Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Wisconsin vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Wow, after you get off the wagon, this time stay the fuck off!
I didn't even go to Michigan and the game will still be on, win or lose, even as ugly as expect it to be.

Yup, totally have been on the bandwagon 30 years. *eye roll*

Lloyd Carr had it with the most unappreciative unrealistic fan base in all of sports (which is saying a lot) and said "fuck this shit - I'm done."

If there's a curse, that's what the curse is from.
Curses do not exist. They are simply a stupid excuse.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Still on the Harbaugh train 100%. Before things felt hopeless and not even competitive. Now it feels like there is potential even if it seems like we're snake bit or there's always some key part missing. Last year was so close - ball bounces the other way a few times and the whole conversation is different. This year expectations were less going in.

Well, what the hell else is Michigan gonna do?

Fire Harbaugh and try to finally get Les Miles?

Ask Lloyd Carr to come back?

Hire whomever it is who happens to be coaching Miami of Ohio at the present time?

Get some dude from Yale?

Hire Mark Harmon?

Absent of catching Harbaugh with a dead minor girl or a live minor boy, I'm tired of the coaching parade.

Hey, I have an idea - how about just let Harbaugh develop his own players and put in his own system?

Sound familiar?

People were saying that in defense of a fucking red necked ass hillbilly that couldn't barely even speak English who led Michigan from a 40 year-ish winning regular season streak straight into the fucking toilet and right down into the sewer.

And people aren't willing to extend Michigan and Ann Arbor's own probably favorite son that very same courtesy, who is off to a vastly better start than the hillbilly?

Fucking people, I swear to God...

Curses do not exist. They are simply a stupid excuse.

I was responding to another poster who claimed that the program is cursed.

If you read what I wrote, it's obvious that my point was that the southward spiral started with the fan base mistreatment of Lloyd Carr - the use of the word "curse" was an anecdotal reference to the post I was responding to.

I don't appreciate you using the word "stupid" in the context of a response to a post of mine.

I don't understand those calling for his head either. He needs time to develop his players, sure, but why is it other teams seem to be able to reload year after year and still win with teams just as young as our current one?

It's a little maddening is all.

At least you guys were fortunate to have a very light schedule(8 teams that will finish with a losing record) with this young team. That extra practice time before a bowl game is big.

That's just one of those things that is said which really has no merit or actual evidence to back it up. The practices are good for that specific team in preparing for that bowl. Too much time passes between seasons, the team will ultimately look different top to bottom, the playbook changes, coaches change, etc... Those practices don't do anything for the future, they just help now.

And those practices are for a bowl game that means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Well, what the hell else is Michigan gonna do?

Fire Harbaugh and try to finally get Les Miles?

Ask Lloyd Carr to come back?

Hire whomever it is who happens to be coaching Miami of Ohio at the present time?

Get some dude from Yale?

Hire Mark Harmon?

Absent of catching Harbaugh with a dead minor girl or a live minor boy, I'm tired of the coaching parade.

Hey, I have an idea - how about just let Harbaugh develop his own players and put in his own system?

Sound familiar?

People were saying that in defense of a fucking red necked ass hillbilly that couldn't barely even speak English who led Michigan from a 40 year-ish winning regular season streak straight into the fucking toilet and right down into the sewer.

And people aren't willing to extend Michigan and Ann Arbor's own probably favorite son that very same courtesy, who is off to a vastly better start than the hillbilly?

Fucking people, I swear to God...

Hey, I have an idea! How about they win something? Let me know when that happens.

Last edited:
I don't understand those calling for his head either. He needs time to develop his players, sure, but why is it other teams seem to be able to reload year after year and still win with teams just as young as our current one?

It depends on what you mean by "winning."

From the day that Bo was hired until the day that Carr retired, Michigan reloaded and won year after year - only one shared national championship and post season disappointments, but winning seasons and numerous conference championships.

But - nobody wins their conference their bowl game and the national championship every year. Alabama is on a little roll, but they didn't win it all last year, and they had a rebuilding period before, just like USC struggled before and since Carroll...freaking Les won at a national title at LSU and got to another championship game and was in the hunt a number of years...and they ran his out of Baton Rouge on a rail.

Nebraska was hot in the 90s, and they're currently crap. Texas used to reload and win, and they're crap now. Florida was hot then went to crap, same with FSU and Miami, who seems to be back now...every program has had its ups and downs...not just Michigan.

I started following Michigan football Bo's first season in 1969...and from that season until the season after Carr stepped down I NEVER SAW A LOSING REGULAR SEASON.

No fan of any other program in the country who happened to start following their team that same year would have been able to say that.

Now, some of them saw their team win a few more national championships...and a few more big bowl games...which would have been nice, of course - I used to go into every season as a fan thinking "this - THIS is going to be the national championship year..." and it finally did happen once...

Anyway, we have our right guy.

He hasn't won the conference or beaten the Buckeyes yet; everything else has been as good as reasonably expected.

Hey, I have an idea! How about they win something? Let me know when that happens.

Okay.

What are you gonna do to make that happen?

Besides bitch?

I remember in Rich Rodriguez's first season getting blown out at South Bend.

I posted shit that indicated that I was obviously pissed off, and you bitched about me for bitching.

Maybe you should stick to rooting to your alma mater, they Chippewas.

They're pretty good, and nobody would care if they weren't, anyway.

It's totally frustrating we have a offense coordinator that cannot make his team better. Can't seem to create any mismatches that could help a young team
A oc that sticks with the run down 11 when we haven't been getting any yards on the ground all day. He flat out stinks right now. Play fake on third and 11 lol.

Or how about a defensive coordinator that blitzes every damn play until the opposition beats them.. mix it up please.

No one wants Harbaugh fired but like Jessica said why are we not reloading every year with Michigan's resources.

I expected better offensive production under Jim, and not more hopium for 2018.

It's year 4 next year and we have no clue who the QB is still :/

Last edited:
That's just one of those things that is said which really has no merit or actual evidence to back it up. The practices are good for that specific team in preparing for that bowl. Too much time passes between seasons, the team will ultimately look different top to bottom, the playbook changes, coaches change, etc... Those practices don't do anything for the future, they just help now.

And those practices are for a bowl game that means absolutely nothing.

I'm certain EVERY coach in america would disagree with you.

I was responding to another poster who claimed that the program is cursed.

If you read what I wrote, it's obvious that my point was that the southward spiral started with the fan base mistreatment of Lloyd Carr - the use of the word "curse" was an anecdotal reference to the post I was responding to.

I don't appreciate you using the word "stupid" in the context of a response to a post of mine.
I was also responding to the post before you about curses. Just quoted yours. My post was meant to support your side of the argument.

Sorry for any confusion.

Exactly. What exists is poor play that doesn't equal championships.

I think the team is closer than it's been in a long time.

In 2007, just like in 2006, and for a lot of seasons before that Michigan went into the Ohio State game with the B1G championship - and possibly more - in the balance.

And that didn't happen again - until last season.

A very controversial call, in favor of the Buckeyes in their own house - ended up being the difference; although arguable, Michigan did play their way into that situation with some mistakes down that stretch that, absent of those, could have put the game away for Michigan.

Still, playing Ohio State with the conference championship in the balance - I guess now it's a chance to play one more game for the conference championship - that's the way Michigan football is supposed to be - and last year, it finally was again.

So I chalk this year up to a rebuilding year.

I think the program is closer than its been since Lloyd Carr retired.

This is how I feel too-and willing to give them more time. I just feel frustrated as I did with Brady and Rich. Other teams do seem to load and we are in a competitive division that has that harder for us and a lot of us feel a lack of improvement in some areas. I don't like the coaching change wagon - I don't like the expectations put on coaches to win everything by three or four but Harbaugh was touted as this great coach and we're paying a lot of money for it. I have always supported Michigan and will continue to do so just feel frustrated

Last edited:
I think the team is closer than it's been in a long time.

In 2007, just like in 2006, and for a lot of seasons before that Michigan went into the Ohio State game with the B1G championship - and possibly more - in the balance.

And that didn't happen again - until last season.

A very controversial call, in favor of the Buckeyes in their own house - ended up being the difference; although arguable, Michigan did play their way into that situation with some mistakes down that stretch that, absent of those, could have put the game away for Michigan.

Still, playing Ohio State with the conference championship in the balance - I guess now it's a chance to play one more game for the conference championship - that's the way Michigan football is supposed to be - and last year, it finally was again.

So I chalk this year up to a rebuilding year.

I think the program is closer than its been since Lloyd Carr retired.
I would agree if I saw any semblance of the o-line improving in pass protection. We're forcing QBs to play handicapped bc our o-line is a joke in the pass game. They can run block, but it's like their brain is jacking off when we have to pass.

Peters has tons of potential and I fully believe he's the QB that can leapfrog us out of this bullshit mediocrity. He just needs a real Michigan o-line to do it.

Our D will be crazy for once we have an offense that can sustain drives. They are on the field way too much right meow.

This is how I feel too-and willing to give them more time. I just feel frustrated as I did with Brady and Rich. Other teams do seem to load and we are in a competitive division that has that harder for us and a lot of us feel a lack of improvement in some areas. I don't like the coaching change wagon - I don't like the expectations put on coaches to win everything by three or four but Harbaugh was touted as this great coach and we're paying a lot of money for it. I have always supported Michigan and will continue to do so just feel frustrated

Harbaugh is off to a very good start in three seasons.

This year is a down year; but it's the kind of down year Michigan used to have before Carr retired - 8 wins so far in a rebuilding season.

Nobody reloads and wins every game and their conference championship and the national championship every season.

The Buckeyes didn't B1G last season, and got blasted out of a playoff that they really shouldn't have been in.

Assuming the Buckeyes win today they're going to face the Badgers in the B1G championship game; I think anybody who thinks that Wiscy is going to be a walkover is in for a surprise.

I mean seriously we may be breaking in yet a new qb next season with road games at ND, Msu, and Osu so does anyone really think next year is the year ? I sure hope so but there needs to some big steps taken to do so.

Last edited:
Back