Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report: Lions and Suh NOT close to a deal

No it was smart. Since we needed room in those other years. Quin, Bush, Levy, Tulloch are here because of that. And then 22 million didn't hurt at all.

It's new deal or nothing. Fuck the franchise tag.

good teams trade or resign their own. we just simply let them walk....brilliant strategy!

But if the cap does rise to 150 million as rumored. Then a franchise tag at 26 million is still actually possible. Lions would go from 128 comitted(counts 13 million for Suh right now) to 141 committed. Still 9 under at that point.

Richard Seymour wasn't half the player suh is.....and whatd the pats get for him from the raiders....a 1st didn't they?

good teams trade or resign their own. we just simply let them walk....brilliant strategy!

Stafford, Calvin, Tulloch,Levy. And your favorite. Pettigrew.

Suh is not gone yet.

Last edited:
this is what he said after the 2011 season!

And they have still done well. Not the main reason we lose games. Injured weapons and secondary and turnovers (many not Staffords fault, 20 of the 34 not his fault).

Last edited:
Talks have been tabled with Suh until after the season...

GM code speak for "we need to find a new DT".

GM code speak for "damn...we should have drafted Donald!"

Ebron is a better prospect than Donald. And Ebron helps now. 2015 problem. Could sign Jurrel Casey too, still could resign Suh, tag or sign Fairley. Tons of options.

And I love how people want the backup for next year now. Did this with Reiff and people lost their shit. Did this with Swanson and people want Moncrief.

Last edited:
Ebron is a better prospect than Donald. And Ebron helps now. 2015 problem. Could sign Jurrel Casey too, still could resign Suh, tag or sign Fairley. Tons of options.

And I love how people want the backup for next year now. Did this with Reiff and people lost their shit. Did this with Swanson and people want Moncrief.

you think Ebron will help now....but you don't know that. Also, a lot of teams rotate their DT so Donald could have had an impact on the field if he was drafted. It's not like Ebron is going to be on the field every snap. What...maybe 1/2 of the offensive snaps and maybe targeted 5 times a game?

Young played 732 snaps his rookie year as 3rd WR. Ebron will get that or more.

Fairley played 200 snaps his rookie year in the rotation. Sammie Lee Hill like 400 snaps. Donald is 400 max as a rookie behind Suh and Fairley.

Ebron clearly would be used more and has the potential for a big impact. And we'll see how Reid does compared to Donald.

Last edited:
Young played 732 snaps his rookie year as 3rd WR. Ebron will get that or more.

Fairley played 200 snaps his rookie year in the rotation. Sammie Lee Hill like 400 snaps. Donald is 400 max as a rookie behind Suh and Fairley.

Ebron clearly would be used more and has the potential for a big impact. And we'll see how Reid does compared to Donald.

Who is Young?

Mosley played 333 snaps last year. Ebron clearly plays more than Donald.

DT wasn't the "right" pick this past draft, as far as immediate impact goes. But potentially losing both starting DTs in one off-season seems too risky to me. I'm worried they took too much of a gamble in re-signing Suh this past offseason along with the hopes that Fairley will be motivated, hopefully they don't panic and do something stupid next offseason because of it.

Things might work out with either Suh or Fairley, but Mayhew better have a backup plan if things go south.

DT wasn't the "right" pick this past draft, as far as immediate impact goes. But potentially losing both starting DTs in one off-season seems too risky to me. I'm worried they took too much of a gamble in re-signing Suh this past offseason along with the hopes that Fairley will be motivated, hopefully they don't panic and do something stupid next offseason because of it.

Things might work out with either Suh or Fairley, but Mayhew better have a backup plan if things go south.

Jurrel Casey is a good backup plan. Or like hughes said, 3-4 switch if you lose both of them. Might as well then.

And maybe they "tabled" the talks to get the media off their backs. That would be genius if they are still working on the deal.

Last edited:
Back