Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Jackson to kansas, possibly tonight.

Mom is worried about distractions close to home that won't be nearby in Kansas. I can't blame her for that, by all accounts she's raised a very good kid, mature for his age. I don't think you can go wrong with msu or Kansas but I am not a really sure this is over and he really has his decision. This is Josh deciding if he's going to go with his friends girlfriend etc vs what mom thinks is best. I'm hearing that the former is leading

Do you think that if he chooses MSU we'll never hear from mom again???

I don't.

I'm not saying he's a bad kid. I don't know him. I also don't know mom. But, I do know they both seem to enjoy all the attention they're getting and the drama they're creating. I don't see that getting any better anytime soon.

Last edited:

I don't.

I'm not saying he's a bad kid. I don't know him. I also don't know mom. But, I do know they both seem to enjoy all the attention they're getting and the drama they're creating. I don't see that getting any better anytime soon.

I got too involved in the Swanigan deal. In my mind im not expecting him to come to MSU but ill be happy if he does.

I got too involved in the Swanigan deal. In my mind im not expecting him to come to MSU but ill be happy if he does.

I will be too, without question. I just hope he comes without the drama and baggage that seem to build up around him.

It's frustrating enough waiting on him to announce a decision that he's said he's made already. But it's his choice and if that's how he's gonna handle it so be it.

What annoys me more is people like Graham Couch over analyzing every word any of these kids say and then putting his thoughts into his followers heads. Next thing you know we get threads like this.

Here is Jackson talking about the decision.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/03/michigan_state_target_josh_jac.html

I don't.

I think we're seeing a mini Malik McDowell situation and I don't think either party particularly enjoyed that too much. If mom and JJ were both on the same page this would have been over also long time ago

It's frustrating enough waiting on him to announce a decision that he's said he's made already. But it's his choice and if that's how he's gonna handle it so be it.

What annoys me more is people like Graham Couch over analyzing every word any of these kids say and then putting his thoughts into his followers heads. Next thing you know we get threads like this.

Here is Jackson talking about the decision.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/03/michigan_state_target_josh_jac.html
There were a ton of interviews and you can parse his words a million different ways. I think one telling thing was the interview with bridges where it seemed like he knew he was going to play with JJ in college. A few of the mods on rivals are close with the coaching staff and they feel a lot better about their chances than they did 10 days ago. It's not over and he might pick Kansas but I'm thinking 60/40 msu if he picked today.

Also, with bridges we thought him going back to flint to announce was a sign he was going to msu, Jackson is announcing in Detroit. I'm not convinced that means he will be green but I think it's a good sign.

Rumors on the Twitterverse are that Jackson has informed Self that he will not be signing with Kansas. Zona is also out and haven't heard anything. Izzo supposedly has no idea.

How is it that people who get paid to do this at 247 all say he's going to Kansas, yet somehow Twitter thinks he's not going there. I'm confused.

Jackson said yesterday that he will reveal his decision on Monday......or Wednesday. I'm over this kid.

Same here gotime. This "decision" is a joke and would make LeBron proud. I'm at the point where I won't even be bummed if he doesn't come here I'm tired of his ego.

Same here gotime. This "decision" is a joke and would make LeBron proud. I'm at the point where I won't even be bummed if he doesn't come here I'm tired of his ego.

This. Part of me will be bummed we missed out on his talent......part of me will smile we missed out on his drama.

This. Part of me will be bummed we missed out on his talent......part of me will smile we missed out on his drama.

The kid has said he's committing in April for about 6 months now. What drama? He wants to commit with his family present, just like every other kid who commits.

And I still think he will pick MSU.

The kid has said he's committing in April for about 6 months now. What drama? He wants to commit with his family present, just like every other kid who commits.

And I still think he will pick MSU.

What drama??? Are you kidding???

I'm committing Thursday......nope......not gonna work.
Maybe the McDonalds AA game.......nope.....not then either.
I've already decided.......gonna wait three or four weeks
Told my friends.........still gonna wait
Silent commit to Self??? Maybe. Silent decommit from Kansas.....????
Mom tweets about it.......

That dude is a Spanish accent from his own telanovela!!!

What drama??? Are you kidding???

I'm committing Thursday......nope......not gonna work.
Maybe the McDonalds AA game.......nope.....not then either.
I've already decided.......gonna wait three or four weeks
Told my friends.........still gonna wait
Silent commit to Self??? Maybe. Silent decommit from Kansas.....????
Mom tweets about it.......

That dude is a Spanish accent from his own telanovela!!!

He can't sign until Wednesday. And he said nothing about committing on that Thursday, that was all the rumor mill. He said he's been consistent that he was going to commit after the McD's game sometime in April.

Last edited:
He can't sign until Wednesday. And he said nothing about committing on that Thursday, that was all the rumor mill. He said he's been consistent that he was going to commit after the McD's game sometime in April.

"Jackson said that he had originally planned to announce his commitment last Thursday, but cancelled it at the last minute".

Jackson HAS said it was his intention to commit but that HE pulled the plug on it.

Better study up, buttercup!

This whole thing has been pretty dragged out. If it's me in that situation, and admittedly it's not, and you know what your choice is, just let the affected parties know, come out with it on twitter or wherever, and be done with it rather than drag it out and put a bunch of pieces in place for some big presser.

But in whatever interviews I've read with this kid, he seems like a thoughtful kid who has his act together. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt, unless of course, he chooses another school, lol.

Last edited:
This whole thing has been pretty dragged out. If it's me in that situation, and admittedly it's not, and you know what your choice is, just let the affected parties know, come out with it on twitter or wherever, and be done with it rather than drag it out and put a bunch of pieces in place for some big presser.

But in whatever interviews I've read with this kid, he seems like a thoughtful kid who has his act together. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt, unless of course, he chooses another school, lol.

Most times it's the "sources" and the people that bring the half ass info to places like this that's the problem.

But you gotta put some of this particular recruitment on the kid. He's changed the date several times and said himself that he's made his decision nearly a month ago and still hasn't released the decision. To me it seams like he enjoys the attention. Which is fine, but he better be ready for the shit storm that he's gonna catch from the losing 2 fan bases. lol

Back