Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Regents Discussing Brandon

I hope for the sake of the university they do make the case and get him out of there.

MGoBlog says ESPN says "sources" say 3 AD candidates have been contacted.

Wow. That's pretty big news. Maybe something coming down the pipe soon?

Brad bates and ward Manuel have to be two of the three

Both played football,here,,both did AD training here, bates at MiamimOh now
Manuel went from here to buffalo as AD and then Uconn

I love the stock photo ESPNsucks chose ... Sure Brandon is a jerk but he's not a dirty, cheating shit like Smith

ncf_u_smith-brandon01jr_300x200.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping in mind they don't "discuss" anything at official meetings until they've worked everything out behind the scenes, I'm starting to get a bit optimistic.

I don't think Brandon gets dumped that quickly; that's really not the Michigan.

Moeller was an exception; they really had no choice.

Frieder was leaving anyway and it took a while to dump Fisher.

Hire whatever guy that can convince the pres to spend $1 billion in athletic facility upgrades so every 5 star that visits creams his pants and signs the dotted line.

I don't think Brandon gets dumped that quickly; that's really not the Michigan.

Moeller was an exception; they really had no choice.

Frieder was leaving anyway and it took a while to dump Fisher.

As long as Brandon is around, we're going to have a mediocre football program. No decent coach wants an AD having film sessions with his coordinators.

As long as Brandon is around, we're going to have a mediocre football program. No decent coach wants an AD having film sessions with his coordinators.

I could be wrong. The trigger could be pulled out of Brandon this week. It's just seems to me that that would be a typical of the way Michigan tends to do things.

You have to remember, he's the AD for all sports, which means he runs Michigan year-round. He's not just doing football and then shutting it down. The time frame of firing him doesn't really matter, if he has to go, don't want until the end of one sport.

He has to go asap so that new AD can come in and make proper personal assessments of what is happening, specifically with football but probably several other sports due to Brandon being a total POS (both Piece of Shit and Point of Sale apply).

IF the new AD is going to fire Hoke, they need to do so after personally analyzing the situation without bias or outside pressures. If they determine things were just slightly off track this year due to X (say a new OC or OLC sucking or something) then they can move forward with minimal changes. I'm pretty sure whomever it is will come in with a bias to get rid of Hoke, so if Hoke were to stay that would likely mean he is doing better than the outside perceives or "the" coach (whomever that may be) turned down the job.

It would be nice if in the hiring process for new AD they asked for who "the" coach would be and why, or a list of 3-5 coaches to pursue and why.

In this scenario, it's time to get away from typical.

May be.

May be it's going to depend upon the "getability" of one of the three big names we hear bandied about, and how much of an impediment to that Brandon would be.

There seems to be still quite a few Michigan fans who wouldn't mind seeing Miles, his baggage notwithstanding.

I still think that ship has sailed though, I think if it were going to happen it would've happened; and again, the clusterfuck that surrounded him each of the last two HC searches makes me think that's probably not in the stars.

I love the stock photo ESPNsucks chose ... Sure Brandon is a jerk but he's not a dirty, cheating shit like Smith

ncf_u_smith-brandon01jr_300x200.jpg

Imagine a world where you had to choose between one of them...

Clueless, but immoral Gene Smith, the dumb former jock there to rubber stamp decisions getting made in the shady backrooms of ohio athletic boosters' used car dealerships...

Or a typical example of our awful CEO business class, maybe equally clueless in some ways... arrogant, greedy, and unrelenting, with no discretion or sense of decency.

Um...is Brandon wearing a bathrobe dress coat?

I think that's a navy blue trench coat.

Imagine a world where you had to choose between one of them...

Clueless, but immoral Gene Smith, the dumb former jock there to rubber stamp decisions getting made in the shady backrooms of ohio athletic boosters' used car dealerships...

Or a typical example of our awful CEO business class, maybe equally clueless in some ways... arrogant, greedy, and unrelenting, with no discretion or sense of decency.

I think that's a navy blue trench coat.

A trench coach with a bathrobe tie?

Back