Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sept 17th @ ND

That was a great win. Prevent defense almost prevented us from winning, but we dominated that game save for the 4th quarter.

The O line is huge, mean, and athletic. ND didn't sniff O'Connor most of the game. We had 500 yards of offense. D line made a huge leap from the last game. We should have kept blitzing and being aggressive, I think we win that game by 25 if we do.

Big game next week, but this team is on the way to big things again.

the o and D line were both much improved but ND sucks. they are horrible and we shud have won by 25+. ND has dook, Syracuse and nc state next so they'll be 4-2 on the verge of cracking the top 25 when Stanford ends their season and Miami quite possibly hands them a 4th loss and makes them .500 on the year.

it's an absolute joke that Texas debuted at 11 after beating ND - they're in a shootout with Cal right now for crap's sake.

Last edited:
the o and D line were both much improved but ND sucks. they are horrible and we shud have won by 25+. ND has dook, Syracuse and nc state next so they'll be 4-2 on the verge of cracking the top 25 when Stanford ends their season and Miami quite possibly hands them a 4th loss and makes them .500 on the year.

it's an absolute joke that Texas debuted at 11 after beating ND - they're in a shootout with Cal right now for crap's sake.

We dominated that game until we decided to go into the prevent D.. ND has a great Qb and a tough O to stop. We should have kept our foot on the pedal because we were easily 4 scores better than ND.

A road win vs a ranked team where we were 7.5 dogs at night, I'll take it.

And a lot of the questions we had have been answered. The O line is good. The D line is at least average. We have a lot of p-lay makers, and the back 7 on D is very good. Team will contend for the Big Ten Title and with OSU and Um at home wee just might get the the BCG.

Can we talk about the Terry play late in the 4th...I mean who calls this shit??? That has to be the worst call I've ever seen. I'm still scratching my head over that one.
Can we have terry passs the ball just once? I mean we've been setting up that play for 3 years now. It's bound to be open.

I could not agree with this statement anymore. You have to have him throw to keep the defense honest or they'll load the box and snuff it out every time like we always see.

Last edited:
Just saw some pics of that 4th down for ND where the spot looked suspect. Yeah, the knee and elbow were down with the ball clearly short of the line. He rolled after being down and they gave it to him. Shouldn't have been that close.

hi
We dominated that game until we decided to go into the prevent D.. ND has a great Qb and a tough O to stop. We should have kept our foot on the pedal because we were easily 4 scores better than ND.

A road win vs a ranked team where we were 7.5 dogs at night, I'll take it.

And a lot of the questions we had have been answered. The O line is good. The D line is at least average. We have a lot of p-lay makers, and the back 7 on D is very good. Team will contend for the Big Ten Title and with OSU and Um at home wee just might get the the BCG.

ND stinks and they dont have a great QB. they won't be ranked higher tha 20 at the end of the year and if theyre even in the 20s they wont be worthy of it. their run and p?ss defense sucks and their offense is ok at best - Texas is losing to Cal right now and has given up 43 pts with 8 mins left. they couldn't stop a team of DSF posters.

the spread is meaningless - its an early game with unknown teams and nd lines are always inflated. also the fact that it was a night game doesn't matter - it doesn't put us at a disadvantage.

Saying the questions are answered is jumping the gun just a bit. the team, especally the o and d lines looked much improved and the team played with a lot more intensity. but the fact that we beat a team we are 4 scores better than by one score doesn't support your conclusions. the linebackers played really well in the 2nd and 3rd but the secondary sucked for a lot of the game especially the 4th qtr when they repeatedly got beat deep while playing 15 yds off the line. it's definitely too early to say they're very good.

Last edited:
I went out with my wife and my ex-wife and watched Bridget Jones's Baby.

That's kind of funny, when you think about it, because, you know, she banged two guys in the same week, and the whole thing about the movie is that she doesn't know who the father is.

I would put this movie in a specific genre; chick flick that guys would like because there's a lot of gross humor. I'm talking Howard Stern type of shit. And they say that shit with British accents. Even the non-British. Like Rene Wellzeiger. That's what makes it funny. Like Monty Python.

I forget what thread or even what board I'm on - did the Spartans even play today? And if so, did they actually beat another team?

We have 3 road wins vs ranked teams in our last 4 road games. To put that into perspective, the last time Michigan won a road game vs a ranked team was 2006.

Last edited:
lol, Texas down 7 needed to stop cal on 3rd and 1with 1:30 left in the game and Cal ran the ball UP THE MIDDLE for over 50 yards. cal took a knee and only scored 50 pts but NDs offense is tough to stop (even though we sgut them down for 3qtrs) because they put 50 up on Texas.

Last edited:
I went out with my wife and my ex-wife and watched Bridget Jones's Baby.

That's kind of funny, when you think about it, because, you know, she banged two guys in the same week, and the whole thing about the movie is that she doesn't know who the father is.

I would put this movie in a specific genre; chick flick that guys would like because there's a lot of gross humor. I'm talking Howard Stern type of shit. And they say that shit with British accents. Even the non-British. Like Rene Wellzeiger. That's what makes it funny. Like Monty Python.

I forget what thread or even what board I'm on - did the Spartans even play today? And if so, did they actually beat another team?

it was the opposite of the Michigan. game - we dominated early and sucked for the last 20 minutes. I'm guessing Bridget Jones baby sucked for every minute but I'll probably never know.

hi

ND stinks and they dont have a great QB. they won't be ranked higher tha 20 at the end of the year and if theyre even in the 20s they wont be worthy of it. their run and p?ss defense sucks and their offense is ok at best - Texas is losing to Cal right now and has given up 43 pts with 8 mins left. they couldn't stop a team of DSF posters.

the spread is meaningless - its an early game with unknown teams and nd lines are always inflated. also the fact that it was a night game doesn't matter - it doesn't put us at a disadvantage.

Saying the questions are answered is jumping the gun just a bit. the team, especally the o and d lines looked much improved and the team played with a lot more intensity. but the fact that we beat a team we are 4 scores better than by one score doesn't support your conclusions. the linebackers played really well in the 2nd and 3rd but the secondary sucked for a lot of the game especially the 4th qtr when they repeatedly got beat deep while playing 15 yds off the line. it's definitely too early to say they're very good.

Who knows if ND will be decent or not but Kizer is a great QB, the best that I can remember at ND. He's likely the best QB that we'll play all year, maybe JT is close but Kizer has a stronger arm, great vision, and he's elusive. Some Mock drafts have him going #1 overall in the NFL draft. ND with 2 losses has essentially nothing to play for, no chance at the CFP and no conference to win, who knows where their season goes?

I think questions are answered on the OL for MSU, we beat them up on the ground against a good front 7. That was a huge question mark going in, we were replacing a lot on offense and the OL was key. The OL passed the test big time.

This is part of what makes it so frustrating. We could have gone play-action pass sooo many times and it would have been like playing catch in the backyard. At the same time, hitting a couple of those forces the defense to actually respect the pass on future drives, giving the team a better chance of actually getting first downs with just runs.

I think TOC is a much better runner than DT, it's not really close plus there's the threat of play action, deep ball, etc.

lol, Texas down 7 needed to stop cal on 3rd and 1with 1:30 left in the game and Cal ran the ball UP THE MIDDLE for over 50 yards. cal took a knee and only scored 50 pts but NDs offense is tough to stop (even though we sgut them down for 3qtrs) because they put 50 up on Texas.

But wait, I thought Texas was back? At least that's what the fine folks at ESPN have been telling me for 3 weeks now. It's not like they have their own network agreement with ESPN, there's no way that could have been biased information.

Texas was jacked sky high and beat ND at home. Then they go in the road and lay an egg. Not much value in transitive performance here. Texas certainly looked like a great team the last couple weeks.

There is always an excuse for our wins. Just enjoy it, we went on the road at night into one of the toughest stadiums in the country and beat a ranked opponent. As I said, the last 3 times we went in the road vs ranked teams we won. Nothing fluky about any of it. This team knows how to win and we do not have a tough road game left in our schedule.

it was the opposite of the Michigan. game - we dominated early and sucked for the last 20 minutes. I'm guessing Bridget Jones baby sucked for every minute but I'll probably never know.

It was okay. The Bridget Jones movies are actually pretty funny, very raunchy.

We went down the field a few times last night yayyyyyyyy :) opened up the offense just a bit, i was starving for that over here for the love of pete its not a magical formula!!!

Im starting to think Donnie "big play" Corley (ive coined him) landed GREEN because he had a great chance at starting spot as a freshman. He wouldnt be starting at OSU or a few of the other schools id wager. He mentioned he wants to get to the NFL as quickly as possible.

I KNEW ND was going to come back. We have a habit of letting of the gas in both sports....weird. Ill take the W though.

I think people are making too big a deal out of the ND "comeback." the important fact is, you were up 36-7 on them, on the road. What are the odds of a team mounting a 29 point comeback in a game, ith less than one half to play?

it's a solid win for you guys. and no one expected a blowout anyway, right?

I think people are making too big a deal out of the ND "comeback." the important fact is, you were up 36-7 on them, on the road. What are the odds of a team mounting a 29 point comeback in a game, ith less than one half to play?

At one point of the game they mentioned if ND came back and won it would be the largest comeback in ND history. That was tough to stomach for for a few minutes. Its actually a gift after the first putrid performance against Furman.

I've noticed some of these Sparties over here can be real Debbie Downers.

Back