Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

That chart/table is telling though. And we seem to always blame the rest of the team, lack of weapons. Get a good look at SD and Phillip Rivers.. One WR the rest have less than 30 catches. We finally got a good RB so we can't blame that anymore.. Need to go to the source.

Great running game for chargers. Two backs. Great protection. Allen is a stud. Mike williams is a first round pick and good in red zone. Gordon a great receiving back too

Chargers defense only give up 20 ppg. 7th best

Give Stafford that he has a 115 rating too

Last edited:
Great running game for chargers. Two backs. Great protection. Allen is a stud. Mike williams is a first round pick and good in red zone. Gordon a great receiving back too

Yes, they're a better team. But Galladay is as good as their top guy. Our RB had a stud like year, just not enough carries. Certainly as good as Gordon. So offensively Rivers is awesome and we make excuses for Matt.

Yes, they're a better team. But Galladay is as good as their top guy. Our RB had a stud like year, just not enough carries. Certainly as good as Gordon. So offensively Rivers is awesome and we make excuses for Matt.

Way less carries and run game
Way less protection
Way less defense
Way less other red zone threats
Less tight end too

Stop ignoring that.

Stafford 115 rating if he has all that. It is not just number of weapons. Chargers have more at wr with mike Williams 1st round pick and Kennan allen

Last edited:

Gordon blew his knee out and rivers proceeded to go 28/28 and break an nfl consecutive completion record. Fuck Stafford.

Gordon blew his knee out and rivers proceeded to go 28/28 and break an nfl consecutive completion record. Fuck Stafford.

Chargers other back playing just as well
Protection protection protection
Defensive support
And more weapons at this point

Focus on all i said, not just run game..he had gordon most of year to build thag 115 rating too

classic LKP. When defending Stafford he says that the team around him sucks. In every other thread, he says this is a team with a 10-6 floor, 14-2 ceiling.

:bs:

Do you smoke meth? Golladay is not as good as Allen and Johnson is nowhere near Melvin Gordon. Maybe down the road, yes, but at this moment - no. It's painfully obvious that you just keep reminding us how lacking your football knowledge really is lol.
I bet Decker is as good as Jonathan Ogden too eh?? Lol. Unreal

Do you smoke meth? Golladay is not as good as Allen and Johnson is nowhere near Melvin Gordon. Maybe down the road, yes, but at this moment - no. It's painfully obvious that you just keep reminding us how lacking your football knowledge really is lol.
I bet Decker is as good as Jonathan Ogden too eh?? Lol. Unreal

Before this season Gordon was a sub 4 yards a carry runner. Johnson has matched him this season just less carries. And Allen is not better than Golladay. Especially when you consider he has the better QB. Please, go back to school.

Golladay hasnt proven himself as a #1 yet imo. Allen catches like 100 balls a year when hes healthy....which isnt very often.

Golladay is great at catches in traffic, has strong hands and uses his big body well to shield defenders. But he has a consistency problem where he frequently drops passes that hit him right in the hands and isnt the best route runner which cause seperation issues at times.

Id say Golladay is a solid 2 or 1A.

Allen has the potential to be a clear #1 when hes healthy...but hasnt been.

Rivers has better weapons this year. However, Rivers was a better QB when stafford had better weapons anyways so im not really sure why were talking about this.

Gordon and Kerryon are a wash. Both frequently injured backs that can produce when healthy. I give the nod to Gordon for doing it longer with better production in the red zone.

As i stated earlier...Gordon can go down with an injury and Rivers will just go 28/28. Whereas for Stafford we will just use Kerryon as an excuse for Stafford to not perform as well as we think hes capable of.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody could convince me that Golladay is better than Allen. Golladay may be more athletic, but Allen is a damn good WR. Gordon is a good RB, but not great. Certainly a more proven back than Johnson. All that said, Rivers is a better QB than Stafford, and I don't think it's even close.

I think Johnson needs more touches in the Red Zone over the oldie but crapola in Blount.

I don't think anybody could convince me that Golladay is better than Allen. Golladay may be more athletic, but Allen is a damn good WR. Gordon is a good RB, but not great. Certainly a more proven back than Johnson. All that said, Rivers is a better QB than Stafford, and I don't think it's even close.

Stafford has had a higher QBR each of the last three seasons. Stafford was 25-23 over those 3 seasons. 85-33 TD/INT ratio. Rivers was 18-30.....90/44 TD/INT. Not saying Matthew is better....but at the very least it’s damn close.

Obviously, rivers has been much better this year.

Last edited:
Stafford has had a higher QBR each of the last three seasons. Stafford was 25-23 over those 3 seasons. 85-33 TD/INT ratio. Rivers was 18-30.....90/44 TD/INT. Not saying Matthew is better....but at the very least it?s damn close.

Obviously, rivers has been much better this year.

Rivers is a better QB. We always talk about Matt's team around him the Chargers have had some statically bad teams. Really bad.

Rivers is a better QB. We always talk about Matt's team around him the Chargers have had some statically bad teams. Really bad.

If Rivers is so much better.....why was he 18-30 the last three years with defenses that were statistically better in 2 of those three years (2015 & 2017).

If Rivers is so much better.....why was he 18-30 the last three years with defenses that were statistically better in 2 of those three years (2015 & 2017).

Dunno but just watching him he seems likes he's just better. Like Tony Romo, imo he was a better QB regardless of his records.

Last edited:
Before this season Gordon was a sub 4 yards a carry runner. Johnson has matched him this season just less carries. And Allen is not better than Golladay. Especially when you consider he has the better QB. Please, go back to school.

Baaaaaaaahahahaaaaaa!!! You're a full blown idiot. Allen is a beast and so is Gordon. Golladay and Johnson are potential beasts but they're not better football players than Allen and Gordon. Lay off the pipe you fucking tool

Back