Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mock Drafts

Honestly, I know we need another RB, but I just don't want us to draft one this year. The only guy I see that is a pure difference maker for us is Fournette, and there is no way Quinn trades up as high as he would need to go to get him. He may even go #2 overall to San Fran.

The rest of the crop is a good bunch of runners, but nothing (in my mind) that is more important right now than our defensive needs.

I feel the same way about TE, and even WR.

I'd rather pay a guy like Peterson or Charles for a year or two while we bide our time to wait for the right guy. Draft that defense now. A couple of linebackers, a CB, a DE, a DT or two.... let the running game improve with a better line and a free agent.

If you don't feel you can bring Boldin back, get a mid-round wideout, sure. I am just not sold on 99.999% of this years offensive players.

TEs can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. You already got your supposed TE of the future a couple drafts ago. If TE goes to the Lions in the 1st, I'll be strongly disappointed. So many more positions that need help now.

Honestly, I know we need another RB, but I just don't want us to draft one this year. The only guy I see that is a pure difference maker for us is Fournette, and there is no way Quinn trades up as high as he would need to go to get him. He may even go #2 overall to San Fran.

The rest of the crop is a good bunch of runners, but nothing (in my mind) that is more important right now than our defensive needs.

I feel the same way about TE, and even WR.

I'd rather pay a guy like Peterson or Charles for a year or two while we bide our time to wait for the right guy. Draft that defense now. A couple of linebackers, a CB, a DE, a DT or two.... let the running game improve with a better line and a free agent.

If you don't feel you can bring Boldin back, get a mid-round wideout, sure. I am just not sold on 99.999% of this years offensive players.

If the Lions need a RB, draft one. There are plenty of good ones out there...just picking the right one is the tricky part. Look at last year...Jordan Howard was a 5th rounder and he's a stud.

I did a few of my own on first pick.com

This is my favorite.

Round 1 Pick 21: Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple (A+)
Round 2 Pick 21: Tarell Basham, DE/OLB, Ohio (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (B+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Howard Wilson, CB, Houston (A-)
Round 5 Pick 21: Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Lorenzo Jerome, SS, Saint Francis (PA) (B+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Riley Bullough, ILB, Michigan State

Last edited:
I did a few of my own on first pick.com

This is my favorite.

Round 1 Pick 21: Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple (A+)
Round 2 Pick 21: Tarell Basham, DE/OLB, Ohio (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (B+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Howard Wilson, CB, Houston (A-)
Round 5 Pick 21: Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (A)
Round 6 Pick 21: Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31: Lorenzo Jerome, SS, Saint Francis (PA) (B+)
Round 7 Pick 32: Riley Bullough, ILB, Michigan State

Ya I'd love this draft.

I'd take him anywhere after 4

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Joe-Mixon-allegedly-punched-female-in-high-school-52373260

Apparently teams are looking into a report that he punched another girl, this time in high school. One incident, especially the one on video, might be easy enough to overlook given the circumstances surrounding it. Two would be a much harder thing for teams to overlook.

If this one turns out to be true, I am changing my prediction from 5th round or later to undrafted.

you clock two girls in 4 years, and teams absolutely have to be worried about PR, and the probability you will be in cuffs again in the near future.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Joe-Mixon-allegedly-punched-female-in-high-school-52373260

Apparently teams are looking into a report that he punched another girl, this time in high school. One incident, especially the one on video, might be easy enough to overlook given the circumstances surrounding it. Two would be a much harder thing for teams to overlook.

If this one turns out to be true, I am changing my prediction from 5th round or later to undrafted.

you clock two girls in 4 years, and teams absolutely have to be worried about PR, and the probability you will be in cuffs again in the near future.

I didn't know about this....uhoh. If true, he isn't getting drafted.

I didn't know about this....uhoh. If true, he isn't getting drafted.

I won't say he absolutely won't get drafted, but it's going to remove some teams from the pool of possibilities for sure.

And that is assuming there is anything to really corroborate this.

Look at the case of Brian Banks. He was a promising high school player wrongly convicted of rape, and it took his college career away. Later, the girl who accused him admitted on tape it was all a lie. Her mom put her up to it believing he would go on to college and even the pros, and then they could sue him for millions.

With Mixon on the verge of the draft, it wouldn't be surprising to see someone out there try to capitalize on this as an opportunity. It's believable.. we've all seen the tape of him knocking a girl out. So why not?

If there was no police report in high school, nothing to back this claim up.., then some teams may be smart enough to realize it could be a money play from someone. If there was a report then.. much harder pill to swallow.

I don't think this necessarily makes him undraftable, but whether or not it's true, it still clouds an already tenuous pick.

I won't say he absolutely won't get drafted, but it's going to remove some teams from the pool of possibilities for sure.

And that is assuming there is anything to really corroborate this.

Look at the case of Brian Banks. He was a promising high school player wrongly convicted of rape, and it took his college career away. Later, the girl who accused him admitted on tape it was all a lie. Her mom put her up to it believing he would go on to college and even the pros, and then they could sue him for millions.

With Mixon on the verge of the draft, it wouldn't be surprising to see someone out there try to capitalize on this as an opportunity. It's believable.. we've all seen the tape of him knocking a girl out. So why not?

If there was no police report in high school, nothing to back this claim up.., then some teams may be smart enough to realize it could be a money play from someone. If there was a report then.. much harder pill to swallow.

I don't think this necessarily makes him undraftable, but whether or not it's true, it still clouds an already tenuous pick.

If it turns out to be true, I also don't think he'll get drafted. If fact, he may not be picked up as an UFA either.

However, if it turns out to be BS.......I think he'll go in the low 2nd/top 3rd round.

Back