Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Regents Discussing Brandon

Apparently all of the varsity coaches have signed a letter of approval for Brandon. Bleh.

Apparently all of the varsity coaches have signed a letter of approval for Brandon. Bleh.

Honestly, would any coach who values their job come out against him at this point? I don't see that as being a smart decision on their part.

No, but are they forced to sign off on some petition to support the guy?

Please sign this petition supporting your boss. No pressure. Do whatever you want.

Even if not under coercion signing a loyalty sheet would not hurt their status with the next AD.

according to John U. ("Unabomber") Bacon, who I finally decided to follow on twitter, 110 of teh signers of the petition to remove Brandon had uniqnames and were affiliated with "intercollegiate athletics."

Bacon claims this represents 1/3 of the UM athletic dept., and that means 1/3 of Brandon's staff wants him gone. He was asked to clarify how he reached that conclusion (those affiliates could be alumni athletes or former employees who still have uniqnames), and he hasn't responded yet.

Wolverines, my point is what kind of shitty peer pressure is that to even be asked to sign off on something like that? You know it's the mark of a desperate guy if he's actually having his staff go around collecting signatures from coaches to say they support him.

Sounds like BM isn't as bad of a guy as Victors says. edit: although, I can't remember now if he said it was BM's son who was a jerk, or both BM and his son.

Still, BM owns RichRod.

Maybe I'll write him a letter and ask him about that.

I never said he was a jerk, he just isn't very personable. He's a real estate guy and not a marketing guy and is pretty dry. His son that I know is just taking after Bill - commercial real estate in Chicago and doing very well.

Summarize it this way - my 41yr old friend from A2 who grew up with Bill's son says Bill treats him now the same way he did when they were 12yr old kids.

If anything I tended to defend Martin back during SailBoatGate

I take it back. Apparently the Halo was pre-Martin. He was AD for a shorter period than I thought. Still wish we could trade the last 7 years for a Halo.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/daily-remember-halo

I forgot about this too:

Yep. Ohio AD was all for sponsoring The Game ....funny too because if you look at SBC's Board, there are Busch family members. I always thought the scam was a sideways attempt to have Budweiser sponsor The Game.

pathetic

I never said he was a jerk, he just isn't very personable. He's a real estate guy and not a marketing guy and is pretty dry. His son that I know is just taking after Bill - commercial real estate in Chicago and doing very well.

When I first met him he started flirting with the wife.

I guess he thought he was being cute and funny, being the little old fart that he is, and I guess he kinda was, but I thought it was also kinda inappropriate.

Wolverines, my point is what kind of shitty peer pressure is that to even be asked to sign off on something like that? You know it's the mark of a desperate guy if he's actually having his staff go around collecting signatures from coaches to say they support him.

It's a real dick move.

according to John U. ("Unabomber") Bacon, who I finally decided to follow on twitter, 110 of teh signers of the petition to remove Brandon had uniqnames and were affiliated with "intercollegiate athletics."

Bacon claims this represents 1/3 of the UM athletic dept., and that means 1/3 of Brandon's staff wants him gone. He was asked to clarify how he reached that conclusion (those affiliates could be alumni athletes or former employees who still have uniqnames), and he hasn't responded yet.

I think he's jumping the gun there. Affiliated could mean lots of things.

It is based on the records tied to your uniqname
It could even be volunteer event staff

However usually when employment ends that affiliation is removed

The Freep just published this long article on the situation.

In the article, they note the political issues underlying the tension between Brandon and the Regents. Brandon is (they claim was) one of the biggest names in terms of GOP fundraising the State of Michigan, and mention his name was floated as a potential gubernatorial candidate. And of course the Regents are mostly Democrats...

They fail to note the irony that it's the "conservative" Dave Brandon is the one screwing the program with all his pop bubblegum marketing, wholesale selling out, uniform changes, and glamor and glitz, and these "liberal" Democrats are the ones pushing to preserve the ties to the past and prevent these changes. Although I guess the "F you. Pay me." ethic of Brandon is still true to his Party's platform...

the other thing I didn't know in the article is that the Regents expected Brandon to be at the earlier "Fireworks" meeting, and he basically flipped them off by not showing.

Back