Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RB situation

I wonder if Zenner is willing to bulk up and become a FB. Could be more useful in that roll. Not like he is fast so no more weight wouldn't be an issue there.

More about the preseason, less about others getting excited. I'm not on here to counter and make this board interesting. I've just seen this story on an almost yearly basis. Insert name here, will be a stud. I've become a bit apathetic towards the annual preseason hero. Same way I feel about how Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson were after one month.

It's cool to see him doing well, but need to keep everything in context.

GO Denard!!!!!! Hope he has a decent season in Jacksonville this year..

Zenner is a great story and has been playing well verses the 2's and 3's I say keep him as long as we can.. You never know he could be another Danny Woodhead or some other shrimp that plays well... Gotta give him a shot with the big boys!!!

Zenner did well against Jacksonville ones. The big run was against ones
Z2k.

I wonder if Zenner is willing to bulk up and become a FB. Could be more useful in that roll. Not like he is fast so no more weight wouldn't be an issue there.

They already have a kid in Burton who is the FB. Good reviews on him too. Why ruin the kid by asking him to bulk up around 15lbs? He's already a solid 225.

if this is a real suggestion, it is the single dumbest post you have ever made.

If not........nevermind. I just cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Semi sarcastic....youre finally starting to get me lol. Only semi sarcastic cause neither will provide any value to this offense unless its injury plagued.

Last edited:
To be fair the OP did say he would try and trade bell to keep zenner on the team.

Bell or Riddick, trade one of those two is acceptable IF the trade improves areas like DB depth this year, not for future picks.

Bell is just now coming back and his running style likely will result in a short shelf life, figure he has a few good years left hopefully though. Those can be extended by having less workload. I would keep Bell over Riddick, but moving Riddick to slot is a reasonable option.

Bell or Riddick, trade one of those two is acceptable IF the trade improves areas like DB depth this year, not for future picks.

Bell is just now coming back and his running style likely will result in a short shelf life, figure he has a few good years left hopefully though. Those can be extended by having less workload. I would keep Bell over Riddick, but moving Riddick to slot is a reasonable option.

why would you trade Bell. He is dirt cheap and the only one who has proven to be an adequate NFL running back. Total NFL yards rushing for the remaining 3 RBs. 29 attempts, 76 yards, 2.6 YPC. You are showing a lot of blind faith in Zeener and Abdullah.

Bell is 30 next year. Zenner will be under contract two more years (plus restricted in 2018). Keep him around at least. If Bell gets hurt, then we see what Zenner can do. If Bell is slowed by injuries this year, maybe we see what Zenner can do too.

Bell/Abdullah get most of the carries this year until proven otherwise. If Bell needs a breather and we need a big back, I'm happy we have Zenner for that.

Keep 5 RBs and 1 FB and 2 QBs only if you really like Zenner and Winn.

Last edited:
why would you trade Bell. He is dirt cheap and the only one who has proven to be an adequate NFL running back. Total NFL yards rushing for the remaining 3 RBs. 29 attempts, 76 yards, 2.6 YPC. You are showing a lot of blind faith in Zeener and Abdullah.

Not blind at all...and as I have stated NUMEROUS times already, my preference is to trade Riddick; however, if teams only want to discuss a trade with Bell then that's what you do to improve the TEAM and shore up some weaker positions. RB has plenty of talent this year and the next 4-5 years.

Riddick is a good receiver. Dumb to trade him. He is Abudllah's backup. Zenner is Bell's backup. It's pretty simple. You can keep 4-5 backs.

Additionally, Bell was very good the last 6 games in 2014. He is a powerful back when healthy and affordable. He also catches the ball well. He caught 500+ yards 2 years ago. My only beef with him is ball security but not worried about it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He is what he is. A nice back that can get you 3, 4 yards. But his career YPG average is junk and he's just very limited overall. If they really liked him and trusted him to be the bell cow, they wouldn't have drafted someone in the 2nd round.

If Bell is the main guy going forward, it means the RB situation hasn't been solved.

He is what he is. A nice back that can get you 3, 4 yards. But his career YPG average is junk and he's just very limited overall. If they really liked him and trusted him to be the bell cow, they wouldn't have drafted someone in the 2nd round.

If Bell is the main guy going forward, it means the RB situation hasn't been solved.

They use two backs. See Reggie Bush who they cap cut. Abdullah replaces Bush not Bell.

Bell will get his carries. 4.4 YPC the last 8 games. Imagine what he can do with some run blocking.

Strange that you pick 8 games over his entire body of work. I can pick and choose whatever I want from the entire thing to show you whatever I wish.

He's a bad career runner in terms of YPG. It is what it is. Sorry.

Strange that you pick 8 games over his entire body of work. I can pick and choose whatever I want from the entire thing to show you whatever I wish.

He's a bad career runner in terms of YPG. It is what it is. Sorry.

5 YPC in 2012. Solid in 2013 and 500 receiving yards. Good in the redzone. The run blocking was beyond atrocious the first 7 games Bell played last year.

PFF had him a top 10 back. OVERALL

Last edited:
And do you believe he's a top 10 running back, OVERALL? How about you give me YOUR opinion instead of constantly referencing a website?

And if you think he's a top 10 back, I don't know what to do for ya.

And do you believe he's a top 10 running back, OVERALL? How about you give me YOUR opinion instead of constantly referencing a website?

And if you think he's a top 10 back, I don't know what to do for ya.

Independent reference is valid from people who watch game tape for every player. That has more validity than your gut feeling opinoin.

I think Bell is a good back and I don't care about overall rankings position. He's a good back that is on our team. He will helps us win games. He will break tackles, make guys miss and score touchdowns. I like him to run out the clock at the end of games. I like him in short yardage. I like him as a receiver on screens.

He'll get 200 carries if healthy. Abdullah 150 unless Abdullah sets the world on fire with big chunks after big chunks of yards.

Don't care. Give me YOUR opinion. Is Bell a top 10 RB? Yes or no. Easy question.

When you quote PFF about top 10, I want to hear if you truly believe it.

Last edited:
Don't care. Give me YOUR opinion. Is Bell a top 10 RB? Yes or no. Easy question.

When you quote PFF about top 10, I want to hear if you truly believe it.

Bell is a good back. Redzone, short yardge, receiving and can be a workhorse. He makes people miss and gets good yards after contact. He is good for Detroit especially on his cap number.

If I did rankings, I'd put him in at 10 if healthy. PFF agrees with me and they have hours of game tape.

But the production depends on run blocking too. I think we upgraded there big time with Man Ram, Laken, Swanson and the health of Waddle/Warford (come on ankle).

4.2 or 4.3 YPC for Bell on 200 carries. 7-9 TDs. 300-400 receiving yards. We don't need to overwork a back with 250-325 carries like some backs (Lacy, Lynch, LeVeon Bell etc). I love that we can do that.

I wouldn't mind 50 more carries compared to last year. 200 from Bell, 150 from Abdullah, 50 from Stafford just based on pressure and sneaks and kneel downs. 10 for FB, 10 for WR reverses. That leaves about 30 for Zenner/Riddick/Winn.

But if Bell gets hurt I'm comfortable with Zenner. I'm also comfortable with 150 carries for Bell, 150 Abdullah and 50 carries for Zenner and 30 for Riddick.

Last edited:
Back