Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mock Drafts

You may very well be right Boogs. I don't think he was bad in coverage, I think he switched to LB as part of a scheme.

I love his athleticism. He's a freak, and he plays flat out.

If im picking all wolverines id go Taco in the first. Lewis in 3rd. Butt in 4th.

Lewis is now a nickel with domestic abuse problems.
Butt slides due to injury but will probably be gone somehwere between our 3rd and 4th round pick.

theres so many talented cbs in this years draft. 2nd rd picks will be moreau, king, white etc etc etc...a guy like lewis will slide.

Last edited:
There's been so much talk about Taco, I'm wondering if we're missing the boat on Malik McDowell. Sure, we need an edge rusher, but McDowell has played both inside and outside. Also, much as I've loved Ngata, he's certainly passed his prime an not the star lineman he once was. McDowell excelled at rushing the passer (one of the top interior pass rushers in college), and that's really what we need, regardless of position.

There's been so much talk about Taco, I'm wondering if we're missing the boat on Malik McDowell. Sure, we need an edge rusher, but McDowell has played both inside and outside. Also, much as I've loved Ngata, he's certainly passed his prime an not the star lineman he once was. McDowell excelled at rushing the passer (one of the top interior pass rushers in college), and that's really what we need, regardless of position.

McDowell is MSU's version of Peppers. Rediculous athletic ability.....not much production. Those guys scare me when you're talking about 1st round picks.

I'd pass on McDowell in the 1st. I'd take a chance in the 2nd.....but he'll be gone by then.

McDowell is MSU's version of Peppers. Rediculous athletic ability.....not much production. Those guys scare me when you're talking about 1st round picks.

I'd pass on McDowell in the 1st. I'd take a chance in the 2nd.....but he'll be gone by then.

Hes been sliding as of late for that reason. I think he might just be there in rd 2 for us....and i think itd be worth the pick at that point:

1) Hassan Reddick LB
2) Malik Mcdowell DT
3) Tarrell Bashum DE
4) Eddie Jackson S

poof.....one off season and we have an oline and a defense! im down....

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch Mcdowell! yes he is talented but he was a locker room cancer for MSU. He didnt play hard all the time and seemed to ne hurt every other play.

Hes been sliding as of late for that reason. I think he might just be there in rd 2 for us....and i think itd be worth the pick at that point:

1) Hassan Reddick LB
2) Malik Mcdowell DT
3) Tarrell Bashum DE
4) Eddie Jackson S

poof.....one off season and we have an oline and a defense! im down....

I'm glad you think that highly of the other defensive players that four rookies makes this a good defense. Ansah, Hyder, Ngata, Robinson, Slay, Quin can ball. Lawson, Hayden/Diggs, Whitehead, Killebrew, Wilson can be good in their roles. We'll see what the new guys of Worrilow, Washington, Spence and Hill can do. Still need that stud LB. Agree with Reddick but don't see him lasting to 21.

I agree a few picks will finish this defense. The offense is in great shape (even with a slot WR and power back that could be added)

It won't surprise me if Quinn and the Lions draft a stud player from Division II some where in the draft.

I'm glad you think that highly of the other defensive players that four rookies makes this a good defense. Ansah, Hyder, Ngata, Robinson, Slay, Quin can ball. Lawson, Hayden/Diggs, Whitehead, Killebrew, Wilson can be good in their roles. We'll see what the new guys of Worrilow, Washington, Spence and Hill can do. Still need that stud LB. Agree with Reddick but don't see him lasting to 21.

I agree a few picks will finish this defense. The offense is in great shape (even with a slot WR and power back that could be added)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Alot has to go right to fill all the holes we have on our defense. And thats assuming Quin sees them as holes. Not to mention i didnt say we'd be good...i just said we'd actually be able to field a defense if we drafted those 4.

Dont have:
A starting DE
a DT that can get to the qb
Need 2 starting Lbs
Need a starting CB
Could use an upgrade over Tavon Wilson and depth at safety.

As it sits now...our defense is decimated. Still the draft and scrap cuts left to go....but as of now its decimated.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Alot has to go right to fill all the holes we have on our defense. And thats assuming Quin sees them as holes. Not to mention i didnt say we'd be good...i just said we'd actually be able to field a defense if we drafted those 4.

Dont have:
A starting DE
a DT that can get to the qb
Need 2 starting Lbs
Need a starting CB
Could use an upgrade over Tavon Wilson and depth at safety.

As it sits now...our defense is decimated. Still the draft and scrap cuts left to go....but as of now its decimated.

One lb. We have good CBS. Lawson is a good number 2. Two battling in nickel. Wilson did well. Killebrew is good and depth. Only need one lb

One de, one dt, one lb. If we only get one of those we can still have a good defense.

12th in ppg d without all of that plus injuries

Last edited:
Back