Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

As long as the football team stays compettitive through the end of the season bball should be able to sneak up on us, which will be nice.

I'll be doing the "Blue Rage" again this year (as long as they're still offering it)...everyone that's passed on it the last handful of years needs their head checked.

Maybe I'll check that out, Art.

Looking at the schedule, it seems like WE got ripped off on the teams that WE miss. Seems like WE would've went 3-1 in that set of games. Purdue misses out on games against OH* and UW. What a crock!! I guess it'll help SoS, but that doesn't seem to be a problem of late. I'd rather take # of wins.

Ahh, forgot that came out. Yeah, that is a bad draw of teams to miss out on. Here it is on umhoops...

http://www.umhoops.com/2011/09/07/2011-12-michigan-basketball-schedule-announced/#more-19074

FYI - The blue rage games will most likely be either PSU or Minnesota, and Purdue. For those not familiar, you get a ticket to two games with seats in the student section, a t-shirt, and pizza before the first game for $45 total. At least that was the price last year...that was a jump up from years past because one of the included games was MSU. Wouldn't be shocked if they don't drop them back down, but it's still a good deal to be able to sit so close to the bench.

Oh, we're missing @Mn. For some reason, I thought WE were missing v Mn. OK, maybe, just maybe MIchigan wouldn't have won that game...I still think Michigan/Beilein has Mn's #

DR said:
What's up with the WE's?

just something i'm doing. I exaggerrate the we's to my friends, because of how some of them like to rip on people for saying 'we.' As a way of getting back at them, I exaggerate it.

I for a long time wouldn't say 'we' but now I do...fuck 'em.

Hungry said:
DR said:
What's up with the WE's?

just something i'm doing. I exaggerrate the we's to my friends, because of how some of them like to rip on people for saying 'we.' As a way of getting back at them, I exaggerate it.

It is a pet peeve of mine that people gripe about using we. I don't think anyone really feels like they are part of the team just because they use we on a message board. It is just so much shorter to type "we" rather than the Wolverines or Buckeyes or using school initials which can get confusing at times.

silverbullet97 said:
Hungry said:

It is a pet peeve of mine that people gripe about using we. I don't think anyone really feels like they are part of the team just because they use we on a message board. It is just so much shorter to type "we" rather than the Wolverines or Buckeyes or using school initials which can get confusing at times.

they

My dad ingrained in me not using we/us unless I was a part of the team. I don't have a problem with other people that do it, unless they sound like morons and are bringing shame to whatever team it is, but I'll never do it.

I do it sometimes....just wanted to point out "they" is a simple solution to not saying/typing Wolverines. If you're starting a new convo use UM, Mich. etc

Beez said:
I do it sometimes....just wanted to point out "they" is a simple solution to not saying/typing Wolverines. If you're starting a new convo use UM, Mich. etc
I often use "they" to talk about an oppenent :)

DR said:
My dad ingrained in me not using we/us unless I was a part of the team. I don't have a problem with other people that do it, unless they sound like morons and are bringing shame to whatever team it is, but I'll never do it.

That's cool if your Dad told you to not do it. If my Dad had told me to not do it, I probably would stop. I only stopped doing it when MSU fans told me that I should stop. After thinking on that, I said "screw them."

Why I picked that to listen to, over a handful of other meaningful bits of advice, I'll never know!

As much as I'm posting about it, I'm really trying not to even think about it. Too good to even imagine what it would mean for the 2012 team, the program, etc...

Back