Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Name, Image, and Likeness

I think so. Except there's a picture.

There?s nothing funny about the photograph though it?s just Saban running; we see him do that on television all the time.

The headline is what is a little funny - but is there an article with more humor or is the headline its own punchline?

Heard something on local news about Reggie Bush wanting to use the new rules to get his Heisman back and his stats from USC re-instated. No go was the answer.

It's good our nation puts it's surplus wealth into things that really matter.

maybe he can throw a football against global warming, or gain some rushing yards against declining life expectancy?

It's good our nation puts it's surplus wealth into things that really matter.

maybe he can throw a football against global warming, or gain some rushing yards against declining life expectancy?

Or maybe at Davos, the WEF, and the UN to stop global world governance.

Nation's top QB recruit is leaving high school early for Ohio State...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nations-to...gh-school-early-for-ohio-state-155809921.html

Quinn Ewers, the top-ranked high school football player in America for the Class of 2022, is skipping his senior year to enroll early at Ohio State. He hasn't even finished HS. Not sure the law people figured that when they made the NIL rules.

In this piece he says he is about to finish a class that will get him his diploma.

notably, he doesn't mention anything about academics when explaining his decision - it wasn't just about money, it was also about his football career, which most people would say is mostly about money.

?This is not just a financial decision; this is about what is best for my football career. At 18, and with one final class about to be completed to earn my high-school degree, I feel it?s time to get the jump on my college career that is available to me. I am eager to start learning from Coach Day and the rest of the coaching staff.?

Last edited:
Next ball to drop...a current OSU QB hits the transfer portal

who do you think leaves? Stroud and McCord were both ranked 3rd best QB of their HS class and Miller was 16th. Ewers reclassifying prob makes McCord drop to 4th in the '21 class. Ryan Day is one heck of a recruiter...

Last edited:
Miami QB D'Eriq King signs NIL deal with NHL's Florida Panthers

https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-qb-d...al-with-nh-ls-florida-panthers-170001632.html

Hockey fans don't care about a college QB attending a game.

King also agreed to NIL deals with a local restaurant (The Wharf), a local auto dealership (Murphy Auto Group), a moving company (College Hunks Moving) and a trading card company (Panini America).

When will he have time for football.

Last edited:
Miami QB D'Eriq King signs NIL deal with NHL's Florida Panthers

https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-qb-d...al-with-nh-ls-florida-panthers-170001632.html

Hockey fans don't care about a college QB attending a game.

King also agreed to NIL deals with a local restaurant (The Wharf), a local auto dealership (Murphy Auto Group), a moving company (College Hunks Moving) and a trading card company (Panini America).

When will he have time for football.

I wonder what the fine-fine print reads insofar as opt-out clauses.

I wonder what the fine-fine print reads insofar as opt-out clauses.

Probably a morality clause, in case he gets in any legal trouble, and I'd imagine some sort of clause that ties continued payments to the fact that he plays for a local college team and doesn't transfer again or go pro. I'm curious how much "guaranteed" money there is in these contracts; the press always reports these huge dollar amounts, but the terms are normally a lot different, and payable 30-60 days after an invoice date, and not all at once.

The Panthers promotion is kind of a weird deal... do they really think that's going to get Miami football fans to go to hockey games? I don't really understand Florida people, or Miami specifically, so maybe?

so this probably isn't what was intended when they came up with NIL.

Florida QB promised $13M contract to come to Fl prior to even setting foot on campus.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...s-florida-qb-commit-asks-nil-deal-falls-apart

Maybe not intended, but I'm sure everyone KNEW it was the likely outcome.

And it's probably still better than Florida boosters/bag men just giving him the cash equivalent of a $13MM marketing contract under the table... at least we kinda know something about it now.

Back