Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rothstein's prediction -- ESPN

Thank you for saying that. It's now 100 percent you are a troll and are getting us riled up. I thought maybe you were legitimate and were really truthful, but that's it. That's all I needed to see.

It was pretty obvious, but there was that occasional post that I thought he was being honest and truthful. He did a good job of occasionally reeling me back in to believing that he believed in what he was saying.

I can't believe it lasted this long. You guys get reeled in pretty easy. Got us through an offseason.

Bring on real football and actual game discussion!!!! I hate future scenarios by the way.

Last edited:
I can't believe it lasted this long. You guys get reeled in pretty easy. Got us through an offseason.

Bring on real football and actual game discussion!!!! I hate future scenarios by the way.

you live off future scenerios! fox Pettigrew broyles secondary Stafford leshoure titus.....every argument you ever had about them was that they'll be better for us in the future lol.

you live off future scenerios! fox Pettigrew broyles secondary Stafford leshoure titus.....every argument you ever had about them was that they'll be better for us in the future lol.

Did I do that to cause debate since that is all we had to talk about (the future or past season). I like talking about the actual games. The troll bit is over. We made it guys!!! Week 1 coming up.

Okay Lkp. So what do you actually think about Slay, Mathis, Stafford, Greenwood, Houston, and Drayton Florence?

Slay could be good but inexperienced still We face alot of good WRs. He's got alot to prove. Fits the scheme but again alot to prove with press even. As a number 1 CB it could be very rough this year if he doesn't take a big step.

Houston had a good 2011/2012. Garbage in 2013. He had two injuries but sometimes he just got beat. Doesn't press well but had solid technique. Not a ballhawk.

Florence had a solid year in 2013 as the number 2 or 3 CB with a great front 7 in front of him. Very inconsistent as a Lion 2012. Age caught up to him and they didn't like his fit here. Greenwood and Vaughn did step up a bit. Motivational tactic seemed to work.

Greenwood is measurables but again inexperience. Had good numbers in WEek 16/17 but could have been beat deep a couple times. He has a lot to learn still but with his size and speed it wouldn't be the worst if he was learning on the fly if the other CBs are struggling. At that point it doesn't matter if we are all the way down to the last CB on the depth chart. It seems he's headed for PS and might get nabbed by someone who likes his measurables or be called up when we get an injury.

Stafford is a good QB that dips to average at times. Some of the turnovers were his weapons, 12 were him. 12 is still a problem as well as his footwork. Stafford doesn't get much help other than Calvin. He's a gift and a curse for the coverage we have to face because of him. That plus the lack of other weapons to beat one on one was a problem. I don't think the coaching will quickly happen for him but the weapons additions will help him look better.

Last edited:
And I think people are going to overanalyze every throw and stat by him. I think he'll get more help this year though and look better.

And we can have injuries again. That's obvious. Any team can have injuries. We'll see what the numbers turn out to be and if we ever get an advantage. Week 1 the Giants have alot of people banged up already. But we have Van Noy and Ihedigbo too.

God damn, how did you keep it up for so long?

The duration of the offseason and meaningless pre-season football.

10-11 wins wouldn't surprise me. But they could easily mess up and go 6-8 wins. And then Mayhew is on the chopping block. I agree with alot of his decisions at the time (not all) but at some point when it's not working for you, it's not working for you.

I had to look at that post about how you truly feel about the players, and I rubbed my eyes. Hearing you say Stafford is a good QB that dips to average sometimes is so much better than saying he's the best in the world.

Think.the Giants game is going to be a measuring stick for the Lions. They might be THE worst team in the NFL right now. If we can't get by them, and look good doing so, then it is going to be a very long season.

Think.the Giants game is going to be a measuring stick for the Lions. They might be THE worst team in the NFL right now. If we can't get by them, and look good doing so, then it is going to be a very long season.

If we lose to the Giants then we have to beat Carolina or it's .500 ball at best. 0-2 start then Green Bay would just not be good. You never know though as Carolina was like 1-3 last year then didnt' lose. I'll believe a 7-8 game hot streak for this team when I see it though.

I like the new coodiantors mentality, aggressiveness and innovativeness but inexperience will certainly play a factor too. I think both of them are certainly ready to be coordinators though. They did a good job keeping the positional coaches with guys with prior DC experience (Sheridan and Alan Williams) and the Washburns and Modkins back. Good mix of coaching.

Back