Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GAME Game Thread

Exactly! You have to know who is out there and what he is capable of. Okorn is not capable of making that play, so you call plays that he can make.

looks like he or the WR ran the wrong route. not that he could make that throw, but it was a clear miscommunication.

Wasn't as bad a beating as expected. But can't stand the defense giving up easy TDs, 3rd and longs. Not even touching the quarterback. I mean, be aware of where the ball is, get off the blocks. It is not the object to beat the guy that is blocking you, the object is to get to the ball.

We hired Harbaugh......let the moral victories begin!!!

More frustrated now than last week. Seems like this game was winnable if they had played better.

Was definitely winnable. Michigan just blew it. Offense playcalling, QB execution, and defense failing down the stretch.

The play was fine. You can't just call screen passes and runs all downfield. Otherwise people are yelling about being too conservative so its just hindsight. The play as designed worked. The execution wasn't there.

OSU couldnt pass for shit until a RS Freshman, whos never played, showed up. We are cursed, plain and simple. This University did something to piss off the powers that be along way somewhere. Hopefully Shea Patterson really does want to play here and transfers at the end of the semester.

looks like he or the WR ran the wrong route. not that he could make that throw, but it was a clear miscommunication.

It was a stupid f'n playcall

they had 3 minutes to go down the field. You want to score with no time on the clock. Instead they go for it all on the very first play with a QB that can't throw the ball downfield.

horrible!

Exactly! You have to know who is out there and what he is capable of. Okorn is not capable of making that play, so you call plays that he can make.

I think that is what they did with Peters. Playcalling has been bad all year.

O'Korn cost us in our two rivalry games this year. He may forever be one of the most despised players to ever suit up for Michigan.

The embarssing play of Jim's qb is the difference in this game.

That pass play with 2:47

Jim just said on the radio last pick on o'korn mis reading the coverage .
Crawford sat the route down.
Our qb thought it was a post route .

Fucking Brandstatter just sucked jimmys dick saying how good the defense played today . Total horseshit. They played good enough to win but they stunk after we were up 14-0. Fucking got beat by osu back up qb. He was ready to play . Our 5th year senior stunk .

Last edited:
It was a stupid f'n playcall

they had 3 minutes to go down the field. You want to score with no time on the clock. Instead they go for it all on the very first play with a QB that can't throw the ball downfield.

horrible!

Looked like he could throw the ball downfield pretty well, the defensive back was just standing there waiting for it. Was a beautiful pass right to the defense.

Looked like he could throw the ball downfield pretty well, the defensive back was just standing there waiting for it. Was a beautiful pass right to the defense.

good point

put "accurately" at the back end of my statement.

I thought the playcalling was stellar and I dont agree with hungry on this. Okorn would never look at his check-down the whole 4th quarter. Never threw the ball away and he missed wide open receivers on simple passes any high schooler can make(that would have been huge gainers). Maybe that last drive was questionable, but also, Dons Browns defense did us no favors on 3rd downs in the 2nd half. Total breakdowns against a freshman. What happened to hand checking the wr at the line of scrimmage?

I think that is what they did with Peters. Playcalling has been bad all year.

Exactly! It was obvious that they changed the playcalling for Peters to be more successful. Run plays that he was more confident with. They called plays that were too hard for Speight when he was healthy and they did the same thing to Okorn. What if Okorn got the Peters' playbook?

I thought the playcalling was stellar and I dont agree with hungry on this. Okorn would never look at his check-down the whole 4th quarter. Never threw the ball away and he missed wide open receivers on simple passes any high schooler can make(that would have been huge gainers). Maybe that last drive was questionable, but also, Dons Browns defense did us no favors on 3rd downs in the 2nd half. Total breakdowns against a freshman. What happened to hand checking the wr at the line of scrimmage?

That's because Okorn isn't capable of doing that.

Why do we have to fuckin "baby" our QBs to begin with? I just saw a freshman on OSUs roster throw a dart downfield and play with poise after being subbed for a heisman candidate on the road.

I swear, this program seems like it had a curse put on it 10 years ago.

Exactly! It was obvious that they changed the playcalling for Peters to be more successful. Run plays that he was more confident with. They called plays that were too hard for Speight when he was healthy and they did the same thing to Okorn. What if Okorn got the Peters' playbook?

How many checkdowns did john okorn just flat ignore today? It wasn't like we were asking him to look down a bunch of timing and combo routes. Guys just sitting across the middle of the field or that rollout where dpj was running right in front of him but he never even looks at him. Not just slightly open with a step on a man...But WIDEE OPEN! Still, all the quarterback play looked bad this year. That's on Jim and his staff, we can't be that bad at quarterback going forward. It was a mess and a disgrace of a season for the offense. No excuse next year.

Why do we have to fuckin "baby" our QBs to begin with? I just saw a freshman on OSUs roster throw a dart downfield and play with poise after being subbed for a heisman candidate on the road.

because Okorn is horrible and everyone knows that except Harbaugh, Drevno, and Hamilton.

He?s a redshirt frosh.. but yea... that throw was perfect. The dB was so close to breaking that up, and the safety blew it up perfectly.. how the hell did that kid hang on to that ball smh...

Back