Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not excited about Clinton's candidacy

Matt Taibbi just wrote an article on how Clinton's campaign essentially leaked a story to the NYT about how they're just pandering to the left for the primary. That she's pandering to the left isn't surprising; Obama did it. John Kerry did it. Al Gore and Lieberman did it. Her husband has been doing it for his entire career.

But what is surprising is the way they leaked it, intentionally making it crystal clear they want the public to know this is what they're doing... the cynicism and contempt for voters comes right through.

We will see if being openly contemptuous of the progressive/liberal part of your party is a winning strategy in '16.

Last edited by a moderator:
By now everybody knows that the chick really doesn't get cut in half; she tucks her knees up against her boobs and the feet at the end of the other box are fake.

So maybe they just thinking "fuck it; everyone already knows how the trick is done anyway..."

What was Obama's popular vote win over Romney? w/o looking it up I believe that it was ~4M. The GOP has 10 declared and may have as many as 20 or more candidates, which muddles the field FAR more than Dems with 4 declared and who may eventually have 7 or more.

Maybe the Hillary camp is waiting for Jeb to declare before they decide on any plan of attack on Sanders. Like you posted, They don't want to push fence-sitters to the GOP or to an independent party, or to Sanders himself. After or if Jeb declares, then the Hillary camp could publicly state that a primary vote for Sanders is ultimately a vote for Jeb, should she as result, lose the Democratic nomination.

looks like Billary is going after Sanders by having other dems do it. Whoever hits sanders the most gets to be VP.

It's time to move on from the Bushes and the Clintons. Shillary has a tremendous number of skeletons and dirt that should work against her IMO. I say "should" because too many these days ignore stuff they shouldn't at our own peril. Just the most recent scandals Benghazi and the email server alone should have gotten her indited IMO. But nope rewards instead.

Jeb, ha! I saw him turn up in an episode of american greed not that long ago for associations with scammers FFS.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101598722

We are NOT going to be getting any meaningful change for the better with either one of these establishment sell outs.

Hell No ShillaryBush!

Last edited:
Pretty telling but is anyone surprised by this? I'd be curious to see what it looks like over a shorter, more recent time frame since this is the only time they've both been involved in a national race. Probably not much different than this but this has a lot of old data (Lehman Brothers hasn't existed since 2008). Interesting that Hillary's 20th biggest donor gave her more than 3x the money that Sanders' biggest donor has given him - of course she already has one failed presidential primary and a much more high profile senate race. As you go further down the list I'm sure they have some common donors. I wonder how Hillary's receipts from organized labor look compared to Sanders' - she probably gets more money than he does from them too.

cue michchamp ranting about me ranting about unions when I'm not ranting about unions - no yet at least.

I have to vote for a candidate who has dodged sniper fire, was named for a mountain climber, was broke ... ahh, what difference does it make.

In 2008 the Top 10 contributors to McCain and Obama were identical but for one ...each had a different law firm involved in the TARP deal listed respectively.

Otherwise, identical.

in 2008 the top 10 contributors to mccain and obama were identical but for one ...each had a different law firm involved in the tarp deal listed respectively.

Otherwise, identical.

hey! These are individual people ovea hear!

I think Goldman was #1 for both campaigns if I recall ...almost all the Top 10 were financial institutions

I think Goldman was #1 for both campaigns if I recall ...almost all the Top 10 were financial institutions

The other way to look at it is which candidate did each bank support more. I think, and I could be remembering this wrong, they were mostly 60/40 splits or closer, all leaning McCain, except Goldman, who was 60/40 Obama.

Also, here's a Nate Silver article on Sanders/Clinton: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/...-and-new-hampshire-then-lose-everywhere-else/

The other way to look at it is which candidate did each bank support more. I think, and I could be remembering this wrong, they were mostly 60/40 splits or closer, all leaning McCain, except Goldman, who was 60/40 Obama.

Also, here's a Nate Silver article on Sanders/Clinton: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/...-and-new-hampshire-then-lose-everywhere-else/

rare occurrence of a Democrat being easier to pay off than the GOP candidate...

regardless, in 2008 they were legitimately afraid of potential new regulation & criminal investigations coming down. Holder did basically nothing, and has now gone back to Covington, where he'll represent those same banks for $$$.

Last edited:
538 just created this graph about the money raised by candidates & how many of their donors are small (i.e. less than $200/donation.

Bernie Sanders ranks third (still a gaping chasm between he, Jeb, and Billary), in terms of cash pulled in per day, yet has the highest proportion of donors considered small donors of anyone in the field.

538 just created this graph about the money raised by candidates & how many of their donors are small (i.e. less than $200/donation.

Bernie Sanders ranks third (still a gaping chasm between he, Jeb, and Billary), in terms of cash pulled in per day, yet has the highest proportion of donors considered small donors of anyone in the field.

Cool chart.
Also, Ben Carson is a bigger deal than I thought apparently.

Cool chart.
Also, Ben Carson is a bigger deal than I thought apparently.

thanks, Gulo Blue, Assalamu Alaikum, I thought so as well.

Ben Carson seems to have carved out a dedicated niche of GOP voters. Not sure where he plans to go after the election is over though.

Ben Carson is a Muslim and a Communist. I also know that he does not love America. Evidence? Just listen to this extremely edited clip of him speaking....

Ben Carson is a Muslim and a Communist. I also know that he does not love America. Evidence? Just listen to this extremely edited clip of him speaking....

LOL, yes it is ridiculous what some people will believe.

based on his beliefs, Carson seems to appeal to nice conservative voters who are religious, but not evangelical, not hateful, not racist, and are maybe even a bit liberal on economic issues. Like Republican Mennonites or something. I'm thinking of the "silent majority" that Nixon made up and claimed to appeal to. that explains the relatively wide support he has with voters willing to donate something. he is the anti-Jeb Bush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back