Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So far Bob Quinn not looking good.

Your idiotic question was answered twice. You're just too dumb to comprehend. I see you can't answer mine tho. Typical lol

And did you just say that Bush is going on his 4th team??? Lie much?? The guy has played for 3 teams including the Lions and has played for the Saints most of his career lol

Atlanta too i think.

Washington,dahl,glasgow,wick,boldin,roberts,robinson,charles,armbrister,williams,bush,killebrew,bademosi,barnes

Other than qb and zenner/riddick and tackle, the depth is ALL Quinn

And tavon wilson is the starter hughes. Not bush

I said have an impact not just play.

We can't possibly know what to think of Quinn's moves or cuts because we don't even know which team we are.

Are we the team that turned in an abysmal start to the 2015 season? Are we the team that turned it around and made a run for the playoffs after that abysmal start?

See, we still don't really know if we have enough talent to compete, or if we just had horrible coaching. Well, okay, to be fair, we know we had a horrible O-Cordinator, but does that explain the turnaround, or was it luck? Was it schedule? We really don't know, we're guessing.

If Quinn saw a team that was lacking and brought in guys to patch it, only to find out the guys we already had were good players... so be it. If he brought in veterans to push younger guys and it worked, so be it. If it turns out he can't evaluate talent to save his ass... so be it.

Right now we don't know. No one does. One thing we know is he didn't let pride get in the way, he cut the guys that needed to be cut. Was that good or bad? We will know come January.

I understand he cut trash and it isn't a big deal. But if all these guys you signed, you evaluated and thought they could play roles on the team but then you see that they are trash that is worrisome. I actually am undecided on this years team. I think if both lines play solid then we might actually have a surprising year. But I expect growing pains on the offensive line all year long. I actually did like his draft. And I understand lineman take some time to develop. But Quinn has to do a better job next year with acquiring players. I don't see a whole lot of players on the two deep that look like they could help improve this team over last year. Most are still Mayhew holdovers. We'll see perhaps I'm wrong.

Worried about what tho? GM's kick the tires on a bunch of players. Some work and some don't. Be worried if he brings in a Ridley or a Schwartz and ends up paying these guys more money than they deserve. He gave these guys a shot and they failed to produce. Not only that, but other players stepped up and proved their worth.
OLine may struggle. They have a young core and we could definitely see 2-3 rookies eventually starting at once. For sure Decker, but Glasgow and Dahl are waiting in the wings. Growing pains for sure, but this is where Cooter comes in and makes life a little easier for the rooks.
There's significant change across the board. Why does everyone think this team is the same as last year? Decker, Robinson, Williams, Zettel, Washington, Boldin, M. Jones, Bush, Tavon are all new this year....healthy Levy and Ngata as well. This isn't the 2015 Lions. These new guys can contribute immediately.

We can't possibly know what to think of Quinn's moves or cuts because we don't even know which team we are.

Are we the team that turned in an abysmal start to the 2015 season? Are we the team that turned it around and made a run for the playoffs after that abysmal start?

See, we still don't really know if we have enough talent to compete, or if we just had horrible coaching. Well, okay, to be fair, we know we had a horrible O-Cordinator, but does that explain the turnaround, or was it luck? Was it schedule? We really don't know, we're guessing.

If Quinn saw a team that was lacking and brought in guys to patch it, only to find out the guys we already had were good players... so be it. If he brought in veterans to push younger guys and it worked, so be it. If it turns out he can't evaluate talent to save his ass... so be it.

Right now we don't know. No one does. One thing we know is he didn't let pride get in the way, he cut the guys that needed to be cut. Was that good or bad? We will know come January.

Either way....this is not a one year fix. It's going to take Quinn a couple more drafts and free agent moves to right this ship. He said it himself....

This team will always be about turnovers

20 in 8 games. 12 picks and 8 fumbles. 1-7
4 in 8 games 6-2 with bullshit hail mary loss

The team we have will depend on turnovers

34 and 33 in 2012 and 2013

+11 and +6 to differential in 2011 and 2014

Either way....this is not a one year fix. It's going to take Quinn a couple more drafts and free agent moves to right this ship. He said it himself....

I am probably the lone voice here that feels this way, but I'll say it anyway. I don't think this team needs a "fix".

We've been competitive. In the last several years we've made the playoffs twice, and came close a couple more times. We've had some real down years, and some real up years, but I feel like the talent in there.

What we need is to get over the hump. We need that spark that puts it all together.

And I don't think Quinn can provide that. Coaches put players on the field, GMs put them on the team. I think the best we can expect out of Quinn is that he continues to try and improve the team, drafts smart, and looks at the right free agents for the system.

It's going to be up to the coaches to teach the system to the players, and up to the players to execute the system.

In a lifetime of being a fan of the game, there is one thing I know for certain... no system is a losing system. No team is devoid of talent. Injuries often play a huge factor, and depth is non-existant on every roster.

Any team that thinks they have "depth" is one key injury away from finding out what they really have is a body that can play at a high level, not a starter or future superstar. It happens, but it's damned rare.

To bad we are not better. This is such a easy Schedule. Well hopfully we can still find a way to 9 or 10 wins.

Lions are better
Better tackles. Waddle and lucas were terrible
More time in cooter scheme
Stafford great with cooter
More reliable weapons. Jones is no calvin but boldin a big upgrade over moore. Tate,ebron,riddick very reliable

This defense has a ton of potential with levy back and how they played down the stretch. Lawson,diggs and whitehead and taylor proved good things last year. Keep it rolling. Wilson can be a quddus and much better than ihedogbo. Slay,quin,ansah,levy are ballers. Ngata was a stud second half. Walker alot to prove but plenty of dt depth

Avoid massive turnovers and injuries and win double digits

Last edited:

Why are we always the team that needs a few more years to be right

ebron very reliable

ebron
very
"""""""""""""reliable"""""""""""""""

ban him...BAN HIM!

tumblr_mlw7xtU0wD1qb4tlyo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Back