every position with depth everywhere? All of a sudden Tate and Marvin Jones isnt good enough....what about your boy Ebron? Riddick and Abdullah? Need MORE WEAPONS for stafford to be good...ok, got it.

So folks, LKP has now admitted in a single thread that our oline isnt good, our run game isnt good, our defense isnt as good as the elite teams, and now our weapons suck on offense. FINALLY LKP...youre starting to see the light. good job.

He made them better. They were good. Notice I said Calvin

Oline is good but depleted with injuries to 3 best linemen

Run game could be good with healthy oline Abdullah showed some good things

Get healthy and the good will come and Stafford will look elite instead of just good

Oh so nooooww NFLN are the experts. Ive heard on NFLN that stafford is a top 22 qb and didnt deserve all that money. So i guess we know the facts now cause NFLN said so.

Whaaaat? lol. :cheers: ...and everybody is in agreement that nobody deserves that type of money. Stafford was just next in line. Rodgers, Ryan, Wilson all coming up.
top 22 QB??? Fkn delusional. Maybe Heath Evans said that. He's hard on everyone but majority of that cast love Stafford. Nice try though, bud....

Last edited:
Not unless that OLine gets their heads outta their asses

Not even that, its a lack of talent. Aside from decker, I say the oline gets scrapped. Lang was good in GB, which says nothing about him being skilled, just allowed to cheat.

Not even that, its a lack of talent. Aside from decker, I say the oline gets scrapped. Lang was good in GB, which says nothing about him being skilled, just allowed to cheat.

Lang is 4th ranked guard currently. Wagner 3rd ranked tackle. Decker is good.

Swanson and Glasgow need to pick it up. Robinson sucks but it made sense by Quinn to add an experienced talented tackle as a backup stop gap. Most backup left tackles suck. Lions overcame that in 3 wins and scored a lot in the 3 losses actually.

Swanson and Glasgow need to pick it up. Robinson sucks but it made sense by Quinn to add an experienced talented tackle as a backup stop gap. Most backup left tackles suck. Lions overcame that in 3 wins and scored a lot in the 3 losses actually.

who is ranking them?

In the same sentence you said that Robinson both "sucks" and is a "talented " tackle.

Do you read what you write or is everything you say double talk?

In the same sentence you said that Robinson both "sucks" and is a "talented " tackle.

Do you read what you write or is everything you say double talk?

His play sucks but he has talent clearly to be 2nd pick overall. Stop being an idiot. Worth the risk in a scheme change with a Decker injury. Nobody else out there at the time.

PFF ranks Stafford #12 in Tier 3 / Good Starter, right behind Dak and right ahead of Jameis Winston

PFF has issues with QBs. Good for everything else typically.

Stafford is a top TIER elite.

PFF has issues with QBs. Good for everything else typically.

Stafford is a top TIER elite.

I figured you would say something like that. PFF is good as long as they agree with your opinion. If not, they suck.

I figured you would say something like that. PFF is good as long as they agree with your opinion. If not, they suck.

They've had Stafford as elite before. Too many factors of QBs

PFF is good for Dline, Oline, LBs and DBs. Blocking for TEs/Rbs

Not good for receiving and rushing and QB. Use stats and game tape for that.

Last edited:
Alright, someone find me a good abandon thread gif.

I think booger basically nailed him here. "He sucks but he's a talented tackle."

Alright, someone find me a good abandon thread gif.

I think booger basically nailed him here. "He sucks but he's a talented tackle."

Abandon-thread1.gif
FjPLF.gif

Last edited:
Back