Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The shine is gone

My issue is ge us in year 3
He knew he was going to lose passibg targets
Where is development?

Five games into the season and the offense has not improved even a tiny bit in any facet of the game.

Have they had a dedicated WR coach under Harbaugh? Seems like that might be a good idea.

We definitely don't have one now. We need one to develop all these young, talented WRs. Pep Hamilton should not have that responsibility on his plate.

I really don't see the value of Pep Hamilton. His players he is coaching continue to fumble . I heard on that free press clip above that both him and Drveno are calling plays. That cant be true .and if it's jim needs to fix this shit. Another thing what happened to big time energy jimmy harbaugh. He looks so subdue on the sidelines compared to his first 2 seeasons to me.

Last edited:
I really don't see the value of Pep Hamilton. His players he is coaching continue to fumble . I heard on that free press clip above that both him and Drveno are calling plays. That cant be true .and if it's jim needs to fix this shit. Another thing what happened to big time energy jimmy harbaugh. He looks so subdue on the sidelines compared to his first 2 seeasons to me.

We need a dedicated OC. Not a OL/OC or a Assistant OC/Passing Game Coordinator.

I really don't see the value of Pep Hamilton. His players he is coaching continue to fumble . I heard on that free press clip above that both him and Drveno are calling plays. That cant be true .and if it's jim needs to fix this shit...

This has been Harbaugh's approach for over a decade.

The offense has looked disjointed as hell over the last two seasons. And rather than making up for issues with the O-line and QB, it seems the playcalling is making them worse. I do think Jim needs to take more control and obviously needs to find something that the offense can do well and replicate.

We should steal Mike Hart from IU. Just bring him back to Ann Arbor after the game in Bloomington. Then we can move Jay back to coaching the TEs.

Then why start this thread here? Drama queen.

Come on! We know why he posted this here. He did it to show that he was right. Last spring, he came on here and posted about how if Harbaugh didn't lead Michigan to at least an 11-2 season including wins over MSU and OSU and a big 10 title, then the shine would be gone. Now, he didn't say this specifically and that is why I didn't include quotes, but his posts implied this and when I questioned him on it, he wouldn't answer one way or another other than to say that any personnel issues wouldn't be excuses.

Don't know why we're posting this here. Seems quite the tangent from the OP, but I'll add on. The offense that Pep Hamilton is trying to run is just way too complex at this level. There was no need for all the complexities in any game so far this season. There are younger players all over the depth chart. There is no way they can have this offense down. They just need to make things more simple.

Sky is falling/shine is gone/Harbaugh is overrated talk is just a bunch of overreactions. Our offense isn't good right now. We knew it wasn't going to be good. Before we played Florida, we knew we had the least experienced Michigan team in 20 years. The only surprise so far is that our defense is better than expected. Losing sucks, but people are reading too much into what is for the most part, problems we knew about combined with some bad luck.

Let me be clear. This is not so much about the program overall. This is more about the current head coach and a very high-level status he was placed on.

It's not the fact that they lost on Saturday. It's how they lost. You are going into year 3 of a system, and the offense continues to look like they don't know what is happening. That's a concern. MSU is not all that great right now. But they wanted it more, they had a complete plan from top to bottom on Saturday, and Michigan had something working (running), and then decided to spread 5 wide.

-Heard this on the radio

Hoke after 31 games
24-7 and 2-2 verses o$u and msu.

Jimmy after 31 games
24-7 and 1-4.

Let me be clear. This is not so much about the program overall. This is more about the current head coach and a very high-level status he was placed on.

It's not the fact that they lost on Saturday. It's how they lost. You are going into year 3 of a system, and the offense continues to look like they don't know what is happening. That's a concern. MSU is not all that great right now. But they wanted it more, they had a complete plan from top to bottom on Saturday, and Michigan had something working (running), and then decided to spread 5 wide.

I agree .

It extremely bothers me that Michigan was unprepared to play in bad weather.
EVERYONE KNEW it was coming and msu adjusted and our staff was just not prepared at all for it , and in year three there us just no innovation on offense that is lacking any real playmakers since Black went down. If we can't beat a bad msu team the future looks bleak if we are being honest.
It also bugs me that our great defense always waits till a score or two before it adjusts and cracks down but on that msu fumble late in the game that bounced right back to him EVERYONE Should have been run blitzing because no way Mark was going to throw with our offense.

Last edited:
-Heard this on the radio

Hoke after 31 games
24-7 and 2-2 verses o$u and msu.

Jimmy after 31 games
24-7 and 1-4.

Hoke can take some of the blame for Harbaugh's record. Hoke's o-line recruiting was dreadful. Cole and JBB were the only o-line recruits in Hoke's 2014 class and that's a huge reason why our o-line is pitiful right now. He followed that up with Newsome and Runyan Jr in 2015. Harbaugh brought in Ulizio late. Having only five o-line recruits in two years is ridiculous. Hoke basically sentenced Harbaugh to having a shitty o-line because of his terrible recruiting. The Newsome injury made it even worse.

Come on! We know why he posted this here. He did it to show that he was right. Last spring, he came on here and posted about how if Harbaugh didn't lead Michigan to at least an 11-2 season including wins over MSU and OSU and a big 10 title, then the shine would be gone. Now, he didn't say this specifically and that is why I didn't include quotes, but his posts implied this and when I questioned him on it, he wouldn't answer one way or another other than to say that any personnel issues wouldn't be excuses.

I must not have seen that, I have him on my ignore list. Oh wait, I didn't do that, because I'm not a pussy ass bitch.

But yeah good call, I forgot about that.

Back