Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

I'm betting if he was 250 he'd have a 5th star. That offer list is enough for me to be excited

He's a total freak, he returns kicks for his team too. He's already bigger than 215 and will be 235 before he's even on campus. The only threat is that Bama is slow paying him, but if they turn up the heat and want him as their edge rusher this class, they're going to be tough to beat. Jobe will play at 6-4, 240 as a true freshman.

And the 2 twin LBs we are after are deciding next Wednesday. Both are a little undersized at 6-1, 200 and 6-1, 190, but both can run. One runs a 10.72 100 meters. 247 has Andrew Harris as a top 100 player and his brother Michael Harris as a top 140 player.

4 star S King Mack is deciding tomorrow and is down to Penn State and MSU, probably 60-40 Penn State right now, also a total speed demon.

Last edited:
The Harris twins are announcing today, but it looks like their mom is going to get her wish and keep them close to home at UCF. We probably won't be taking any more LBs as the portal is a great place to get them normally.

Tomorrow, Bai Jobe is committing, everything points to MSU. He's probably the best speed rusher in the nation. Getting his commitment tomorrow and signing him in December are 2 different things, Alabama and Oklahoma are his other 2 finalists, but Miami isn't done recruiting him either.

O Line recruiting is shaping up as follows. Cole Dellinger is now a take, 4 star instate interior O Line, I expect him to join the class in the next couple weeks. Chase Bisontis, 4 star top 100 overall recruit, OT from New Jersey is choosing soon, LSU thinks they're out, it's a Rutgers and MSU battle with MSU being ahead. Peyton Kirkland, 4 star OT from FL, MSU, Oklahoma, and Miami are his leaders, no idea on this one, we led at one time though. 4 star OT Miles McVay is probably down to Bama and MSU, but Oregon is there too. 5 star OT Samson Okunlola has MSU near the top, but the competition is fierce with Bama, Oregon, and Miami being the biggest threats.

Last edited:
Steve Wiltfong and Justin Thind with crystal balls for Bai Jobe to MSU today. This is a massive pickup if he picks us tomorrow at 5 pm. #64 composite player in the country. 247 has him 63rd. On3 has him 25th. Listed at 6-4, 215, but I think he says he's now 6-5, 225. His trainer goes way back with Brandon Jordan, that was our in here.

Looks like he's shot out of a cannon. Elite get off, great bend and closing speed. Good with hands. Reminds me of Julian Peterson. Dude returned kicks for TDs and also played some WR.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15314648/61a04553967698093c4c730d

https://247sports.com/college/michi...tans-commitment-of-bai-jobe-189807017/?page=1

Sounds like he?s an amazing person. Great kid and very sincere. Other teams are going to come after him, but he really loved what our staff sold him on. He?s a freak athlete, but newer to football, didn?t start playing until 9th grade. Already has decent technique and can really bend, absolutely explosive first step. He?s 6-5, not 6-4 and anywhere from 220 to 225. Size won?t be an issue. An all state basketball player, but he?s quit B Ball to focus on football. Will be an early enrollee.

Unique kid from Senegal who lost his mother 4 years ago. Stayed with a host family in OK, but had a desire to leave the state. Miami and Bama were the threats and offered more NIL, but Jordan was the difference. This is a 5 star talent who just needs a little more time to learn. Big time get obviously. Fantastic kid.

Last edited:
Jaylon Braxton flips to Arkansas and Caleb Presley commits to Oregon. We have a boatload of 3 stars at CB from '22 & '23 - hopefully some of them are underrated or develop (not something Barnett has shown a propensity for).

Jaylon Braxton flips to Arkansas and Caleb Presley commits to Oregon. We have a boatload of 3 stars at CB from '22 & '23 - hopefully some of them are underrated or develop (not something Barnett has shown a propensity for).

Rucker is a 4 star

Rucker is a 4 star

I know, but we went from having two, expecting a third and turning down a fourth 4 star DB in the '23 class to 1. That hurts our chances of turning things around at a position of great need. The good news is we have a lot of commits for the defensive backfield between '22 and '23 so far. Hopefully some of them outperform their rankings.

Edit: I don't have faith in Barnett's ability to turn the backfield around and think he should be let go, but keeping my fingers crossed because we don't have a choice at least not for this year.

Edit 2: Dillon Tatum in the '22 class is also a 4 star.

Last edited:
I know, but we went from having two, expecting a third and turning down a fourth 4 star DB in the '23 class to 1. That hurts our chances of turning things around at a position of great need. The good news is we have a lot of commits for the defensive backfield between '22 and '23 so far. Hopefully some of them outperform their rankings.

Edit: I don't have faith in Barnett's ability to turn the backfield around and think he should be let go, but keeping my fingers crossed because we don't have a choice at least not for this year.

Edit 2: Dillon Tatum in the '22 class is also a 4 star.

So was Mangham who will see time a FS. Caleb Coley is the freshman who will see the field the most though. Only a 3 star, but he was underrated and had a commitable offer from Clemson among a ton of other big name programs. Still think we swipe one of LSU?s 4 star DB commits.

O Line recruiting is shaping up. 4 star OT Chase Bisontis is deciding between us and TAMU in the next few days. Top 65 recruit. 4 star OT Peyton Kirkland decided the 23rd and we have a clear lead over Miami who would ask him to play guard. 4 star Miles McVay may follow Kirkland and he commits on 8/11. Down to us and Bama I think. Land 2 of those 3 and it?s the best O Line haul ever for MSU. Were also in on 4 star Ramil who I think has us in his top 2 with Tennessee.

Some rankings updates, nothing big for most MSU commits, however, Demetrius Bell got ranked by On3, he's back to a composite 4 star, giving us 9 composite 4 stars right now. 9 of 12 commits are 4 stars, and Jonathon Slack was a 4 star for a long time. Bo Edmundson could also see a jump.

Most 4 stars since 2016 and the class is only half done.

In state. 2024 4 star receiver commits to MSU. Total stud. 6-3, 195 lbs and the 82nd ranked overall player in his class. Visited Bama Friday and then came home to visit MSU yesterday and commits. Legit blue chip WR.

In state. 2024 4 star receiver commits to MSU. Total stud. 6-3, 195 lbs and the 82nd ranked overall player in his class. Visited Bama Friday and then came home to visit MSU yesterday and commits. Legit blue chip WR.

Does he have a name?

Apparently there are a couple other commitments about to pop. My guess would be 2024 DB Odom and 2023 DE Jalen Thompson may have been told he?s now a take.

4 star Alabama LT Stanton Ramil is going to commit to MSU tomorrow. Huge get. 6-7, 310 lbs, #197 overall recruit in the country. This is the OT I like the best after Okunlola that we had a shot at. These are the types of kids you need to get to the next level.

Ramil played for the AL Class 7A state Champion last season. He has a 6-10 wingspan. Not that I'm any kind of expert, but his film against really good Alabama high school competition is really polished, has great feet and technique, has a great frame to add as much weight as he wants, and can really move. Alabama is a high school football hotbed right now, he's only the 15th ranked recruit in the state, and the state produced 7 5 stars this cycle. He's underrated.

Last edited:
4 star Alabama LT Stanton Ramil is going to commit to MSU tomorrow. Huge get. 6-7, 310 lbs, #197 overall recruit in the country. This is the OT I like the best after Okunlola that we had a shot at. These are the types of kids you need to get to the next level.

Ramil played for the AL Class 7A state Champion last season. He has a 6-10 wingspan. Not that I'm any kind of expert, but his film against really good Alabama high school competition is really polished, has great feet and technique, has a great frame to add as much weight as he wants, and can really move. Alabama is a high school football hotbed right now, he's only the 15th ranked recruit in the state, and the state produced 7 5 stars this cycle. He's underrated.

This Ramil kid seems to be moving up rankings at 247 and down rankings on Rivals - they have him as a 3 star and show his rating dropping to 44th in the State as of mid June update on him (not sure what it was or if he was once a 4 star on their site - prob have to be a premium subscriber to see that). Odd that he'd be rising in one and dropping in the other.

This Ramil kid seems to be moving up rankings at 247 and down rankings on Rivals - they have him as a 3 star and show his rating dropping to 44th in the State as of mid June update on him (not sure what it was or if he was once a 4 star on their site - prob have to be a premium subscriber to see that). Odd that he'd be rising in one and dropping in the other.

Rivals is not great. This kid is a stud, probably under ranked at 197th overall in the composite.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13300734/617b47f0d224e3045c506e2a

Normally HS film for OTs just shows a huge guy manhandling guys much smaller, but Class 7A Alabama high school football is tough and the guys he's blocking are big guys too. From a technique perspective, he's pretty advanced, especially his footwork in pass pro. Probably can work on his pad level a little, and although he finishes blocks, his run blocking technique will improve. Those little things are probably what separate 4 stars from 5 star OTs. I mean, 6-7, 310 with a huge wingspan is prototypical LT size and reach.

You're getting a kid that could play as a true freshman if he enrolls early, maybe even if he doesn't. Just a mountain of a kid with good athleticism and fundamentals. Bama will be full at tackle in 10 days when McVay picks them, so they won't come after him. Really, we owe landing him to Auburn being a mess right now, if Auburn was rolling, there's no way a kid like this leaves the state.

247's guys like him more than the OT from NJ who just picked Texas A&M over us, Bisontis, who is 65th overall. I think he compares favorably with Miles MvCay who we will finish 2nd for. McVay is not as pure an OT, but has great feet too, but also a lot of bad weight.

The staff is taking 5 OL this class. Preferably they'd take another pure tackle. But Wedin can play tackle too, so if the right tweener is available they may add him. Wedin will rise in the rankings too, he's been dominant on the camp circuit this Summer and his offer list is insane (Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, FSU, Auburn, USC, Miami, Penn State, etc etc)

Ramil told Tennessee coaches yesterday that he was picking us over them. Auburn and Clemson were the other 2 schools with a shot.

O Line recruiting was the big area we needed to improve and Kap has done an outstanding job this cycle. You have to start stacking classes like this on top of each other to take that next step. And there's no more of this landing a 250 lb athlete and trying to build them into a 300 lb OT. Ramil is already 310, Wedin is 295.

Jonathon Slack- Center. Was the first member of the class, 6-4, 280 lbs. Was a 4 star, but then when it looked like he'd be playing center was downgraded to a 3 star. Really athletic and can move. Will spend a couple years developing, but by 2025 he's going to contribute.

Cole Dellinger- Guard, 6-4 280 4 star. Wanted to commit a while ago, but we made him hold off. Glad we got this kid, hard worker, high character, says he's added a lot of good weight, is probably pushing 300 right now.

Clay Wedin- 6-6, 295 Was named MVP at one of the big Rivals camps and blew up to 124th overall on that site. Offers from everyone. Big time get. We like him at guard, but he can play RT too if needed. This kid is going to be massive, will probably see the field in 2024.

Stanton Ramil. Body is ready for college football on Day 1. I could see him playing as a true freshman.

We have at least 1 and maybe 2 spots left in the class for OL. Of course Samson Okunlola is at the top of our board, but the 5 star apparently has an insane NIL deal on the table at Miami, near to $10 Million. He does like MSU a lot, we'd probably be landing him, but he'd be stupid to turn down that kind of money from Miami.

4 stars DJ Chester and Spencer Fano are next on the remaining targets. Both 4 star top 150 guys. Chester is a realistic option IMO. Myles McVay is committing the 11th, but Bama told him he's a take and he's expected to choose them. I, and the staff, prefer Ramil over McVay because he's a pure LT. Still, on the slight chance Bama tells him to hold off, we'd be the school he'd then chose and he'd slot in at RT just fine at 6-6, 358 lbs.

Another guy we are really high on is NC State commit Charlie Symonds. He's a 3 star, but at 6-7, 285 he's got a great frame and the staff likes him just as much as some of the 4 stars we are in on. He's added a lot of good weight and we could flip him.

Back