Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pics from Orange Hitler's visit with the Pope

harveystephens02sm.jpg
260px-Franciscus_in_2015.jpg

What is this?

Why, it's a picture of that little fucker who played Damien in that stupid 1970s horror movie about the child devil, all growed up now, right there next to a picture of the Pope!!! The Holy Father himself, fergawdsake!!!

What an abomination!!!

Surely, Almighty God is gonna get His Fuckin' Knickers in a Twist over this when He gets a gander of that shit right there...!

Somebody is going to go to filthy fucking Hell over this shit, mark my word...

Last edited:
harveystephens02sm.jpg
260px-Franciscus_in_2015.jpg

What is this?

Why, it's a picture of that little fucker who played Damien in that stupid 1970s horror movie about the child devil, all growed up now, right there next to a picture of the Pope!!! The Holy Father himself, fergawdsake!!!

What an abomination!!!

Surely, Almighty God is gonna get His Fuckin' Knickers in a Twist over this when He gets a gander of that shit right there...!

Somebody is going to go to filthy fucking Hell over this shit, mark my word...

Hey, byco...if this dude ever gets invited to an audience with the pope, along with his wife (reading indicates that he's married...like you, I also can read)...should his cloven hoofed wife dress to meet the Pope like she's on her way to a funeral?

God damn I got to get my satire website back up… "Grown up Actor Who Played Damien as a Child Invited to Real Life Audience With the Pope After Photo Shopped Image Goes Viral on the World Wide Web..."

You guys are fucking lucky to have had my comedic brilliance to yourself for as long as you have. Once I reteach myself HTML And web uploading I'm out of here… Off to fame and fortune.

Last edited:
religions don't care what you do...as long as you give your 10%

they're a bunch of snake oil salesmen

not Rastafarians, mon, dem very very generous. no snake oil dere, mon, true true. one love, mon.

rasta-ganja.jpg

joo go to Jamaica him take care of ya.

(I wish I could speak Jamaican patois all the time. people would be like "Waht da fuck??")

God damn I got to get my satire website back up? "Grown up Actor Who Played Damien as a Child Invited to Real Life Audience With the Pope After Photo Shopped Image Goes Viral on the World Wide Web..."

You guys are fucking lucky to have had my comedic brilliance to yourself for as long as you have. Once I reteach myself HTML And web uploading I'm out of here? Off to fame and fortune.

will you at least post a link to your website once it's up and running? don't leave us hanging like that. mon.

So? You're saying that if one did that? Jesus was going to go ahead and be cool with the whole violation of the Commandment against Idolatry, and the violation of the first commandment, the whole "I am your one true God?" Thing with the subsequent deification of a number of people who had died that the church went ahead and arbitrarily decided to deify?

Which I couldn't care less about - when it comes to the 10 Commandments I'm more of a law and order "thou shall not kill; thou shall not steal; thou shall not bear false witness against the neighbor" kind of guy, as opposed to the "Oh I'm God, and you really hurt my feelings by posting that picture of that movie kid who was Damien in that stupid 1970s movie Photo shop next to the pope" kind of guy.

So if you're saying that Communication from Jesus himself is greater than the violation that the church routinely commits against idolatry and the deification of entities who aren't God, I am full on in agreement.

I full on agrees that it's way more important as people to enforce the Commandments against killing and theft and false accusations, and let God worry about the silly shit that hurts his feelings like the photo shopped picture of Damien, while the Catholic Church brazenly violates the first and second commandment as a day to day matter of doing business.

I would say there's not much of a better example of a loving one's neighbor as themselves as committing oneself to protecting innocent and harmless people From being the victims of theft and assault and and being murdered and being the victims of false accusations by criminals who really aren't our neighbors, not really.

I'm really much more concerned about that than I am about some stupid photo shopped picture of the pope that the pope himself probably doesn't even give a fuck about.

I'm going to spend my time doing what I think will most benefit my neighbors (like myself), and let the likes of byco and Tevya sit at the Eastern wall and prattle on all day about what shit on the Internet is and what shit on the Internet isn't offensive to God.

FYI - I personally am not claiming anything. The New Testament comments on commandments is what I posted. It is what Jesus said when asked what is the greatest commandment. Funny, I thought you asked for it. I need to go back and re-read, and apologize if you don't give a rats ass about it.

I didn't say you had to agree. The Rule of Law which is pretty dynamic throughout history even though it prohibits many of the same things that the original 10 commandments do also, really has nothing to do with religion. It may be loosely based on the sanctity of human life, which unless I am mistaken is still held in pretty high esteem even today. The commandments that talk about religious behavior, while very important to the Jews, and now Christians, believe it or not have also had their interpretations evolve. I can't vouch for anything. I can only tell you what I believe.

Not asking you to believe anything.

"I'm quite biased against invoking mysterious mythical beings that other people want to claim exist but which they can offer no evidence for. By telling students that the beliefs of a superstitious tribe thousands of years ago should be treated on an equal basis with the evidence collected with our most advanced equipment today is to completely undermine the entire process of scientific inquiry."

- Alan Hale (the astronomer, not the guy who played the Skipper on Gilligan's Island)​

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm quite biased against invoking mysterious mythical beings that other people want to claim exist but which they can offer no evidence for. By telling students that the beliefs of a superstitious tribe thousands of years ago should be treated on an equal basis with the evidence collected with our most advanced equipment today is to completely undermine the entire process of scientific inquiry."

- Alan Hale (the astronomer, not the guy who played the Skipper on Gilligan's Island)​

It would have meant more if the Skipper said it.

Even more if you got Gilligan to say it.

FYI - I personally am not claiming anything. The New Testament comments on commandments is what I posted. It is what Jesus said when asked what is the greatest commandment. Funny, I thought you asked for it. I need to go back and re-read, and apologize if you don't give a rats ass about it.

I didn't say you had to agree. The Rule of Law which is pretty dynamic throughout history even though it prohibits many of the same things that the original 10 commandments do also, really has nothing to do with religion. It may be loosely based on the sanctity of human life, which unless I am mistaken is still held in pretty high esteem even today. The commandments that talk about religious behavior, while very important to the Jews, and now Christians, believe it or not have also had their interpretations evolve. I can't vouch for anything. I can only tell you what I believe.

Not asking you to believe anything.

I get the impression you think I was being dismissive of your post that I responded to, and I wasn't at all. Of course I'm aware that Jesus is quoted in the New Testament as having said that, and if he really did, that's a good thing.

I find the perspective that "what I believe is 100% right and anyone who disagrees with any part of it is 100% wrong" - and I'm not saying that I think you're like that all, and actually there some non-believers on this board who I feel look at things from this perspective themselves -I find that perspective arrogant.

I find it arrogant when someone claims they know what God thinks is an abomination and they know what God thinks isn't an abomination, and if a person doesn't see it that way, that person doesn't quite understand.

I have no idea if there's a higher power and nobody else here does either, despite how much a person might insist they know that there is one, or they know there isn't one.

I know as much as anybody what God feels is an abomination and isn't an abomination, and this is what I know - I have no idea if there is or isn't a God, and if there is a God, I have no idea what God feels is or isn't an abomination, and neither does anybody else, not only here, but across the whole planet.

I get the impression you think I was being dismissive of your post that I responded to, and I wasn't at all. Of course I'm aware that Jesus is quoted in the New Testament as having said that, and if he really did, that's a good thing.

I find the perspective that "what I believe is 100% right and anyone who disagrees with any part of it is 100% wrong" - and I'm not saying that I think you're like that all, and actually there some non-believers on this board who I feel look at things from this perspective themselves -I find that perspective arrogant.

I find it arrogant when someone claims they know what God thinks is an abomination and they know what God thinks isn't an abomination, and if a person doesn't see it that way, that person doesn't quite understand.

I have no idea if there's a higher power and nobody else here does either, despite how much a person might insist they know that there is one, or they know there isn't one.

I know as much as anybody what God feels is an abomination and isn't an abomination, and this is what I know - I have no idea if there is or isn't a God, and if there is a God, I have no idea what God feels is or isn't an abomination, and neither does anybody else, not only here, but across the whole planet.

OK. People are conditioned by what they have experienced. What constitutes facts has funny way of changing on us. People who say they know something is true with a capital "T", are usually expressing their firm belief that that is so. Also people who say that you are 100% wrong, have that same belief.

Quick analogy just to get Michchamp to accuse me of a straw man argument. The sun will rise tomorrow. A statement of fact, no?

Well we know now, the sun doesn't actually "rise" in the sky - it just seems to as the world turns.

There are people who would swear up and down that the sun will rise tomorrow is Truth with a capital T. Those same people, who if you disagreed with them, would say they know for a fact that you are 100% wrong.

The argument has always been, what can you actually know is true with a capital T?

Very little actually, mostly because our beliefs about our physical world come from our own experiences (reading, sensing, experimenting). The problem is all of those things can rather easily fool us into believing things that aren't true. Yet we still believe wholeheartedly whether we are fooled or not.

Everyone who has different experiences (from all inputs), will vehemently disagree with your stated truth.

For me, I am not going to judge what others believe is a fact, I am just going to say that I believe differently. Sometimes rather pointedly, as I am a product of my experiences also, and I may tell you my truths, in an effort to sway you or convince you. In the end though, my belief is that we have free will, and convinced or not, people will believe what they want.

. . . and bravo for that. Otherwise how would this thread be going past 90 responses and still be entertaining the readers?

OK. People are conditioned by what they have experienced. What constitutes facts has funny way of changing on us. People who say they know something is true with a capital "T", are usually expressing their firm belief that that is so. Also people who say that you are 100% wrong, have that same belief.

Quick analogy just to get Michchamp to accuse me of a straw man argument. The sun will rise tomorrow. A statement of fact, no?

Well we know now, the sun doesn't actually "rise" in the sky - it just seems to as the world turns.

There are people who would swear up and down that the sun will rise tomorrow is Truth with a capital T. Those same people, who if you disagreed with them, would say they know for a fact that you are 100% wrong.

The argument has always been, what can you actually know is true with a capital T?

Very little actually, mostly because our beliefs about our physical world come from our own experiences (reading, sensing, experimenting). The problem is all of those things can rather easily fool us into believing things that aren't true. Yet we still believe wholeheartedly whether we are fooled or not.

Everyone who has different experiences (from all inputs), will vehemently disagree with your stated truth.

For me, I am not going to judge what others believe is a fact, I am just going to say that I believe differently. Sometimes rather pointedly, as I am a product of my experiences also, and I may tell you my truths, in an effort to sway you or convince you. In the end though, my belief is that we have free will, and convinced or not, people will believe what they want.

. . . and bravo for that. Otherwise how would this thread be going past 90 responses and still be entertaining the readers?

Right.

In a way, my impression is that you're re-telling a substantial amount of my post you quoted from a different perspective.

I don't even know for sure the Truth about the exact measurements of my own fully blown up Johnson - which is probably the singular thing I'm most familiar with in the world - it isn't always the same.

Last edited:

Thought I would give you a semi-serious response too. That is because he and you believe the evidence that our man-made "most advanced equipment" has produced. Funny, though, that evidence could also be used to undermine the entire process of scientific inquiry.

Look at global warming! <gets ready to duck> :*)

Right.

In a way, my impression is that you're re-telling a substantial amount of my post you quoted from a different perspective.

I don't even know for sure the Truth about the exact measurements of my own fully blown up Johnson - which is probably the singular thing I'm most familiar with in the world - it isn't always the same.

Well yeah, I was sort of agreeing with you but being less vulgar about it. :*)

I wasn't paying close attention but I'm figuring out now that Hale must be talking about the names of constellations.

He's the astronomer and I'm not, but that seems kind of extreme - isn't the study of astronomy - including applied, practical astronomy such as for navigation - based on knowing what stars are what in the sky relative to other stars, and astronomy's first understanding of that is from the constellations?

When I was a little kid learning little kid astronomy, I knew the figures in the sky weren't alive or real and they looked that way from shear coincidence and nobody (except crazy chicks who pick their mates through astrology) had considered them significant regarding mystic power for centuries...

Well yeah, I was sort of agreeing with you but being less vulgar about it. :*)

I toned the post you quoted way down from the way I would have put it in day to day life...and I even made a couple of edits toward that end...that said, I think metaphor used to illustrate just how difficult the Truth can be to find is poignant, profound and auspicious primarily by virtue of its basic primordial essence.

Back