Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Juwan Out

thewolverines24

Michigan Announces Leadership Change in Men’s Basketball - University of Michigan Athletics

We all know it needed to happen but it still sucks to end like this.

B1G championship, 2 Sweet 16s, one Elite 8, dismantling of everyone in 2019 B4A, 2021 AP COY. This year sucked beyond sucking but there were good times. There is no joy in this announcement for me. Just a necessary move that also sucks.

The other four members of the Fab Five have commented that Juwan was the main reason the Fab Five happened. He was instrumental/crucial in their recruitments. Still nothing but love for Juwan from me. He’s a Michigan legend forever. Can’t imagine how much this hurts from his end. His tears of joy when he was announced as coach are now a complete 180 and I absolutely hate that.

Onward and upward (I hope). Go Blue!

So long Juwan. The moment you assaulted Wisconsin's coach I knew your days were numbered unfortunately. Lost a lot of respect for him over that. I am trying to convince myself that this past season that he just wasn't himself after his health complications, because I've never seen a product so bad in all my life.

It was time to go. Best of luck and stay healthy.

This is sad news, I was hoping he would stay forever. Also, Ed Martin is the main reason the Fab 5 happened.

Hate to see him get canned from his alma mater, but you have to do it after an eight win season, not to mention that punch a couple years ago.

Nice job.

I already posted this but I failed to quote as I had intended to do.

The new format has me baffled.
Hate to see him get canned from his alma mater, but you have to do it after an eight win season, not to mention that punch a couple years ago.
Don’t let thewolverines24 see this.

He’ll argue with you that it was a slap.

I had this argument with him at the time it happened, and after reviewing the video, technically, he ended up being right.

Everything about Juwan’s motion and follow through was that of a punch.

Except the blow landed open handed.

So it was a slap.

yeah, I would also argue it was a slap, not a punch, and I would be right.

This is sad news, I was hoping he would stay forever. Also, Ed Martin is the main reason the Fab 5 happened.
Ed Martin had nothing to do with Juwan, Jimmy, or Ray. Jalen new him but was not implicated in the scandal after being thoroughly investigated. How could anyone know this? Not like the internet exists with easy access to the information or anything.

Actually it wasn't even a slap. It was more like he tried to palm his (Krabbenhoft's) head.

Since obviously some confusion about this still exists, here's a very unbiased video and analysis of the entire incident, including the time out call from Gard that set Juwan off in the first place.

Howard does not appear to have the temperament for the job, and probably never did.

I don't remember his playing days well enough (college or pro) to know if he was always a hot head like that. I don't remember him having that reputation.

Regardless, shit rolls uphill (at least in MY book) and this begs the question of why his boss ever hired him for the role... UM basketball isn't an entry level job! come on, man...

Ed Martin had nothing to do with Juwan, Jimmy, or Ray. Jalen new him but was not implicated in the scandal after being thoroughly investigated. How could anyone know this? Not like the internet exists with easy access to the information or anything.
MSU fans struggle with this, as well as with the whole "Dantonio succeeded in large part because his biggest rivals went down with scandals/bad hires all at once" thing, because they are inconvenient truths underlying MSU's basketball and football success, respectively.

Ed Martin had nothing to do with Juwan, Jimmy, or Ray. Jalen knew him but was not implicated in the scandal after being thoroughly investigated. How could anyone know this? Not like the internet exists with easy access to the information or anything.
You’re delusional. First Rose admitted to taking money, shoes and other gifts from Martin and second, Martin doesn’t need to have anything to do with Jackson, Howard or King because without Webber, there is no Fab Five. Period.

But there’s more to it because without Webber, Rose said he was going to Syracuse so there isn’t even an Above Average Four. Without Webber and Rose nobody knows who those other three guys are with the possible exception of Howard but there’s no way in hell they make the finals either year.

How can anyone know this? You don’t even need the internet, you just have to not be a delusional homer.

MSU fans struggle with this, as well as with the whole "Dantonio succeeded in large part because his biggest rivals went down with scandals/bad hires all at once" thing, because they are inconvenient truths underlying MSU's basketball and football success, respectively.
All of this has already been debunked.

Howard had roughly 5 techs per season in his 22 year NBA playing career. David Robinson, who no one would ever call a hot head, had roughly 2 per season. Juwan being in the same ballpark as The Admiral shows he wasn't a hot head.

Juwan's always been extremely well-liked and respected in NBA circles.

You’re delusional. First Rose admitted to taking money, shoes and other gifts from Martin and second, Martin doesn’t need to have anything to do with Jackson, Howard or King because without Webber, there is no Fab Five. Period.

But there’s more to it because without Webber, Rose said he was going to Syracuse so there isn’t even an Above Average Four. Without Webber and Rose nobody knows who those other three guys are with the possible exception of Howard but there’s no way in hell they make the finals either year.

How can anyone know this? You don’t even need the internet, you just have to not be a delusional homer.
Per usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Back