Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Racial Bias

I'm happy to see this thread getting bumped in 2023.

And people still trying to shoehorn the obvious racial biases of Americans (or as I've noted outright official racism) into 21st century American politics... :no:

Hold on there. Mississippi Democratic House and Senate ratified the 13th in 1995. Talk about progressive. But some filing SNAFU prevented the ratification from being official.

The Mississippi secretary of state failed to sign it and send a copy to the office of the federal registrar. The details as to why are detailed.

Apparently, it took another 18 years to fix things.

NOTE: Kentucky (1976) and Delaware (1901) also waited until the 20th century to ratify. Curiously, both were border states during the Civil War.

Are you familiar with John A. Logan and this book? It's a story I can't believe isn't THE first thing we're taught about the Civil War, but the fact that there's a clear history of the run up to it in Congress, written from someone with first hand knowledge of the speeches of Southern Politicians, and it's buried in favor of all the "Lost Cause" crap speaks VOLUMES to me about this country's intrisic racism. Which of course serves a valuable purpose to divide Americans of the 99% among arbitrary skin color, rather than class (but I digress).

Anyways, he was a Illinois congressman who was initially ambivalent on the question of slavery, but pushed FAR to the left on the issue, becoming a fervent abolitionist, and taking up arms himself for the Union. What radicalized him was the outright calls for Yankee blood in congress from Southern politicians, and he wrote the book to document their speeches, word-for-word, for posterity.

There was no ambiguity from their speeches what the war was about...

the book is sadly out of print, but some independent presses are keeping it in circulation. It's not easy to find. Unlike all the "Lost Cause" crap, and pro-southern Civil War histories, which you can find plenty of.

And people still trying to shoehorn the obvious racial biases of Americans (or as I've noted outright official racism) into 21st century American politics... :no:

It's so fucking embarrassing that it still works. I'm not saying we should put propranolol in the water supply, but what was the point of developing these huge frontal lobes if we're going to do all our thinking with our amygdalas?

Last edited:
Are you familiar with John A. Logan and this book? It's a story I can't believe isn't THE first thing we're taught about the Civil War, but the fact that there's a clear history of the run up to it in Congress, written from someone with first hand knowledge of the speeches of Southern Politicians, and it's buried in favor of all the "Lost Cause" crap speaks VOLUMES to me about this country's intrisic racism. Which of course serves a valuable purpose to divide Americans of the 99% among arbitrary skin color, rather than class (but I digress).

Anyways, he was a Illinois congressman who was initially ambivalent on the question of slavery, but pushed FAR to the left on the issue, becoming a fervent abolitionist, and taking up arms himself for the Union. What radicalized him was the outright calls for Yankee blood in congress from Southern politicians, and he wrote the book to document their speeches, word-for-word, for posterity.

the book is sadly out of print, but some independent presses are keeping it in circulation. It's not easy to find. Unlike all the "Lost Cause" crap, and pro-southern Civil War histories, which you can find plenty of.

I am familiar with the book, but I've never read it. I have, however, read political tracts of southern politicians, like this one:

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.​

Alexander Stevens, vice president, CSA. March 21, 1861

Last edited:
Hold on there. Mississippi Democratic House and Senate ratified the 13th in 1995. Talk about progressive. But some filing SNAFU prevented the ratification from being official.

The Mississippi secretary of state failed to sign it and send a copy to the office of the federal registrar. The details as to why are detailed.

NOTE: Kentucky (1976) and Delaware (1901) also waited until the 20th century to ratify. Curiously, both were border states during the Civil War.

Credit where credit is due. So it only took until the 130th anniversary of the amendment for them to try (and fail) to certify it - talk about slow-walking. That?s gotta be a record.

Isn?t this the purpose of the majority of your posts on this forum.

Last edited:

Wow.

Like a century after Juneteenth and Mississippi still can?t get even this shit together.

No wonder the water there is so f?d up.

you mean like the current POTUS? Joe Biden from his remarks at the White House screening of the movie "Till"

Lynched for simply being Black, nothing more. With white crowds, white families gathered to celebrate the spectacle, taking pictures of the bodies and mailing them as postcards.

Hard to believe, but that?s what was done. And some people still want to do that.

Last edited:

Anyways, he was a Illinois congressman who was initially ambivalent on the question of slavery, but pushed FAR to the RIGHT on the issue, becoming a fervent abolitionist, and taking up arms himself for the Union. What radicalized him was the outright calls for Yankee blood in congress from Southern politicians, and he wrote the book to document their speeches, word-for-word, for posterity.

Fixed it for you... it's the Republicans that are the anti-slavery party.

Last edited:
Tallahassee district attorney has a written policy to force Hispanic persons into tougher plea deals, essentially no plea deals, literally treating any Hispanic person, regardless of their criminal history or lack thereof the same way his office treated people with "extensive criminal history."

Link. Has screenshots of the policy and the DA in question confirmed it.

So, Tallahassee Florida officially has institutional racism in place.

Probably the only place in the country, though, right? I'm sure it's an isolated incident... being tolerated by officials at all levels above the DA, which doesn't mean they condone it, right?

Tallahassee district attorney has a written policy to force Hispanic persons into tougher plea deals, essentially no plea deals, literally treating any Hispanic person, regardless of their criminal history or lack thereof the same way his office treated people with "extensive criminal history."

Link. Has screenshots of the policy and the DA in question confirmed it.

So, Tallahassee Florida officially has institutional racism in place.

Probably the only place in the country, though, right? I'm sure it's an isolated incident... being tolerated by officials at all levels above the DA, which doesn't mean they condone it, right?

Yeah, not surprisingly this story is very different from what you've portrayed in your big "gotcha" post here.

The DA in question did not confirm the policy, he confirmed the document was authentic but that it misrepresents the policy and should have said "undocumented immigrant" not "Hispanic." He goes on to explain "It?s not what we do. We?re not prosecuting people because of race. We?re prosecuting differently because of their legal status. Because as undocumented, I don?t know what their history is." Of course this quote is buried way down at the bottom of the article.

I'm sure though, since it's Florida and Florida is the most irredeemably racist state in an obviously irredeemably racist country, it has to be the case the the DA is lying and this leftist lawyer's hearsay testimony about obvious racism and a poorly worded memo tell the real story of this tiny little town in Florida which is obviously representative of the rest of America. I mean she spent all of about a minute working there, she ought to know.

Good job - I'm convinced these memos are probably littered all over DA offices all over the country and where they're not, it's communicated to staff with a wink and a nod. American justice is obviously racist

Last edited:
Nice deflection. I'm sure he was just a little sloppy when he wrote his official policy out, and all the supporting allegations from the whistleblower are just a misunderstanding. over and over again.

Nice deflection. I'm sure he was just a little sloppy when he wrote his official policy out, and all the supporting allegations from the whistleblower are just a misunderstanding. over and over again.

calls my post deflection as he deflects - good one. It was a memo, not official policy and he didn't say he wrote it. And "all" the supporting allegations are a couple of simple hearsay allegations from one attorney who doesn't even work there full time. Not sure where you're getting this "over and over again" from - actually, I know exactly where you got it from. You pulled it out of your ass because you want to believe it.

Here's the demographic breakdown of Leon County, Florida. It's 55.2% white (non-Hispanic), 32.4% black, 7% Hispanic or Latino, 3.6% Asian...

Almost 5x as many black people as Hispanics yet there's no evidence of documented policy to discriminate against all racial or ethnic minorities and none about or against black people specifically - your whistleblower isn't even alleging anti-black discrimination. Weird - doesn't sound like they're very good at racism in Leon County. Maybe they're just learning how to do it. Seriously though, there's just no way that was a mistake that should have read "Illegal Alien" or your team's preferred "Undocumented immigrant." This is a clear case of documented, institutional, state-sanctioned racism. Idiot.

Last edited:
Here's another:
Oklahoma sheriff recorded while complaining his office isn't allowed to lynch black people anymore, and discusses possibly hiring hitmen to kill two journalists he doesn't like (link).

At least the state's GOP governor called on him to resign, and sicced his AG on him. that's
something.

This guy should definitely step down. One thing about this that's kinda weird though, the internet says Kevin Clardy ran for Sheriff as a Democrat. Seems odd when you find instances of actual racism, it's usually being done by your party. Maybe he was a little late to the Big Switch you're always going on about that never actually happened.

Edit: looking forward to your explanation - something along the lines of 'Democrats in law enforcement are like Democrats in Chicago - they're basically Republicans' LOLOLOL

Last edited:
That is correct and he remained a Democrat until at least 2018 as the state of Oklahoma?s website confirms with its 2018 roster (scroll down to McCurtain County):

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok...ter-of-oklahoma-state-and-county-officers.pdf

However, sometime after that he switched as we see here on the 2022 roster:

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/elections/rosters/2022-state-county-officer-roster.pdf

His current voter registration also confirms his current status as a Republican:

https://voterrecords.com/voter/36760703/kevin-clardy

You are correct, he should step down like fellow bigot and former Commissioner Mark Jennings did.

Back