Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kobe Bryant - R.I.P.

In case anybody has forgotten, and I?m sure nobody has, today and tomorrow are two of the most important holidays when we celebrate the life of Kobe Bryant.

Cool new sneaks.

The article goes over some of the most important Kobe Bryant holidays we celebrate every year.

Didn't even know he had a special day. He's just a former basketball player that raped a girl.

For whatever reason I thought 81 point day, January 22, was the day he crashed and burned because it was right around that time of year, but no, that holiday celebrates the date that Kobe scored 81 points. The day he crashed and burned was January 26, so soon after 81 point day that the two almost seem like part of the same Kobe holiday.

I had thought maybe the part of Verdugo Canyon where he crashed and burned might have been called 81 point for some reason.

But I think we should name January 26 Crash and Burn Day.

EDIT: Also I was pretty annoyed all day yesterday when many in the Los Angeles media, who should really know better, kept calling yesterday ?Mamba Day? as opposed to ?Kobe Day.?

Nike recognized April 13 as ?Mamba Day,? before the original ?Crash and Burn Day,? I think during his final NBA Season.

Last edited:
I would be remiss to not remind everyone that yesterday was Kobe Bryant?s birthday, and today is what we call Kobe Bryant day, the date that combines Kobe Bryant?s two jersey numbers.

Not everyone might remember that Kobe Bryant was was killed in a helicopter crash at the beginning of 2020.

Thank God we had the pandemic to take our minds off this tragedy.

I would be remiss to not remind everyone that yesterday was Kobe Bryant?s birthday, and today is what we call Kobe Bryant day, the date that combines Kobe Bryant?s two jersey numbers.

Not everyone might remember that Kobe Bryant was was killed in a helicopter crash at the beginning of 2020.

Thank God we had the pandemic to take our minds off this tragedy.

we need to remember to bump this thread on July 1st every year as well. That is the anniversary of the date he "allegedly" raped that girl in Colorado.

I didn?t make it through the day without being reminded by local media that is the fourth anniversary of the death of Kobe Bryant today.

Turns out, former lion quarterback, Rodney Pete was telling a story that he lives out by where the crash was, and his wife, actress Holly Robinson, heard the plane crash or the helicopter crash.

I?ll keep you all posted on the various anniversaries we celebrate about Kobe Bryant.

Couldn't stand Kobe as a player, but it seemed like he was a really great dad. Was such a tragedy, can't believe it's already been four years since then.

Couldn't stand Kobe as a player, but it seemed like he was a really great dad. Was such a tragedy, can't believe it's already been four years since then.
Dad, rapest all the same thing..

Dad, rapest all the same thing..

I don't disagree. If that scenario happens with one of the top NBA players today, their career is over, guaranteed. As it should be, but it was a different world back then.

Back