Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Thanks for the heads up, always good to see more content.

First exhibition game two weeks from tomorrow!!

The big question....which freshman is going to hit 5 three's and make us lose our shit, ala Vogrich two years ago?

DR said:
Thanks for the heads up, always good to see more content.

First exhibition game two weeks from tomorrow!!

The big question....which freshman is going to hit 5 three's and make us lose our shit, ala Vogrich two years ago?

haha No doubt. Hopefully it's Burke...will be a little easier to feel like its real since he'll be playing a ton. Would love to see him get off to a big start and get that confidence/"swagger"...(getting sick of that word)

DR said:
Smotrycz the leading rebounder through the team's early scrimmages...

http://www.freep.com/article/20111020/SPORTS06/110200512/Evan-Smotrycz-showing-more-muscle-boards?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

also...

"Stu Douglass is getting a lot of work at point guard, though Beilein has been impressed with freshman guards Trey Burke and Carlton Brundidge and their basketball IQ"

In a perfect world I would love to see Stu just be a spell guard who can come in and be a deep threat while Timmy drives to the rack. Don't wanna see him play too many minutes but I like what he can bring to the team.

285? he'd need a bra if that was the case. he has put on 30 lbs of "functional muscle" putting him at 250. according to the assistant coach. Apparently nobody worked harder this off season. Added beef is definitely going to help him do what he does best. play solid D, grab some boards and maybe get a few blocks...

It'll be nice to actually have a little depth at 4 and 5, especially if Bielfeldt is serviceable.

doinwork83 said:
285? he'd need a bra if that was the case. he has put on 30 lbs of "functional muscle" putting him at 250. according to the assistant coach. Apparently nobody worked harder this off season. Added beef is definitely going to help him do what he does best. play solid D, grab some boards and maybe get a few blocks...

You must have missed earlier conversations on the matter. I'm more than happy with 250.

Hungry said:
doinwork83 said:

You must have missed earlier conversations on the matter. I'm more than happy with 250.

I wonder what name old meeechigan is using these days.

Hungry said:
doinwork83 said:

I did.. Couldnt resist the chance to drop a man-boobs referance tho

DR said:
Article on the freshmen plus a couple other bits...

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-basketball/still-standing-john-beileins-young-freshmen-guards-surviving-the-early-days-of-practice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WolverinesSports+%28Michigan+Wolverines+Sports%29&utm_content=

Not too much to note, but this was good to see....

"Beilein said Morgan has shown "more lift" to his game athletically early on in camp."

God I hope so. That was my only complaint with him last year. Couldn't jump to save his life.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
DR said:
Article on the freshmen plus a couple other bits...

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-basketball/still-standing-john-beileins-young-freshmen-guards-surviving-the-early-days-of-practice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WolverinesSports+%28Michigan+Wolverines+Sports%29&utm_content=

Not too much to note, but this was good to see....

"Beilein said Morgan has shown "more lift" to his game athletically early on in camp."

God I hope so. That was my only complaint with him last year. Couldn't jump to save his life.

He was coming off of a pretty substantial knee injury, so we're probably going to see some progress due to being another year removed from that alone.

Man I feel guilty even talking about basketball with a 1 loss football team but damn I'm ready!

I think the team has a chance to be pretty good even without Morris.. They have a two game winning streak over M$U and seem to be winning some recruiting battles.. I am very excited by the team JB has put together.,

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I think the team has a chance to be pretty good even without Morris.. They have a two game winning streak over M$U and seem to be winning some recruiting battles.. I am very excited by the team JB has put together.,

Crazy how fans were almost giving up on JB it seemed like. This is where he cashes in hopefully and starts the legacy years. I have waited a long time for this kind of potential and at times thought it was kind of a pipe dream. Now it seems so close. If UM could become a top 5-10 basketball program every year I just may like college hoops more than football. I would love to see big names picking UM over Kansas and MSU. 1 or 2 years wont do it but who knows what it could lead to. Still a bit of a pipe dream but maybe someday soon UM takes over as Michigans number 1 hoop team, and possibly the best team in the big 10. OSU certainly took the big 10 by storm over the last decade.

Interesting story...two years ago I met the basketball coach here at Cornell, Steve Donahue (Now the coach at BC). He asked me what teams I was a fan of and when I told him I was from Michigan and a big Michigan fan, he told me he was good friends with Coach Beilein and told me he would get it done at UM. Looks like he was right. This program has really started to come together in the last two years.

Back