Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Osu

I really thought that MUS was going to pressure JT but they really never got to him. Not sure if the OSU line has improved that much or if MSU's defense is just over rated.

I expected Buckeyes to compete. I did not expect what happened. JT proved his ability to deliver in a big game. That's going to give the entire team a lot of confidence heading down the stretch. They're going to need it next week against Gophers on the road. That's a trap game if ever I saw one.

I predicted 34-17 MSU....boy was I wrong. Great game by the Buckeyes.

That was the most disappointing loss I can ever remember, no question about it.

It would be great to get in one of the non championship playoff bowls, equivalent of a bcs bowl. I'd love to play Ole miss or Baylor

And yet on 4th & 5 we run Nick f'n Hill. Was there a dumber play than that tonight? Or this season?

I was shocked when Cook handed that ball off. Having said that, I was equally shocked that OSU stuffed it. It was obviously a bad call in hindsight but it would have been brilliant had the kid waltzed in. To me, the play was pretty well set up. OSU made a play. One of only a few by either defense all night.

I expected Buckeyes to compete. I did not expect what happened. JT proved his ability to deliver in a big game. That's going to give the entire team a lot of confidence heading down the stretch. They're going to need it next week against Gophers on the road. That's a trap game if ever I saw one.

You guys got 10 yards on every run, couldnt believe it, nice game Jwlcosu.

good game plan, not a lot of traditional power running, more east west and a lot of misdirections and delays.

also, great passing night by JT, he made a lot of perfect throws, he did it on the 3rd and 23, the long td at the end of the first half, just an unbelievable game by him.

cooks numbers looked good in the end but all of those misses in the first half ended drives and scoring chances, gave the ball back to OSU, etc.

I was shocked when Cook handed that ball off. Having said that, I was equally shocked that OSU stuffed it. It was obviously a bad call in hindsight but it would have been brilliant had the kid waltzed in. To me, the play was pretty well set up. OSU made a play. One of only a few by either defense all night.

Nothing could have made that call look brilliant. Nick Hill should be on the scout team, he is that bad - don't think I've seen him break a tackle in his career. And Langford and Williams were both breaking tackles and making plays all night and both are better blocking backs.

Barrett played up big time for this game, I watched him against PSU and saw a lot of overthrown and underthrown balls, didn't see any of that on saturday.

pretty crazy that we never really stopped them on offense, the first drive we got bailed out with that hands to the face call on their tackle, then they did punt with 40 seconds left but that didn't really count.

PSU held them to 20pts in regulation

Nothing could have made that call look brilliant. Nick Hill should be on the scout team, he is that bad - don't think I've seen him break a tackle in his career. And Langford and Williams were both breaking tackles and making plays all night and both are better blocking backs.

that was the exact same play as the langford TD and Allen hold, mumphrey in motion, same kind of sweep play

the thing that's really pissing me off is that OSU loss to Va tech, if they came into EL undefeated it would be a different story

the thing that's really pissing me off is that OSU loss to Va tech, if they came into EL undefeated it would be a different story

Barrett and the OLine were not ready for that defense. I also heard that VTech has lost about 5 or 6 starters on the defensive side of the ball since that game. OSU is not the same team as they were vs. VTech.

Barrett and the OLine were not ready for that defense. I also heard that VTech has lost about 5 or 6 starters on the defensive side of the ball since that game. OSU is not the same team as they were vs. VTech.

that explains a lot but I don't know how much the playoff committee will care about that, i guess it doesn't matter for MSU either way.

Still hard to believe how bad OSU's offense looked against PSU and how good they looked against us. We really never stopped them, we got a gift penalty on their first drive and then they punted with 40 seconds left, they scored on every other drive. I think we only punted 3 times though, who the hell thought there would be 1100 yards total offense in this game?

that explains a lot but I don't know how much the playoff committee will care about that, i guess it doesn't matter for MSU either way.

Still hard to believe how bad OSU's offense looked against PSU and how good they looked against us. We really never stopped them, we got a gift penalty on their first drive and then they punted with 40 seconds left, they scored on every other drive. I think we only punted 3 times though, who the hell thought there would be 1100 yards total offense in this game?

I don't think the Buckeyes deserve to be in the playoffs either. The ONLY way OSU would get in is if a LOT of teams in front of them screw up big time. In the PSU game the D line got to Barrett. Before the game I said that getting pressure on him is the key. MSU wasn't able to get to him. As far as the 1100 yards...it goes to my comment in the MSU top 5 defense thread...the Big10 doesn't have good defenses including OSU and MSU.

I don't think the Buckeyes deserve to be in the playoffs either. The ONLY way OSU would get in is if a LOT of teams in front of them screw up big time. In the PSU game the D line got to Barrett. Before the game I said that getting pressure on him is the key. MSU wasn't able to get to him. As far as the 1100 yards...it goes to my comment in the MSU top 5 defense thread...the Big10 doesn't have good defenses including OSU and MSU.

does the big ten have explosive offenses?

does the big ten have explosive offenses?

yes...OSU and MSU. I don't think Nebraska or Wisconsin have "explosive" offenses...just good running games. I am looking forward to the Nebraska Wisconsin game this weekend.

that was the exact same play as the langford TD and Allen hold, mumphrey in motion, same kind of sweep play

well, there was one pretty big difference - they put Nick Hill in instead of Langford (and Williams) and gave him the ball and he sucks.

Last edited:
well, there was one pretty big difference - they put Nick Hill in instead of Langford (and Williams) and gave him the ball and he sucks.

I hate the idea of trying to surprise someone with a play on 4th down, I'm ok in another situation like throwing deep on 3rd and 1, etc.

Even if we convert on that 4th down and score what's the point? Although there were some ehh calls by the offensive coordinators the problem was the defense, we couldn't even come close to stopping them. It was so sad watching Taiwan, Davis, and the other linebackers chase their recievers. It was even sadder watching the D-line get absolutely destroyed by an inexperienced O-line. All that hype for Shilique and he has not lived up to it. The only guy on the defense that has been solid all year minus maybe 2 plays is Trae Wayne's. He is better than Darqueze, and I'll argue it all day if you disagree. Ohio State didn't even bother throwing at him. I can recall one pass being completed on him for about 9 yards that game.

Also what everyone seems to have forgotten is the plays the Freshmen linebacker Frey made on special teams. The guy is an animal!!! I don't know if he forced both the fumbles but he was right there on both the plays. Guy plays with a lot of edge and has an attitude about him. Great game for him.

Back