Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The answer is always more guns

Guns are for killing.

People are using guns to kill people for no reason now more than ever.

If there weren't as many guns accessible, there would be fewer people getting killed by guns.

I hope nobody ever murders my wife, me or my son with a gun because that would be horrible and very sad.

I think people who argue more guns is the solution are shallow, stupid and illogical.

I think America is full of pussies who hide behind their guns and wouldn't be surprised if some day my son is murdered in his lifetime by someone with a gun.

And that's horribly disappointing about our society. We are a sad, weak and pathetic people.

Stats show women and children are the most killed by guns in America.

It's more likely I will be murdered at the movies than a terrorist will hijack my plane.

It's more likely my son will be shot by accident by a gun owning family friend than it is he will die of cancer.

Guns are for pussies. People who feel the need to have guns around them are what's wrong with the pussification of society.

Bunch of fucking little bitches gun owners are. Fucking bitches.

Don't like that ...come shoot me with your gun, pussy.

Last edited:
Guns are for killing.

People are using guns to kill people for no reason now more than ever.

If there weren't as many guns accessible, there would be fewer people getting killed by guns.

I hope nobody ever murders my wife, me or my son with a gun because that would be horrible and very sad.

I think people who argue more guns is the solution are shallow, stupid and illogical.

I think America is full of pussies who hide behind their guns and wouldn't be surprised if some day my son is murdered in his lifetime by someone with a gun.

And that's horribly disappointing about our society. We are a sad, weak and pathetic people.

Stats show women and children are the most killed by guns in America.

It's more likely I will be murdered at the movies than a terrorist will hijack my plane.

It's more likely my son will be shot by accident by a gun owning family friend than it is he will die of cancer.

Guns are for pussies. People who feel the need to have guns around them are what's wrong with the pussification of society.

Most of what you say here makes sense. However, stats show that about 35K people are killed every year by guns. Over 500K people die of cancer every year.

Calling all gun owners "fucking bitches" is also quite a generalization. I own 4 guns. All of them are family heirlooms that are kept in the attic, have trigger locks on them and there is no ammo in my house.

Other than that...I agree with your sentiments.

I can't sign the assertion that my son is a "p___y" because he owns a few guns. That's a rather broad brush you are wielding. The people who initiate force with a gun are the cowards you specify.

I think this is a case where TheVictors used absolute terms in his language that probably wasn't meant to be taken literally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's talking about gun nuts. Not hunters and antique collectors. Maybe 'gun nuts' could be expanded to count people that own guns that will only ever be used for practicing to shoot people or shooting people.

I think this is a case where TheVictors used absolute terms in his language that probably wasn't meant to be taken literally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's talking about gun nuts. Not hunters and antique collectors. Maybe 'gun nuts' could be expanded to count people that own guns that will only ever be used for practicing to shoot people or shooting people.

If they are preparing to initiate force, you are correct. If they are preparing for the possibility of self-defense, that's a different person.

No, he's talking about gun owners period. Read his post again.

If they are preparing to initiate force, you are correct. If they are preparing for the possibility of self-defense, that's a different person.

I know, but my guess is that he's not making that distinction. Most guns that are ultimately used to kill someone were probably bought with self-defense in mind. Probably overwhelmingly so.

Again, guessing at his intent/thoughts.

I know, but my guess is that he's not making that distinction. Most guns that are ultimately used to kill someone were probably bought with self-defense in mind. Probably overwhelmingly so.

Again, guessing at his intent/thoughts.

If I were to guess, and it would be just a wild guess, is that most guns that are used to kill someone were purchased illegally. I would also guess that most guns that were used to kill someone were not owned by the initial person who bought them legally.

If I were to guess, and it would be just a wild guess, is that most guns that are used to kill someone were purchased illegally. I would also guess that most guns that were used to kill someone were not owned by the initial person who bought them legally.

You're excluding suicide, right? Otherwise, you're way off.

Excluding suicide, I'm not sure. Could go either way with respect to who owned them at the time they're used to kill I suppose, but my guess goes opposite yours.

Last edited:

Hey! Now, see here, you've gone too far.

Hey! Now, see here, you've gone too far.

I thought Vic may have said that because maybe you're the only gun owner he knows...

Last edited:
There's no need to guess. He's making zero distinctions.

I'm talking about intent. Not a strict interpretation of the literal meaning.

If I say something is 'red like an apple', I don't mean it might be green because some apples are. From the context, I think he means people that buy guns for shooting people, whether or not they think it's self defense. But I don't think he meant hunters or antique collectors. That guess is probably closer to what was intended than a literal reading of the post.

What a friggin' pedantic conversation.

I'm talking about intent. Not a strict interpretation of the literal meaning.

If I say something is 'red like an apple', I don't mean it might be green because some apples are. From the context, I think he means people that buy guns for shooting people, whether or not they think it's self defense. But I don't think he meant hunters or antique collectors. That guess is probably closer to what was intended than a literal reading of the post.

What a friggin' pedantic conversation.

Maybe Vic should be the one to tell everyone what he meant. But even if you're correct, it still doesn't make much sense. If a person buys a gun strictly for self defense and ends up shooting and killing an armed intruder, is any reasonable person really going to say he or she is a pussy for not taking them on w/ their bare hands? or simply taking the chance that the intruder wouldn't harm them? Not everyone lives in affluent, low crime suburbs. Lots of people who don't hunt or collect have real reasons for owning guns - that doesn't make them pussies.

Last edited:
If a person buys a gun strictly for self defense and ends up shooting and killing an armed intruder, is any reasonable person really going to say he or she is a pussy for not taking them on w/ their bare hands? or simply taking the chance that the intruder wouldn't harm them?

A handgun in the home that never leaves the home is a very different thing, especially for a single woman alone; right after the LA riots and the New Orleans Hurricane Katrina; after both of those events a lot of single women in those towns got hand guns for home self defense.

Me personally, I feel that I would be better taking an intruder immediately with my bare hands (feet, elbows, knees, leverage, any object immediately at hand that could be used as an impromptu weapon) than taking the time to ready a gun to fire.

A handgun in the home that never leaves the home is a very different thing, especially for a single woman alone; right after the LA riots and the New Orleans Hurricane Katrina; after both of those events a lot of single women in those towns got hand guns for home self defense.

Me personally, I feel that I would be better taking an intruder immediately with my bare hands (feet, elbows, knees, leverage, any object immediately at hand that could be used as an impromptu weapon) than taking the time to ready a gun to fire.

your situation is unique though, because you also always have an ample supply of Mickey's Grenades at hand, which can be thrown.

your situation is unique though, because you also always have an ample supply of Mickey's Grenades at hand, which can be thrown.

Well, they're usually empty and in the trash by the time an intruder would typically try to break in.

So they might not be the handiest thing to grab at the time.

I like the out of the box thinking though.

Back