Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Soria traded to Pittsburgh

If this is what we net for Soria I might have rolled the dice with a qualifying offer.

DD says they see JaCoby as an everyday player at the Major League level. Will play SS at Double-A Erie.

So we pick up a ss when we got iggy already? Not sure I like it, wish we coulda gotten more, soria hadn't really been great lately I think we got all we were going to get out of him here, he did a good job but it was the right move to move him..not understanding the return totally though

Last edited:
DD says they see JaCoby as an everyday player at the Major League level. Will play SS at Double-A Erie.

Isn't that what he sees in everyone he acquires? TBH the kid is already 22 or 23 and isn't doing all that well in AA.. IF this guy develops, he only realistically has a year or two to do it.. not all that thrilled with the deal, but whatever. Soria isn't anything special.

I read some stuff from Pirates fan who seem to say he's going to be pretty good. They like him. They see him as Good defensive SS with Power.

Isn't that what he sees in everyone he acquires? TBH the kid is already 22 or 23 and isn't doing all that well in AA.. IF this guy develops, he only realistically has a year or two to do it.. not all that thrilled with the deal, but whatever. Soria isn't anything special.

He was a college draftee, 21 at the time. I expect him being in Detroit next year at some point.

He has some power and speed, but probably too much swing and miss.

DD will always say that about a player. At least he doesn't 'Sparky' the kid calling him the next Mickey Mantle, Honus Wagner etc.

I like it. Soria was was not exactly lights out lately and considering there is no way in hell we would have offered him a QA, the return is fair. A young player with decent power and speed, and acceptable on base skills. Strikes out a bit much, but the main thing is he's young and cheap.

Exactly what we need.

Soria was not going to fetch a future superstar.

Last edited:
Very good day so far. Who knows how each of these players turn out but so far I'm pleased.

He has some power and speed, but probably too much swing and miss.

DD will always say that about a player. At least he doesn't 'Sparky' the kid calling him the next Mickey Mantle, Honus Wagner etc.

Or the next
barbaro garbey

Good ol sparky... I liked him God rest his soul, hard to beiieve it's already been going on five years since he passed my oh my time flys

Last edited:
Or the next
barbaro garbey

Good ol sparky... I liked him God rest his soul

Yeah, Sparky was the greatest.
One of the best times I had at a game, 30 years ago with Uncle Jumbo. Sparky talked with us for near a half hour during BP and hitting fungoes to the outfield. We were over at the first base side near the on deck cirlce at fenway. Ball gets by Sparky and he comes over to get it. Uncle Jumbo always with the wise crack said to Sparky how he would let the ball get by him when he played, and looking at me in my Tigers cap made us feel like we were old friends.

Yeah, Sparky was the greatest.
One of the best times I had at a game, 30 years ago with Uncle Jumbo. Sparky talked with us for near a half hour during BP and hitting fungoes to the outfield. We were over at the first base side near the on deck cirlce at fenway. Ball gets by Sparky and he comes over to get it. Uncle Jumbo always with the wise crack said to Sparky how he would let the ball get by him when he played, and looking at me in my Tigers cap made us feel like we were old friends.

Cool story KC

It was 15.3 last year.

Much higher and no one will be affordable. I guess that's what true FA will come to.

JaCoby Jones was the bucks # 12 prospect. Played little center. Like to swing 259 K's to 68 BB's. Should fit in with the Tigers all or nothing offence?

Maybe we got more for Soria but I doubt it. Probably decent. I like the price deal although I think the dodgers just have a lot more to offer....I hope the kid who sleeps in his van makes it big time..he seems really cool..

Back