Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden 13

Top 10 WRs come out Monday around noon. I will make sure to post them, and I imagine our very own Calvin Johnson (Madden Coverboy) will be #1 and rated 99.

The demo comes out Tuesday the 14th...very excited. I believe the teams you can play as is:

Seattle vs. Washington
NY Giants vs. SF 49ers

Demo is nice, that 49er defense is sick. Havent tried All-Madden yet, not ready.

I like the new physics engine, to a degree.

The hits and collisions are awesome and finally life-like... however, after a play is done you just see random players falling everywhere... that and they're heads turn FAST during some points... blur effect could go, too...

I love the blur effect and the pileups are funny. I like how some players have to wait for others to get up and then some players trip when trying to get out of the pile. So realistic. Still getting used to the Total Control Passing.

First of all Calvin is on the cover yet the 2nd set of teams are Seattle-Washington? How about Detroit?

As far as the game goes, meh. Same ole same ole. Maybe I'm being picky but I don't see spending 60 bucks on this.

I do like the running better so I'll give it that.

First of all Calvin is on the cover yet the 2nd set of teams are Seattle-Washington? How about Detroit?

As far as the game goes, meh. Same ole same ole. Maybe I'm being picky but I don't see spending 60 bucks on this.

I do like the running better so I'll give it that.

With the demo it's probably all about the allure of RGIII.. would have been interesting to see them give you the Colts and Skins as secondary teams..although you may not really see what game play is all about as you're qb is laying on the turf every play. Lol

The game feels much different to me and Ive played every last version of Madden. Obviously, its due to the whole new engine. The speed of the game is faster, the offensive line now blocks properly (they actually block the right people), DBs aren't psychic and LBs havent jumped up and picked a ball off yet that they shouldnt be able to, the contact/tackling/pile ups are 100% more realistic, the presentation makes you feel like your watching a TV broadcast which is cool, announcers are way better (not hard to be though), and the Total Control Passing is neat but I need practice.

Maybe I'm seeing it different. I still see defensive players with super sonic speed (all over the place). I still see guys falling down for no reason. I still see 9 guys tackling me.

Game is a tad faster, but guys don't fall down for no reason. There were a few times I thought they did so I checked out the replay but I just missed it.

For me, I'd buy it if the cost was $150

Okay, 150? I'm not strapped for cash but 150 for a game? Even if am a bit more critical of the game than most the game doesn't offer that much.

Which leads me to believe that it could be a piece of crap and you'd buy it. 150, lol.

I get more hours of playtime out of Madden every year than the rest of my games combined.

I get more hours of playtime out of Madden every year than the rest of my games combined.

That might be it. I have other games I enjoy more and with GW2 starting on the 25th, not as much time.

Take Mass Effect 2 and 3, I played maybe a total of 9-10 times. Over 1000 hours and would never consider paying 150 bucks.

That might be it. I have other games I enjoy more and with GW2 starting on the 25th, not as much time.

Take Mass Effect 2 and 3, I played maybe a total of 9-10 times. Over 1000 hours and would never consider paying 150 bucks.

Good god that's a lot of hours..

Back