Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

It's not sudden, he's been declining the last few years. If he's hired, I'm on his side, but my expectations are low.

You know sometimes it is the players. IMO, a good coach is a good coach. Now of course that doesn't mean they win where ever they go. I don't expect him to come here anyway.. I got a thing for Hue Jackson at this point. Former HC that did rather well in his one year with Oakland.

You know sometimes it is the players. IMO, a good coach is a good coach. Now of course that doesn't mean they win where ever they go. I don't expect him to come here anyway.. I got a thing for Hue Jackson at this point. Former HC that did rather well in his one year with Oakland.

You're absolutely right, which is another reason I don't think Coughlin succeeds here...it's like Bobby Ross all over again. That tough, disciplinarian approach takes time and also players being receptive to it. It's my opinion that we don't have those kind of players.

Again uninspiring the last few seasons, his best days are behind him...but hey, if it makes you happy...

The GM (Reese) gave him nothing to work with. It was pretty pathetic when you look at it. T

You're absolutely right, which is another reason I don't think Coughlin succeeds here...it's like Bobby Ross all over again. That tough, disciplinarian approach takes time and also players being receptive to it. It's my opinion that we don't have those kind of players.

I'm actually thinking that's the reason we don't succeed is because we don't have players like that. They're soft and they want a soft HC, like Caldwell.

I'm actually thinking that's the reason we don't succeed is because we don't have players like that. They're soft and they want a soft HC, like Caldwell.

I agree. Jim Harbaugh had similar issues in SF to go along with him running his mouth with upper management.

Probably just winning and turning it around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think coughlin is now 1 playoff appearance in the last 7 years in one of the consistently worst divisions in football. No thanks.

Last edited:
John harbaugh? Jim and John back in the state of michigan? Is it to much to hope for?

Last edited:
The GM (Reese) gave him nothing to work with. It was pretty pathetic when you look at it. T

I'm not so sure about it, they seem to have talent. Just leaves a lot. If players don't wanna play for a coach they don't stay

Like I said earlier, this was my dream. But the Ravens didn't fire him.

There was a report yesterday that two teams were interested in trading for Harbaugh. One was reportedly the Eagles, and the other was not named.

Could have been the Lions I suppose.

There was a report yesterday that two teams were interested in trading for Harbaugh. One was reportedly the Eagles, and the other was not named.

I could actually give up a 2nd for Harbaugh.

I can't see Ozzie trading him. He is a really good coach. They missed Suggs and Smith big time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I know it's steep. Maybe 2019 2nd round pick.

Then again, its not us anyways.

We wouldn't discuss a trade without having a GM lol.

My feelings on our HC

- Don't want Caldwell
- On the fence about McDaniels (great background, but failed in Denver..then again his QB was Kyle Orton. Though Orton did have his two best years of his career there)
- Don't wanna lose Austin or Jim-Bob. But is Austin going to be a good head coach? Guess the same could be asked of any hire.
- Coughlin isn't gonna happen.
- Don't really feel good about anyone else.

I keep on refreshing ESPN website to see if there's any news on Caldwell. It's driving me crazy a decision hasn't been made.

I keep on refreshing ESPN website to see if there's any news on Caldwell. It's driving me crazy a decision hasn't been made.

I would be far more concerned if a decision had been made already.

Quinn's seat isn't even warm from his ass cheeks yet. For him to say "He's fired" already would mean he came in knowing Caldwell was a goner, without even sitting down with the man to find out what went wrong last season, or if they're ideals of the game are similar.

If the announcement was made that he wasn't fired, that would likely mean keeping Caldwell was a condition of him getting the job. Which means ownership is making the football decisions.

I expect an announcement soon, but let the new guy get his ducks in a row first. Let him figure out if he needs to make a change before deciding what changes need to be made.

Unlike the game of football, which happens in seconds, the business of football is mental, and the man (if he is any good at all) is going to need some time to put the puzzle together and make decisions. It could be today still, but I would be surprised.

Back