Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kobe Bryant - R.I.P.

UMRules06

Breaking news that Kobe Bryant was tragically killed in a helicopter crash today. Beyond shocking.

Un fucking real. I literally have no interest in watching MSU basketball play today

They are say it was the pilot . Kobe and his 13 year old daughter. Plus another parent and his or her daughter. Going to a travel basketball game.

Last edited:
rip Kobe. Prayers for each family. Even more sad a young daughter perished in the crash.

The other girl was a teammate of Gigi along with her parents. Sad.

this is no more sad than any other random helicopter/plane/car crash that takes the lives of anybody. Not sure how I feel about Kobe...I was never a fan. I always thought that he raped that chick in CO and got away with it...but who knows. I do really feel bad for the families left behind. It's always sad when people die young.

this is no more sad than any other random helicopter/plane/car crash that takes the lives of anybody. Not sure how I feel about Kobe...I was never a fan. I always thought that he raped that chick in CO and got away with it...but who knows. I do really feel bad for the families left behind. It's always sad when people die young.

I agree . I was never a Laker fan and I and really more sad for the kids who died and the families left behind. I always thought he raped the girl too because didn?t they settle the civil suit for a undisclosed amount of money ? Then she all of a sudden decide not to testify. Not sure what happened. I will have to look it up. But the kids that died in this crash. That is where the Tragedy is in accident.

I have 2 kids and I tear up seeing the pictures of how hard Kobe worked playing basketball with his 13 year daughter. Or sitting a basketball game with her.

After my daughter?s Abbie ankle surgery, and we found how bad it was she decided after her freshman year to give up hoops and softball for playing in the band. She was so exited to go to the Michigan game with me see the band play. Glad we got to see a last second win against ND. I told her before the last play they were throwing it to Mathews to win the game. It is such a fun memory for me. We had so much fun at this game.

A lot of people make fun of girls and women?s sports but until you have daughter who played sports it is just not the same. The love you have for your kids is just something special. You could see that in Kobe the pictures with his daughter Gianna.

Last edited:

Yea Tom we get it , everytime an athlete or someone famous dies tragically you always feel the need to come on and say the same thing . We get it , you are a miserable sociopath

Yea Tom we get it , everytime an athlete or someone famous dies tragically you always feel the need to come on and say the same thing . We get it , you are a miserable sociopath

so, you think I'm a sociopath because I don't care more about an NBA player that died tragically than some random person that died tragically? :tup:

so, you think I'm a sociopath because I don't care more about an NBA player that died tragically than some random person that died tragically? :tup:

Yes.

Any person who doesn?t value the well being of celebrities above that of others is a sociopath.

It?s literally the definition.

I guess the authorities at Van Nuys Airport possibly could have ordered plane grounded based on weather conditions and visibility, but chose not to.

Last edited:

Everytime something like this happens , you have to make a point to post how much you dont care and it makes no difference to you ...how about next time someone you know dies , i go to the funeral and tell you over and over who cares about so and so , makes no difference to me !!

Everytime something like this happens , you have to make a point to post how much you dont care and it makes no difference to you ...how about next time someone you know dies , i go to the funeral and tell you over and over who cares about so and so , makes no difference to me !!

How are you going to know when anyone some on this board knows dies?

It looks like maybe Burbank airport gave the pilot special clearance to fly through the fog.

Both LAPD and LACSD had grounded their helicopters due to lack of visibility that morning.

Back