Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GAME Game Thread

Isn't classic hindsight at all. On 1st down there with 70 yards and 3 minutes to go, who was thinking it was a good idea to go 30 yards downfield with a play? When has that been a good idea all season? I was ready for them to run the football, which they had been doing well, and then dink and dunk their way down the field to try to score with less than 25 seconds left on the clock

No fan in their right mind was sitting there thinking, I hope they get this all in one play here.

If it had worked, it would've been a freakin' miracle

If O'Korn doesn't fart out of his ass you aren't blaming the call one bit. So blame the player not the call. I'm sure that is a play that they have practiced over and over again.

And the route wasn't 30 yards downfield that is a bit of an exaggeration. He ended up throwing it about that far because he missed the route. Crawford ran about 15 yards before turning around underneath the safeties. He was open and O'Korn airmailed it.

What you described is the perfect ideal world scenario where we just dink and dunk down the field and score with 5 seconds left. Life isn't always that easy. OSU would have been prepared for that. The play would have worked, but the execution was off.

And again we're discounting the emotional factor here. If we get a good chunk of yards on the first play of the drive suddenly the players and crowd start believing this game is ours. I have heard many great QBs say that the most important play of a 2 minute drill is the very first play.

Last edited:
Don Brown's defense is so overrated its not funny .

You're gonna see how stupid you look next year when the defense is destroying people. There was a lot of new young players starting out there this year and they still did a pretty awesome job. The best part is, we just had a hell of a defensive recruiting class as well. Luiji villain, jordan anthony, ambry thomas, josh ross, drew singleton, aubrey solomon, kwity paye, jaylen kelly powell, donovan jeters are all waiting in the wings and will be seasoned enough themselves next year. This team will go from one of the youngest to possibly the deepest and most talented on defense next season.

You're gonna see how stupid you look next year when the defense is destroying people. There was a lot of new young players starting out there this year and they still did a pretty awesome job. The best part is, we just had a hell of a defensive recruiting class as well. Luiji villain, jordan anthony, ambry thomas, josh ross, drew singleton, aubrey solomon, kwity paye, jaylen kelly powell, donovan jeters are all waiting in the wings and will be seasoned enough themselves next year. This team will go from one of the youngest to possibly the deepest and most talented on defense next season.

Hope you're right! Our offense needs all the help they can get.

Hope you're right! Our offense needs all the help they can get.

The passing game will come down to the quarterback obviously. We had probably the best WR class I've ever seen out of Michigan last year and they will be seasoned with a lot of experience themselves. There is no excuse for the passing game to suck next year. It just can't. If it does, then Harbaugh maybe needs to go.

Yeah I said it earlier the Black injury was huge. He looked to be the best of the bunch and really could have helped out our QBs this season.

The passing game will come down to the quarterback obviously. We had probably the best WR class I've ever seen out of Michigan last year and they will be seasoned with a lot of experience themselves. There is no excuse for the passing game to suck next year. It just can't. If it does, then Harbaugh maybe needs to go.

The team that Harbaugh assembled will be extremely deep at almost all positions besides offensive line going into next season. They will go from one of the youngest to one of the most experienced in a single season. It's CFP or bust next year. I've been patient enough, and reasonable enough for my expectations. I always hate losing but I understand part of the problems that the team is having. Next season, there is no more good reasons to not be awesome.

Yeah I said it earlier the Black injury was huge. He looked to be the best of the bunch and really could have helped out our QBs this season.

It may have been a blessing in disguise going forward to next year though, it allowed DPJ to get a lot more work and Nico Collins a few reps as well. With those three I believe the height on this team will be 6'3, 6'4 and nico is 6'5. Throw in olivier martin who was also a very good player coming out. It should be night and day.

At this point, I'm done with the "You'll eat words, wait till you see how this D will be next year!"

It doesn't matter. It's all bull shit until they actually fucking do something.

At this point, I'm done with the "You'll eat words, wait till you see how this D will be next year!"

It doesn't matter. It's all bull shit until they actually fucking do something.

I didn't expect either side of the ball to be exceptional this year truthfully. I understand being done with losing. I am too, which is why next year there really is no excuse for not being in the CFP.

Hope so .
But get back to me when they beat a good team with a winning record . Cuz it'll have to happen the bowl game or next year
. I was there and stupid don brown blitz on 3rd and 13 with osu new qb on there left the receiver in man coverage and the saftey instead of being over-the-top was in the middle of the field and way late on the play .
Guess what happened
1ST DOWN!!!!

MSU is playing young guys and beat psu, and us.
Osu is playing young guys look what happens ?
Oh foolish next year whatever we just got torched by osu
Back up.

Stat padding defense verses bad teams this year . .good enough to win today but not great .

Btw how many top 100 guys are in next year's class ?

Last edited:
I didn't expect either side of the ball to be exceptional this year truthfully. I understand being done with losing. I am too, which is why next year there really is no excuse for not being in the CFP.

There is always an excuse: New coordinator, too many road games, inexperienced qb/offensive line, someone got hurt, the refs screwed us. There will be excuses next year. I don't have any reason to believe that Michigan will be in the playoff. The reason, they are not that good and Harbaugh isn't better than any other coach in the upper half of the big ten.

Last edited:
There is always an excuse: New coordinator, too many road games, inexperienced qb/offensive line, someone got hurt, the refs screwed us. There will be excuses next year. I don't have any reason to believe that Michigan will be in the playoff. The excuse, they are not that good and Harbaugh isn't better than any other coach in the upper half of the big ten.

Okay, see ya in november next year when you're wrong.

O'korn missed wide open guys all day . It was Maddening.

Agreed, that has to be the focus in the offseason. They have to evaluate everyone who coaches quarterbacks and figure it out. The whole team didn't look too young in this game. It was mainly john okorn missing wide open receivers all day long.

2nd and a half a yard or yard a pulling guard Hits o'korn foot.. 3rd and 3 now. Guy in front says all we have run 2 plays and we throw it twice ..4th down Evans is wide open .. I mean wide open..miss..

Last edited:
Okay, see ya in november next year when you're wrong.

We've been saying this for a decade. And we've been right every time. This team is great when it doesn't matter, and shits the bed when it does.

Until they do anything, they are a slightly better version of the Lions.

Back