Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New Michigan Football coaching staff thread

Ive always gone by the 4 year rule. There should be an improvement visible in that time frame. RichRod's offense was getting better in that timeframe, he just ignored the defense. Hoke kept getting worse each year. I expect a drop with losing so much (players and coaches) from the 2023 team. if we get to year 5 and the decline is still there, its hot-seat time.
I suppose four years is fair, given the four years of eligibility of players.

I don't think we can really expect improvement from where we are now... tough to get better than national champions. And there's still enough talent in Ann Arbor to be competitive for a Big Ten title next season, and - if Moore does his job recruiting and developing talent - for all four of the next four years.

That's why I'm saying there's a different standard at play, taking over from Harbaugh, and taking over a winning program. If Moore was taking over from, say Hoke or RR, yeah, I think you could be satisfied with gradual improvement over time.

Harbaugh didn't need "gradual improvement" of course... he had that team competitive in Year 1, and should have won a Big Ten title and gone to the playoffs in Year 2.

That's the sort of coach we need at Michigan... a great or at least a very good one. I hope Moore is that.

Matt Zenitz

@mzenitz

Michigan is expected to hire Memphis’ Lou Esposito as its new defensive line coach, sources tell

@247Sports

Was previously defensive coordinator at Western Michigan. Led the way for the MAC’s No. 2 ranked scoring defense in 2022 and has developed players like current early-round NFL draft prospect Marshawn Kneeland.

Back