Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

3 start WR Jase Bowen from Toledo committed. 13th ranked player from Ohio.

Love this kid as a slot receiver. He?s got extremely quick change of direction. Decent size, great athlete who will play baseball for MSU too.

Also, had offered from Harvard and Cornell. 4.0 student.

2019 4 Star RB from Cass Tech, Jaren Mangham looks to be ready to pull th trigger. Really a perfect power back for us.

My prediction on our next commit: 4 star DE Michael Fletcher, said to be very close to pulling the trigger.

I wish to revise my next commit pick. LB Marcel Lewis is committing to MSU in Wednesday.

Marcel Lewis committed to MSU. UM had gone after him hard recently, but he wasn't swayed. Ohio State appears like they're about to offer, not sure how hard they'll recruit him, but I think he stays with MSU.

Really fast LB who can hit and run from sideline to sideline. Could play the STAR at MSU, but equally likely to play in the middle.

3 star DE from Zeeland, Adam Berghorst commits to MSU. Picked the good guys over UM, ND, and Nebraska. Will also play baseball for MSU. He's an exceptional athlete at 6-7, 245 lbs. Has the frame to add weight and it wouldn't be surprising if he's an OT at some point in his MSU career. #14 player in the state of Michigan, we now have 5 of of the top 20 players in the state committed and lead for at least 5 others.

do you think he wants to bulk up that much? he's also going to play baseball at State - RH pitcher. Unless he drops baseball which right now doesn't seem likely I doubt he's going to put the at least 40lbs he'd need to play on the line. I don't see him adding 40lbs every summer and shedding it every winter either.

do you think he wants to bulk up that much? he's also going to play baseball at State - RH pitcher. Unless he drops baseball which right now doesn't seem likely I doubt he's going to put the at least 40lbs he'd need to play on the line. I don't see him adding 40lbs every summer and shedding it every winter either.

He's over 250 lbs already according to an interview. At 6-7, he's a fantastic athlete who will be more of an edge rusher in college. I'd bet he plays DE at less that 275 lbs. He's a pitcher in baseball so I'd imagine he could also pitch at close to that. Kid has a non stop motor, not sure if he has big league potential as a pitcher although I think he hits 90 on the gun, but I think he'll be a full time football player in a couple years.

Really has some good film, his initial burst is great and he plays low to the ground for someone so tall. He and Fletcher would be a great pair of tall DEs to bring in.

He's over 250 lbs already according to an interview. At 6-7, he's a fantastic athlete who will be more of an edge rusher in college. I'd bet he plays DE at less that 275 lbs. He's a pitcher in baseball so I'd imagine he could also pitch at close to that. Kid has a non stop motor, not sure if he has big league potential as a pitcher although I think he hits 90 on the gun, but I think he'll be a full time football player in a couple years.

Really has some good film, his initial burst is great and he plays low to the ground for someone so tall. He and Fletcher would be a great pair of tall DEs to bring in.

that's the point - I don't see him bulking up to play on the o-line assuming he wants to continue as a 2 sport athlete. If he's that athletic and has good hands, maybe he can play tight end or something like that if he's not fast enough to be an effective DE. If he drops baseball, maybe he can bulk up to 300+.

that's the point - I don't see him bulking up to play on the o-line assuming he wants to continue as a 2 sport athlete. If he's that athletic and has good hands, maybe he can play tight end or something like that if he's not fast enough to be an effective DE. If he drops baseball, maybe he can bulk up to 300+.

This stuff has a way of working itself out. He's not a major league baseball prospect, he'll end up at the weight that is best for him to play whatever position in football his coaches decide for him. Whatever the case is, he's a good looking football DE right now.

4 star DE, Michael Fletcher is visiting MSU with his grandmother this weekend. It's his 4th visit to MSU in the last couple months.

Fletcher is a Plan A kid who blew up recently at the Ohio Opening, he was the best D lineman there and his measurables were freakish.

The Opening regionals were this weekend.

MSU target (and some say lean) LB Lance Dixon got an invite to nationals and ran a 4.50 laser timed 40 at 6-3, 200 lbs. Julian Barnett also got an invite to the NAtionals, showed off a 38" vertical and even though he just got out of a cast for a broken leg a few months ago still ran a 4.54 forty (He's run laser times 4.38 before the injury). Michale Fletcher also had a good camp.

5 star 2020 OL, Justin Rogers from Oak Park won best O lineman, and he stoned the #1 overall player in the 2019 Class Zach Harrison.

D'Wan Matthis was offered bu Ohio State and is visiting them with teammates this week. Word is he's 100% committed to MSU, but you never know with Urban Meyer, guy is a great recruiter.

3 star LB Luke Fulton commits. Beat Iowa, Wisky, NW, and Nebraska for him. 6-3, 215 lbs and will play the MIKE or MONEY in college.

Devontae Dobbs is visiting MSU again next week.

Also released his top 8 tonight:
MSU, OSU, USC, UGA, OKlahoma, Clemson, Auburn, and Florida State. We still lead for him.

Julian Barnett got a ratings bump, now #53 overall recruit and pushing 5 star.

Devontae Dobbs is visiting MSU again next week.

Also released his top 8 tonight:
MSU, OSU, USC, UGA, OKlahoma, Clemson, Auburn, and Florida State. We still lead for him.

Julian Barnett got a ratings bump, now #53 overall recruit and pushing 5 star.

based on recent trends, I'm putting my money on Georgia.

2 typical under the radar commits. Athlete, Alante Brown commits. 3 star from Illinois, ran a 4.42 and a 4.43 at MSU last week. His film is incredible, fastest player you will see on tape. Ohio RB, Brandon Wright commits. 6-2, 221 lbs and runs a 4.5, 3 Star with offers from Ohio State and Penn State.

We’re going to get 2-3 more today it sounds like.

Wright's commitment probably means Jaren Mangham is going to Colorado. Apparently a condition of his commitment was that you had to offer his 14 year old little brother, Colorado did.

The 2-3 other commits today should be WR from Bloomfield Hills, Tre Mosely, nest WR in the state of Michigan. Michigan Fletcher, DE from Saginaw. And a 3rd player is said to be joining them today, perhaps a speed back.

Last edited:
Back