Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Western game thread!!

Denard could run though

But the lack of passing ability is why we would routinely get our asses handed to us by good defenses. You guys would bottle him up and he'd toss it up to Hemmingway or force some horrible pass that had no chance of connecting. I don't understand sticking with Cook.

The explosive RR/Denard offense was a myth. We sucked against good defenses. I mean, we scored 12 pts against you at home last year? Not even a touchdown?

Defense is outscoring the offense again. And they gave the offense the ball in the red zone twice. Can't make this stuff up.

MSU d is excellent. Their o will cost them a few games. Should be a decent team with that d.

MSU looks like they will struggle mightily on offense this year in the B1G. Western gave them fits for some reason.

Without the D scores...

13-12 WMU. Work to do this week.

Offense looked bad again, still had a lot of work to do. Not going to get too upset about an opener. Ive seen a lot of sloppy wins to start the season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Offense looked bad again, still had a lot of work to do. Not going to get too upset about an opener. Ive seen a lot of sloppy wins to start the season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The problem, to me, is that it looked just like last year with Maxwell. Lot's of drops and 5 yard bullets. I'd like to see them give Terry some work next week.

The problem is WR coaching. Did not see one throw where the WR made an attempt to catch the ball with his hands rather than his body. I counted 8 drops, some people said only 6, but I counted the Arnett incompletion in the end zone where he failed to attack the ball and just waited for it to get into his body so the defender could bat it down as a drop.

The Bad News? This is a basic technique that you aren't going to learn in season, it's something you learn and perfect in the off season.

We will lose to South Florida next week if the offense doesn't play much better.

I'm really questioning the Elite11 camp. Aren't both Maxwell and Cook former invitee's ?

I know Maxwell was but I've said this before to Keric - most of the time 9/11 kids from that camp don't do squat. In fact, most years half of the kids they invite a bunch of 3 star kids to the camp.

Back