Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden 13

I usually play about 30 franchises in madden all of them through 3 years at least. Plus I have a few online leagues, usually start a my player mode, and play the new co-op 3v3 quite a bit with friends. Each franchise I probably spend at the minimum 40 hrs with. So you get the idea of how much I play Madden.

I'm one of those Madden guys, I got offered to play professionally when i was in college but they don't really pay well and sometimes you even have to pay for your own hotel rooms and food. Just not worth it.

I miss the college days of Madden. There were 8 of us in my dorm who would setup 2 teams in every division and do a fantasy draft. 1 trade w/a computer per season, unlimited with each other. Simulated comp games (unless risk of not getting into post-season) and played games vs each other.

Had one of my best victories playing there.

I miss the college days of Madden. There were 8 of us in my dorm who would setup 2 teams in every division and do a fantasy draft. 1 trade w/a computer per season, unlimited with each other. Simulated comp games (unless risk of not getting into post-season) and played games vs each other.

Had one of my best victories playing there.

Those times were the best. Not in college but me and my friend and about 8 others would do similar.

Those times were the best. Not in college but me and my friend and about 8 others would do similar.

Talk about best victories, title game with my best friend and he went ahead late and had the ball with under 30 seconds and decided to be cute and ran the ball instead of taking a knee. His guy fumbled and I ran it in. He was pissed, lol.

Talk about best victories, title game with my best friend and he went ahead late and had the ball with under 30 seconds and decided to be cute and ran the ball instead of taking a knee. His guy fumbled and I ran it in. He was pissed, lol.

I had a 6 point lead in the SB when one of the guys scored a touchdown with 20 seconds left. After taking the kickoff to the 30 yard line, I had 12 seconds left. This is back in the day when you could (immediately after the snap) hit the R stick up to put your defense in pass, down for rush. Everyone at this point is happy I finally lose.

I knew he would go pass so decided to bring out a run heavy package. It was all or nothing (no time outs left). Sure enough, he went pass, and I took that fker all the way down the sideline for a 70 yard touchdown run.

I should have been flagged for excessive celebration... because I went on for a good 10 minutes.

I had a 6 point lead in the SB when one of the guys scored a touchdown with 20 seconds left. After taking the kickoff to the 30 yard line, I had 12 seconds left. This is back in the day when you could (immediately after the snap) hit the R stick up to put your defense in pass, down for rush. Everyone at this point is happy I finally lose.

I knew he would go pass so decided to bring out a run heavy package. It was all or nothing (no time outs left). Sure enough, he went pass, and I took that fker all the way down the sideline for a 70 yard touchdown run.

I should have been flagged for excessive celebration... because I went on for a good 10 minutes.

I wouldn't had the nerve to call run there. So many things could go wrong.

I wanted to make a new thread for this, and if you think it should Mitch, feel free to.

What's everyone playing this (or other games) on? Would be fun to play against each other.

I'm on PS3, as Malfunkshunx

Mal, you just made me remember the good old days. I remember sitting in my dorm room up at Central in 2003. Me and my roommates picked up the new Madden. We would go through the entire draft, the whole season, and the playoffs. I would always dominate my friends, and end up picking one WR to throw to. I remember having some scrub WR on my team catch like 90 TDs, and he went from a 60 ranking to a 90. I also was super cheap with my QBs. I would ALWAYS draft McNabb first, and I had this trick where I would scramble, and then completely let go of the stick, which would stop the QB. It was beyond cheating, but it was amazing. Man, those were the days.

I wanted to make a new thread for this, and if you think it should Mitch, feel free to.

What's everyone playing this (or other games) on? Would be fun to play against each other.

I'm on PS3, as Malfunkshunx

If you want to make a new thread go ahead.

I really wish they would have kept fantasy draft, created players, player editing and Relocation in franchise mode..I definitely miss all of those aspects. As far as game play goes I'm pretty pleased. Only major complaint is they went a little bit far on how your RB responds to contact..instead of a hand on a linemans back or something he just instantly stumbles around. Also seems like you don't fall forward as often as you should when you run into a stand still defender..other than that I like the game a lot. I've been beating the fuck out of cover 2's with the new total control passing..run a streak, wait for the contact and throw a bullet to the outside shoulder before the safety has a chance of getting there.

Total Control Passing is flat out amazing. I can throw a comeback route finally! And I throw it before the WR has even made his break lol, so sweet. Beez, I found with the RBs that the stronger running back the more he falls foward (which I guess makes sense).

I never used the relocation or fantasy draft. You can still create your own player though, however I hate that there is no player editing. I need to edit Broyles so bad, he is rated so bad.

Also love that you can tell your defense if the play will be a run/pass before the snap again. It works so well, and DBs seem to catch nearly all interceptions. I just got done with my first season with the Lions and lots of picks (Houston 14, Janoris Jenkins who I traded for; 12, Berry 8, Delmas 7, Tulloch 5, etc.)

Total Control Passing is flat out amazing. I can throw a comeback route finally! And I throw it before the WR has even made his break lol, so sweet. Beez, I found with the RBs that the stronger running back the more he falls foward (which I guess makes sense).

I never used the relocation or fantasy draft. You can still create your own player though, however I hate that there is no player editing. I need to edit Broyles so bad, he is rated so bad.

Also love that you can tell your defense if the play will be a run/pass before the snap again. It works so well, and DBs seem to catch nearly all interceptions. I just got done with my first season with the Lions and lots of picks (Houston 14, Janoris Jenkins who I traded for; 12, Berry 8, Delmas 7, Tulloch 5, etc.)

Yeah I have been carving up defenses for sure. When they give space I use the slant or comeback, when they're pressed I go deep.

The rb thing: Still I just hate how easily the are detoured...it's like you brush up against your lineman and you're flaling out of control. I have Demarco Murray and if I have a 3rd n 1 and I pound it up the middle and run into a lineman he usually rips me backwards. However the sweep toss works better than it ever has in any other madden..I kill on that.

Can you take created players into the franchise? Mine didn't carry over when I tried.

Last edited:
I remember watching one of the youtube videos where you can create your own player then switch over to coach mode or something. Idk I never used created players so I havent tried.

Beez, well stop running full blast into your lineman then. When in real life does a RB do that anyway. Would be fucking funny to see though.....Best give himself a concussion on Raiola's ass. Try using the quick moves, that they put in last year. Zfarls or pro jukes is what its called. What you wanna do is hold the RB button (makes your RB cover the ball) then move your joystick left or right depending on where you wanna juke. What it accomplishes is two fold:

1) It makes your RB smaller, since he tightens up around the ball making him a smaller target and will miss more contact than usual.
2) The juke responds much more quickly then a normal juke and allows you to make another move right after that instead of having to wait for your player to regain his footing.

I remember watching one of the youtube videos where you can create your own player then switch over to coach mode or something. Idk I never used created players so I havent tried.

Beez, well stop running full blast into your lineman then. When in real life does a RB do that anyway. Would be fucking funny to see though.....Best give himself a concussion on Raiola's ass. Try using the quick moves, that they put in last year. Zfarls or pro jukes is what its called. What you wanna do is hold the RB button (makes your RB cover the ball) then move your joystick left or right depending on where you wanna juke. What it accomplishes is two fold:

1) It makes your RB smaller, since he tightens up around the ball making him a smaller target and will miss more contact than usual.
2) The juke responds much more quickly then a normal juke and allows you to make another move right after that instead of having to wait for your player to regain his footing.

Lol I'm not running up a guys back..it's just in the previous game when you would run off to the side of your guys and bump into him your runners hand would come out and he'd slow down a bit or you'd take the contact and keep going..this one it seems if you brush up against a lineman you're spiraling out of control. It sucks when you have a small hole in the line, try to go through but your guy touches a hip to a lineman and starts stumbling. Lol

So on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is Madden 3 (possibly the worst game ever) and Madden 1 - what ranking does this game get?

Personally, this is the best version I have ever played. I feel so cool now when passing. Its hard to make pre-snap reads, but making reads right after the snap then knowing what defense they are in and therefore what WR will be open and being able to make the play is awesome. In previous games you could run a comeback route for instance against a Cover 2 or Man coverage and you couldn't throw the ball because it would be a pick 6 instantly. I don't drop INTs hardly ever (neither does the CPU either...), tackling looks realistic and overall playing engagement is awesome, the ability to "guess" run or pass is great, the announcers are better, LBs don't make one handed INTs, DBs aren't psychic to the point that they can make plays on the ball without seeing the ball (for instance I threw a dart at burleson and hit the CB in the back of the head), much more emphasis on the difference between great players and the Madden type players(meaning the guys like Heyward-Bey don't perform like CJ just because he has speed, the other ratings come into factor), pump fakes work wonders, play action actually works and is a viable option, etc.

Scouting is much different and will take some time to get the hang of, though there is a glitch where you can find out the ratings before the draft. The draft is also pretty cool with live commentary and some players have story lines they talk about. The Free Agency bidding this year is much better than last year. The progression is different as you progress your players either weekly, monthly, or at years end. And you can choose what to upgrade with points YOU earn.

Negatives?
I hate the kicking meter since you have to use the joystick, I prefer just pressing A to stop the meter. Your defensive line on All-Madden level doesn't perform very well at all, but on All-Pro they seem to do good. The running game is very difficult, well not really but its not easy. I can't run certain plays to get my yards like I used too. I think they took out hiring assistants and training staff, etc. which I liked in previous games. Instead you upgrade your coach based on points you earn.

The running game is very difficult, well not really but its not easy. I can't run certain plays to get my yards like I used too. QUOTE]

I formation toss...look at the dline/lb set up and if need be shift switch the play to whatever side looks best and move your TE there..if you don't have to switch it, shift your full back to the side you're going to run and go pick up 10 yards..I run it almost all game switching between that and a stretch play. For 3rd and 1 I'll line up for a toss but if it looks like the middle is wide open I'll audible to an iso. I usually average between 5-8 yards a carry by games end. (playing on all pro)

I had the best game I've ever played in Madden last night. In an online franchise (this game a gainst the cpu) Rodgers threw for 650 yards, 10 tds and 1 int..30-35 and my wr had 2 drops. McFadden ran for 100 and a score while Rodgers had 50 yards and a rushing td. Andre Johnson (traded for) had 15 catches for 295 and 2 tds, Torrey Smith had 5 catches for like 204 and 5 tds, Jimmy Graham had around 100 yards and a td, Randall Cobb had about 60 yards and a score n Justin Blackmon had a td.

Think I won like 70 something to 13. I was having fun. (The league was a fantasy draft obviously) I traded Miles Austin, a 1st and I think a 2nd rounder or a future 1st, for Johnson just before this week 3 game. Austin had 10 catches in the 1st 2 weeks for about 150 yards and a score.

Last edited:
I had the best game I've ever played in Madden last night. In an online franchise (this game a gainst the cpu) Rodgers threw for 650 yards, 10 tds and 1 int..30-35 and my wr had 2 drops. McFadden ran for 100 and a score while Rodgers had 50 yards and a rushing td. Andre Johnson (traded for) had 15 catches for 295 and 2 tds, Torrey Smith had 5 catches for like 204 and 5 tds, Jimmy Graham had around 100 yards and a td, Randall Cobb had about 60 yards and a score n Justin Blackmon had a td.

Think I won like 70 something to 13. I was having fun. (The league was a fantasy draft obviously) I traded Miles Austin, a 1st and I think a 2nd rounder or a future 1st, for Johnson just before this week 3 game. Austin had 10 catches in the 1st 2 weeks for about 150 yards and a score.

Yeah that's the game I want to buy, its realistic. 650 yards, 10 TDs lol.

Yeah that's the game I want to buy, its realistic. 650 yards, 10 TDs lol.

Lol I'm usually not that good but I was calling audibles and hot routes to burn them every time down the field. I was in the zone or something, it was like the matrix. Previously in the season I had 480 and 5 tds in 1 game and like 460 n 3 tds in the other, accompanied by like 4 ints together. Keep kin mind we play on all pro so in all madden I'm sure I wouldn't do as well. I'm starting to get pretty good so I think I may go up to that level after our franchise is over.

Also I have to take into consideration that my offense is a complete juggernaught because we drafted...

Aaron Rodgers
McFadden
Spiller
A.Johnson
Torrey Smith
R.Cobb
Blackmon
K.Wright
Jimmy Graham
and all 87 and up on my oline...

My defense is not as good because I drafted all offense 1st for the most part

D.Wolfe (79)
Alualu (84)
Fairley (81)
A.Smith (85)

B.Reid (80)
Mcclain (84)
Curry (79)

Revis (Traded for)
Rodgers-cromartie (82)
Collins (85)
Mays (79)

I have no draft picks for about 2 years because I traded for Johnson, Revis, Brian Waters, Mcclain and Spiller) and i only have about 800k in cap room so that will probably kill me after this year. I'm in superbowl or bust mode in year 1 though!

Last edited:
Back