Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Remaining NFC North Schedules

I already said the Vikes were better defensively.

When I said the Vikings have the advantage, I was saying they have the advantage at lb. I do think as a whole the Vikings are a better team than the Lions. Their d just trumps our advantage we have on offense, plus their coaching is better.

Last edited:
Whether or not we think the Vikings are better or not, it ultimately doesn't matter. We'd much rather be where they are positioned at the top of the division compared to the Lions.

Some of us think the Vikings are a bit better based on their record and statistically being better in many areas. That said...your opinion on it is valid and very reasonable. The problem is there is one poster that is anything but reasonable. He lives in a fantasy land where there are "true wins".

These next few games are huge. MN has the Rams next...that will be a tough test for them. The Rams are the real deal. The Lions should cruise past the Bears. Could be a great game on Thanksgiving. On a personal note...my local carrier doesn't carry Fox right now because of a dispute over the contract. I may have to change cable carriers...tough to spend Thanksgiving without watching football!

Those stats you're referring to are very close though. Like I said before, defense goes to the Vikings. Offense goes to the Lions. Throw in that we already beat them in their own house....Lions advantage slightly. Long and short of it though.... pretty even teams

When I said the Vikings have the advantage, I was saying they have the advantage at lb. I do think as a whole the Vikings are a better team than the Lions. Their d just trumps our advantage we have on offense, plus their coaching is better.

Caldwell is 5-2 against Zimmer. Lions have better coordinators too

Vikings have a healthy Dline. Lions don't.

Give Everson Griffen a bad knee to play on all year then get back to me. Take out Linval Joseph in Week 5. Take out Danielle Hunter in pre-season with an Achilles injury.

Lions are still close in QB rating allowed and the Lions force more turnovers. Detroit has a good defense, better offense and ST and Lions have better coaching. Lions won in Minnesota. Lions are the better teams hands down

Last edited:
Caldwell is 5-2 against Zimmer. Lions have better coordinators too

Vikings have a healthy Dline. Lions don't.

Give Everson Griffen a bad knee to play on all year then get back to me. Take out Linval Joseph in Week 5. Take out Danielle Hunter in pre-season with an Achilles injury.

Lions are still close in QB rating allowed and the Lions force more turnovers. Detroit has a good defense, better offense and ST and Lions have better coaching. Lions won in Minnesota. Lions are the better teams hands down

The Vikings playing musical chairs with qbs and still being able to compete and win games says the Vikings are a better team. Without Stafford who are we?

Last edited:
The Vikings playing musical chairs with qbs and still being able to compete and win games says the Vikings are a better team. Without Stafford who are we?

Stafford is better than all 3 of their QBs by a large amount. that makes the Lions a better team

Says anyone who understands football

1 player makes this team better as a whole? If he goes down we're mince meat. The Vikings qb goes down, it changes nothing, they still compete/win. Explain how that makes us a better TEAM. Maybe we're a better team with everybody 100% healthy. 100% health is not realistic in this game.

Last edited:
1 player makes this team better as a whole? If he goes down we're mince meat. The Vikings qb goes down, it changes nothing, they still compete/win. Explain how that makes us a better TEAM. Maybe we're a better team with everybody 100% healthy. 100% health is not realistic in this game.

Lions have better QB, Oline, weapons, very close defense and better ST and coaching. Abdullah and Riddick have talent too. Lions won the first game. Lions are the better team.

Lions have better QB, Oline, weapons, very close defense and better ST and coaching. Abdullah and Riddick have talent too. Lions won the first game. Lions are the better team.

Is the O-line better? MN has given up 10 sacks this year to the Lions 30. MN has averaged 3.9 yards per rush compared to the Lions 3.5. Those numbers suggest that maybe MN has a better OL

Defensively, MN gives up 3.4 yards per rush compared to the Lions 4.0. MN 6.5 yards per passing attempt compared to 7.4 yards per attempt given up by the Lions. MN has given up 18.3 points per game compared to 23.3 for the Lions.

Some of these stats suggest you may not be accurate with your biased assessment.

Lions have had Oline and Dline injuries. Lions have better starters than the Vikings

Lions forced more turnovers. Lions score more PPG on offense. The fluke Stafford injured game against Saints screwed up the defensive PPG with fluke turnovers and returns.

The Lions won 14-7 in Minnesota proving the Lions are the better team. Even without Davis and Hyder and Decker and Wilson that day

The Lions offense seems to be hitting a small stride. If they can get past their inefficiencies in the first half of each game and put an entire game together firing on all cylinders I can see us taking the next step up towards the playoffs.

We don't have to throw the ball down field every other play, but running a slightly more vertical offense opens things up underneath. Our best receiver, Tate, has had more room to move the last few weeks. Getting Golladay back and pushing the ball down field when we have the opportunity just makes us a better offense.

I'd like to see us come out fast and put the Bears away early. At that point, I will believe we have a chance against Minnesota. If we end up losing in Chicago in an ugly game…well....the draft is only 5 months away!

The Lions offense seems to be hitting a small stride. If they can get past their inefficiencies in the first half of each game and put an entire game together firing on all cylinders I can see us taking the next step up towards the playoffs.

We don't have to throw the ball down field every other play, but running a slightly more vertical offense opens things up underneath. Our best receiver, Tate, has had more room to move the last few weeks. Getting Golladay back and pushing the ball down field when we have the opportunity just makes us a better offense.

I'd like to see us come out fast and put the Bears away early. At that point, I will believe we have a chance against Minnesota. If we end up losing in Chicago in an ugly game?well....the draft is only 5 months away!

Well put. Without winning these next 2 games, this season is as good as over

The Lions won 14-7 in Minnesota proving the Lions are the better team. Even without Davis and Hyder and Decker and Wilson that day

This vikings team has hit their stride, and are not the team we played 2 months ago. Can we get a no excuses comment from you prior to the Vikings game? If they don't win its because they lost, nothing more. I think we win

For anybody that cares, we get the most flag happy ref squad this weekend. Not sure who that will favor

This vikings team has hit their stride, and are not the team we played 2 months ago. Can we get a no excuses comment from you prior to the Vikings game? If they don't win its because they lost, nothing more. I think we win

Lions improved more since then. Decker, Davis and Wilson should be playing in this game. Golladay healthier. Stafford more comfortable and looking great since the bye.

The Lions are the best in the NFL right now along with the Eagles, Pats, Saints and Steelers.

The Lions are 2-4 against teams that currently have a winning record (that includes GB, for now). I’m willing to admit that they’re in the top half of the league right now, but they’ve done nothing to indicate they’re among the best. They may have all the potential in the world, but it doesn’t matter if they don’t have the wins to show for it.

The Lions are the best in the NFL right now along with the Eagles, Pats, Saints and Steelers.

lol

LKP "The 5-4 Lions are the best, along with the 8-1 Eagles, 7-2 Saints, Pats, Steelers...but better than the 7-2 Vikings, 7-2 Rams and 7-3 Panthers" (sniffs more glue)

Take out Abdullah Stafford and Ruddock on the lions offense then...

Last edited:
Back