Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Off/Def Coordinators

im west coast man....ive been watching foles for years. He tore it up in the pac 12. Hes a very skilled qb playing in a very very friendly qb SYSTEM that was chip kellys system. Not this dude lol. This dude didn't call plays, he didn't do much of anything. Again, this wasn't his system...so ANYTHING he taught the qb on how to play in KELLYS SYSTEM...came from direction given from Kelly.

im not sure what this guy has done other that which is printed on him. He was there in seattle when hasselbeck had 4 wins and lost his job. He was there in Washington when Jason cambell and mark brunell lost their jobs and took them to 5 wins. And he left a poor Virginia program to STEP down and become a qb coach. not west Virginia, not Virginia tech...Virginia...

If he didn't do anything then why the fuck do they have QB coaches? You cant tell me that when Vick was the starter and Kelly and the OC spent all their time with him that the QB coach wasn't working with Foles and the other backups. I guarantee that he had a lot to do with the success of the QBs.

im west coast man....ive been watching foles for years. He tore it up in the pac 12. Hes a very skilled qb playing in a very very friendly qb SYSTEM that was chip kellys system. Not this dude lol. This dude didn't call plays, he didn't do much of anything. Again, this wasn't his system...so ANYTHING he taught the qb on how to play in KELLYS SYSTEM...came from direction given from Kelly.

im not sure what this guy has done other that which is printed on him. He was there in seattle when hasselbeck had 4 wins and lost his job. He was there in Washington when Jason cambell and mark brunell lost their jobs and took them to 5 wins. And he left a poor Virginia program to STEP down and become a qb coach. not west Virginia, not Virginia tech...Virginia...

So you blame him for QBs failing though? Makes sense lol

And i remember Chip Kelly telling the media after their rd 1 loss that its NOT his offense. He credited everyone for Foles success

I forgot. How is leaving a college program to become an NFL coach (no matter what position) a STEP DOWN? Wow.

Last edited:
If you don't like the Caldwell cause he is uninspiring (I agree with you) but his coordinators are high risk high reward. I'd rather see that than some retread OC/DCs. For the record Whiz likely wanted Teryl Austin as his DC.

And i remember Chip Kelly telling the media after their rd 1 loss that its NOT his offense. He credited everyone for Foles success

I forgot. How is leaving a college program to become an NFL coach (no matter what position) a STEP DOWN? Wow.

look at how much OCs in college make compared to NFL qb coaches....then ask me again how its a step down.

The people that are saying he helped foles are forgetting that vick failed.....soooooo.....I don't know what to tell ya. So now hes got 4 failures under his belt at the nfl level....and foles.

Last edited:
The people that are saying he helped foles are forgetting that vick failed.....soooooo.....I don't know what to tell ya. So now hes got 4 failures under his belt at the nfl level....and foles.

Vick is a joke .... cmon bro lol

Well Lazor chose the Dolphins. Per Mortenson on twitter.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how you hire someone and you don't know who the fuck hes going to bring with him.....its ridiculous to me....

I still say the Secondary coach of the Seahawks should be the DC and Greg Knapp the OC

What's the deal with Culley?

Looks like he's been coaching for 35 years and has never been promoted aside from a small stint as OC at UTEP in the late 80s.

Back