Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Just eyeing a couple of things... How is Hardaway lower than Aaron Craft and John Shurna? Come on.

The list seem like a joke.

But unc is stacked this year. Wonder if they finally play to their potential

Blue Rage is happening again this year....

http://www.umich.edu/~bluerage/

As I thought, the price increase last year due to the MSU game hasn't been rescinded, but it's still a great opportunity to get close to the action.

$45 for a ticket to the 1/1 Minnesota game and the 2/25-26 Purdue game. Also get a "Blue Rage" t-shirt and pizza before the Minny game. Sucks that the first game is on New Years (4pm to be exact), so no Rose Bowl, but I'm still doing it. The last few years I've been just about 5-6 rows behind the bench. It's definitely a highlight of the basketball season for me.

While I haven't looked at the list hardly at all, I will say Shurna is a beast and that I'm sure they take into account that Craft is already regarded as one of the top on ball defenders in the nation. That being said, I take hardaway over both of them. Really like Shurna though.

Piggybacking on Monster's point, probably the biggest thing that I'll be looking for is how many of the easy looks for Morgan, open 3's for Hardaway, etc were a product of Morris, or a product of the system that Burke will be able to somewhat replicate. I'm thinking the answer leans heavily toward Morris, but if Burke can come close to making up for that with distribution of his own and a better shot everything should be ok. Especially with the expected improvement from the returning players.

DR said:
Probably the biggest thing that I'll be looking for is how many of the easy looks for Morgan, open 3's for Hardaway, etc were a product of Morris, or a product of the system that Burke will be able to somewhat replicate. I'm thinking the answer leans heavily toward Morris, but if Burke can come close to making up for that with distribution of his own and a better shot everything should be ok. Especially with the expected improvement from the returning players.

morris was amazing at feeding 3's to shooters. i think this year (unless burke is morris 2.0) will be even more about ball movement to create open shots. Hardaway, at the end of the year, seemed to click with morgan very well. If you remember, he did a great job feeding him inside.

Hardaway had the ball in his hands a lot more as his game improved. I expect it to be much the same this year. Add an improved inside game from morgan to the mix and the three point ability of hardaway, smot, burke, and novak/douglass and we should be good.

This is probably the most optimistic I've been about Michigan basketball since the days of Tractor traylor and Louis Bullock.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
DR said:
Probably the biggest thing that I'll be looking for is how many of the easy looks for Morgan, open 3's for Hardaway, etc were a product of Morris, or a product of the system that Burke will be able to somewhat replicate. I'm thinking the answer leans heavily toward Morris, but if Burke can come close to making up for that with distribution of his own and a better shot everything should be ok. Especially with the expected improvement from the returning players.

morris was amazing at feeding 3's to shooters. i think this year (unless burke is morris 2.0) will be even more about ball movement to create open shots. Hardaway, at the end of the year, seemed to click with morgan very well. If you remember, he did a great job feeding him inside.

Hardaway had the ball in his hands a lot more as his game improved. I expect it to be much the same this year. Add an improved inside game from morgan to the mix and the three point ability of hardaway, smot, burke, and novak/douglass and we should be good.

This is probably the most optimistic I've been about Michigan basketball since the days of Tractor traylor and Louis Bullock.

Obvioously I hope Burke can shoot the lights out but honestly, with as much as I've heard about his speed and ball handling abilities, I'm looking for him to be able to break big 10 guards down off the dribble much like Morris but using speed instead of strength. I'm hoping once his feet are wet midway through the season, he's good enough to take on a 1 on 1(ish) mentality in big spots , break down and kick to hardawy or Morgan for easy shots. Thats what I'm looking for. I don't want the Tommy A, pass it around n hope someone gets a shot off just because we're good on the perimeter.

Beez said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

Obvioously I hope Burke can shoot the lights out but honestly, with as much as I've heard about his speed and ball handling abilities, I'm looking for him to be able to break big 10 guards down off the dribble much like Morris but using speed instead of strength. I'm hoping once his feet are wet midway through the season, he's good enough to take on a 1 on 1(ish) mentality in big spots , break down and kick to hardawy or Morgan for easy shots. Thats what I'm looking for. I don't want the Tommy A, pass it around n hope someone gets a shot off just because we're good on the perimeter.

We have some good tests in November and December, so hopefully that breaks him in by the start of the conference year.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
DR said:

Good point, Hardaway did take a much larger role in handling the ball and distrubuting as the year went on. He'll definitely be counted on to help pick up the slack.

Ahh, Bullock. Prettiest shot. Too bad he helped bring UM down...

Beez said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

Hopefully they can actually work some of that ball movement inside-out.

Kentucky expected to make a "last ditch effort" at Mitch Mcgary.

On December the 17th in Durham, North Carolina, Bleid Sports will bring some of the nations top high school basketball players to Cameron Indoor Stadium for the first annual

but don't we really want these guys to do poorly? If they play too well, then they'll just leave for the draft...

Back